• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magic?

Aaron_D

* Ace Member *
Anyone liking it? I recently busted out my old proto glow and two newer runs and found them less nose angle sensitive than the wiz on putts and suprisingly stable in the wind (on putts). Im not giving up my wizzles, but I could see switching to the magic for putting duty. It feels a little lower profile than the wiz too, which I like.

I've always been a "2 putter mold" kind of guy.
I think Magics and Wizards compliment each other very well.
I use the Magic way more than the Wiz but I am biased towards the traits of the Magic. I've always liked neutral stable discs with great glide and lower power requirements. The Wiz still gets plenty of game time for all those Wizzy situations that pop up.

I recently put my SS magic back in the bag. Workin well for me. I just found my glow wizard was a little too overstable for longer putts, so I decided to change it up a little.

i use my wiz for most putts inside the circle, short drives and approaches
and use the magics for longer putts, tailwind putts, anhyzer putts and approaches, they do compliment each other quite well IMO

SS wiz, and M mag's

The Wiz still gets plenty of game time for all those Wizzy situations that pop up.

Yeah, I totally agree. There are a lot of situations in which I just need to throw a wiz. I rarely "throw" a magic--beat wizards are kings of the upshot. My minimalism bone is tingling...

I really really like the magic but going back and forth between the wizard and magic sometimes causes poor throws.

Usually my decision to carry (or not carry) the magic is what bag I'm using. If I'm carrying the simian I'll carry 4 wizards (2 for putting, 1 new for driving, one beat for driving / upshots / long putts). If I'm carrying my squirrel monkey it's generally a newish wizard for putts and drives/upshots with fade and a magic for everything else.

I have had my original proto magic in my bag since day one. It has never let me down when I need it. This and my star tb are my two comfort disc's.

Aaron_D said:
I rarely "throw" a magic--beat wizards are kings of the upshot. My minimalism bone is tingling...

I haven't really beaten a Wiz. The ones I've used the most are the SSSSS Wizards and they never really got 'beat.' Right now I'm thrashing a firmer SS and a really stiff S, so hopefully soon I'll get to find out what a beat Wiz is like.

A little off topic, but, am I the only person that likes their litter used for jump putts to be really overstable? I use a pretty damn new proto vp for my long putts.

dgdave said:
A little off topic, but, am I the only person that likes their litter used for jump putts to be really overstable? I use a pretty damn new proto vp for my long putts.
I rarely ever use jump putts, but I prefer a more neutral stability putter for them.

dgdave said:

x2 here. I can't jump putt with a Magic as it gets understable on my out past 40 ft.

I keep going back and forth between carrying one or two putter molds. The wizard/magic combo is so alluring and every now and then I add a magic and it works very well for me. Right now I am rocking a magic for jump putts and anny shots.

Frank Delicious said:
The wizard/magic combo is so alluring and every now and then I add a magic and it works very well for me.

I'm very new to the Magics, but it kinda seems like Wizard & Magic combo is analogous to the Roc & Comet combo. (With all the accompanying heretical implications.)

chiggins said:
Frank Delicious said:
The wizard/magic combo is so alluring and every now and then I add a magic and it works very well for me.

I'm very new to the Magics, but it kinda seems like Wizard & Magic combo is analogous to the Roc & Comet combo. (With all the accompanying heretical implications.)

That is not a bad comparison. It also works well for me because I am carrying magics/wizards and rocs/comets.

Frank Delicious said:
chiggins said:
Frank Delicious said:

That is not a bad comparison. It also works well for me because I am carrying magics/wizards and rocs/comets.

Heretic.

(Oh wait. There's some of each in my ba-- er, nothing.)

chiggins said:
Frank Delicious said:
chiggins said:
Frank Delicious said:

Heretic.

(Oh wait. There's some of each in my ba-- er, nothing.)

I see that

edit: haha, I have ruined your plan.

like a magnet with less glide and HSS, im sure thats good for some folks but i like some glide on my putters. good for short turnovers though

Jesse B 707 said:
like a magnet with less glide and HSS, im sure thats good for some folks but i like some glide on my putters. good for short turnovers though

img-thing