• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

What do you guys do if you've made multiple attempts to contact the owner of a disc and you get no response?

sounds, to me, like you've got a new disc to throw or trade... it's not like you didn't try :)

This.

All someone can ask is that you give a reasonable attempt.

One thing to add - make sure you try a call too instead of just texts. Some folks live in the stoneage without a cell. ;)

Yeah, I called and left messages on the machine, but no response. I threw the disc at league tonight and it came up pretty clutch, so I'm just gonna keep it in the bag.

Lost an Ace disc on Osage Grove hole#4: Orange GL Fuse hooked down the hill right and short of the basket and likely glided to the creek, but we couldn't find it. Obviously would love to reward a return with a disc from my stock!

Anyone know Tom Schodtler #16910 of Illinois? I found a disc of his on my home course in Tyler, TX. It just has his name and PDGA#, nothing else, and I can't find any other way to contact him.

Here is his PDGA info, it doesn't help much either...

http://www.pdga.com/player/16910

He seems to be pro and travel, I guess the ink is just for the "marking" rule in tourney play. Unless that was a uber special disc I doubt he would want it back.

Glad to see you care to make a attempt to reunite players to their plastic :thmbup:.

Here is his PDGA info, it doesn't help much either...

http://www.pdga.com/player/16910

He seems to be pro and travel, I guess the ink is just for the "marking" rule in tourney play. Unless that was a uber special disc I doubt he would want it back.

Glad to see you care to make a attempt to reunite players to their plastic :thmbup:.

I'm hoping someone will return the Teebird I was looking for when I found his and another one (an Ace disc at that!). Trying to find this owner. That Teebird was probably 10-15 feet short, but on the line, of an ace. I was playing my best round ever and thought I could park it if not have an ace chance. It was a little short, skipped, and went into the shallow part of the muddy pond. I will have to try and look for it with my golden retriever again.

Oh, and I found Tom on Facebook and sent him a message and friend request. Hopefully I'll hear back from him, I don't mind mailing it back, especially if he checks out the shop :)

Oh, and even after throwing in the water and getting a bogey (almost par'd), I'm still at my best round ever at that course as well as overall. -1 through 14 holes. My current best is +2 there.

Lost this weekend:

Star Wraith
Star CAC Tern
Metalflake Champ Tern
S-Line PD
GoldLine Halo
ESP FLX Nuke SS
Champ Glow Thunderbird
Lucid Suspect
Champ Boss

And still, worth it :D.

Lost this weekend:

Star Wraith
Star CAC Tern
Metalflake Champ Tern
S-Line PD
GoldLine Halo
ESP FLX Nuke SS
Champ Glow Thunderbird
Lucid Suspect
Champ Boss

at least you've got an exact backup for that suspect :)

my toll to the water gods was:

X1 - OATy FH
x Force - too much hyzer
pro Destroyer - not enough anny and nose up, stalled out and bailed
400 M2 - AWFUL tree kick :(

Lost this weekend:

Star Wraith
Star CAC Tern
Metalflake Champ Tern
S-Line PD
GoldLine Halo
ESP FLX Nuke SS
Champ Glow Thunderbird
Lucid Suspect
Champ Boss

Yikes - where did you play?

dang! i thought i had a bad round when i almost lost two discs (found one later just when i searched again) to the snow a few weekends ago. AND, last night, i DID just get back the other one i lost from a player who found it in the middle of the fairway after the snow melted :thmbup:

Practice round at lunch today. Dumb throw combined with an unexpected wind gust sent my go-to CE Leopard out over a fence and onto the side of the freeway. Not getting that one back unless a lawn mower picks it up and calls the number on the back. Fence is too high and I'm too old to risk it, it's just a disc. Looks like I'll be trying out some new understable fairways!

Practice round at lunch today. Dumb throw combined with an unexpected wind gust sent my go-to CE Leopard out over a fence and onto the side of the freeway. Not getting that one back unless a lawn mower picks it up and calls the number on the back. Fence is too high and I'm too old to risk it, it's just a disc. Looks like I'll be trying out some new understable fairways!

Sorry for your loss. Try an Underworld from Westside.

I did the exact same thing during my lunch hour a year ago. Except I couldn't allow myself to abandon the disc so I drove onto the freeway and pulled over to grab it. As soon as I stopped, a cop pulled up behind me and asked if everything was okay. I sheepishly explained the situation and he told me I legally couldn't stop for that reason. But he told me he was going to drive away and I could grab the disc after he leaves. Cops are cool sometimes.

Yea that's pretty cool. This is a super major expressway and there isn't much of a shoulder in this spot, so there's no way I'm risking it. The funny thing is that lately I've been very concerned with finding a backup plan for that part of my bag, in case I lose something. All my fairways are way OOP.

Thinking I'll go with something in that slot where I can beat in discs to cover the straight-to-understable spectrum with three discs in one mold, then jump up to PD's. I'm looking at FD, Patriot, Crave for now.

I did the exact same thing during my lunch hour a year ago. Except I couldn't allow myself to abandon the disc so I drove onto the freeway and pulled over to grab it. As soon as I stopped, a cop pulled up behind me and asked if everything was okay. I sheepishly explained the situation and he told me I legally couldn't stop for that reason. But he told me he was going to drive away and I could grab the disc after he leaves. Cops are cool sometimes.

I have to strongly disagree with the end of your comment. I have never seen a cop be cool. Ive never met anyone who's seen a cop be cool. I've never even heard a story about a cop being cool.

I have to strongly disagree with the end of your comment. I have never seen a cop be cool. Ive never met anyone who's seen a cop be cool. I've never even heard a story about a cop being cool.

Well, you just read a story about a cop being cool. If you live long enough, sooner or later you will see everything, including cool cops.

Threw my go to understable driver yesterday on a dogleg right hole. Wind picked up, and with the combination on me shanking the drive, it took off to the right hard. It landed on the bank of the river, easily retrievable from a parking lot on the other side so I planned to stop by after the round and get it. Either someone grabbed it before I did, or it rained enough to make the river swell and carry her off down stream. Good times, that was my baby when it came to turnover shots. Now it's time to replace it.