• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

Would like a comparison to a BuzzzOS. I didn't like the BuzzzOS because it was too OS. It would pull left out of my hand (RHBH) almost immediately.

Funny you should say that, because two guys described it as a Buzzz OS without all the fade.

It's nothing like that. The amount of fade will depend on power, but even on a few 100 foot FH approaches it was penetrating not dumpy fade.

Another thing FYI if anyone goes looking for one online...the ones we picked from broke down into 2 types. One was straight up translucent P and board flat. I grabbed one of those because I hate domey mids.

The others looked less translucent and kinda P/Plasma blendy, and had noticable dome. I can't say for sure if there was any difference in stability.

Got to throw one of these today. While it did feel great in the hand...
The most overstable GYRO™ midrange to date, designed from overwhelming demand by MVP fans.

^this is definitely false advertising... It flies basically like a slightly beefy Z buzz.

Not as OS as the tensor I threw back when it was first released. Probably bout the same as those early beefy vectors. And was also the gummier version of the proton...The proton resistor on the other hand...:thmbup: straight beefcake

Last edited:
Even if it's a beefy Vector that feels awesome in the hand...that alone sounds like a winner. Is it a little longer than a Vector?

I didn't really get to throw it for distance, just a couple times in a field between rounds at a tourney. You're right that it could be one of those MVP discs that I thought I wouldn't want, but I could see it finally loosing the beat wasp from of my bag... after a little seasoning anyway...

It flies basically like a slightly beefy Z buzz.

Do you, by chance, have an unnatural cyborg arm like the Winter Soldier making this disc seem less stable than it actually is? If so, you have to tell us so that I can understand this shocking comparison. Only a slightly beefy Z Buzzz? I hope not. Going to keep my hope alive for the earlier beefy Vector comparison.

Nah no robo arm, lol. For a MVP comparison. I would liken the tensor/matrix to servo/crave. Matrix flies straight on full power with a dependable but not dumpy fade. Whereas the tensor I threw, awhile back, and just a slightest bit of turn before a heavy fade. far be it from me to start a "whats stable mean" discussion, but it really does depend on what you would consider more OS, 0 turn or more fade. Also, it was only 3 throws with the matrix today, so I could be way wrong.

I'm not sure if it's as OS as the Vector, certainly not more OS, and it's longer for me by a good bit.

It might just be that it's a great disc for me, but it bombs like 10-15% longer than the Axis for me with less effort, and on full drives I can shape lines at will with it.

I have above average but not crazy power. It held a mellow anny about 285 well uphill on a hole today.

And yeah, the P Resistor is $$. Bone-in ribeye.

Last edited:
It's a lot like the Envy, how a hair of anny makes it fly looooong and straight, but it will also dig into even a slight hyzer.

couldn't contain myself and snagged one should be here tuesday. I only carry two mids and this seems like it may give my bard or compass or both a run for their money. not generally a fan of proton but I just had to get one. looking forward to it. and someways I'm glad its not as os as people want, my dreams for an envy os are still alive and well! I do like the sounds of a longer envy which is what my tp bard is for me.

couldn't contain myself and snagged one should be here tuesday. I only carry two mids and this seems like it may give my bard or compass or both a run for their money. not generally a fan of proton but I just had to get one. looking forward to it. and someways I'm glad its not as os as people want, my dreams for an envy os are still alive and well! I do like the sounds of a longer envy which is what my tp bard is for me.
Same, couldn't help myself when infinite discs put them up. Mine will be here today along with the Spin. Grabbed a bright green one even, which I was telling myself I would avoid especially in proton but it's better to spot than the dark blue they had. Plus the whole idea of a The Matrix style dye on it is tempting...

That being said, when this comes out in Neutron in the future, this one will leave the bag. Definitely looking forward to the longer Envy flight.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Aren't retailers supposed to wait until after the Circuit is over to start selling these?

Yeah, I'd like one in a different, brighter color. Mine's magenta, and very clearish, hard to see in the rough.

Yeah, I'd like one in a different, brighter color. Mine's magenta, and very clearish, hard to see in the rough.

I don't understand the appeal of a dull, see-through flight plate. MVP Proton reminds me of when Discraft was making Titanium plastic in muddy, dark green and brown colors. Completely ridiculous to pay for something so difficult to find after you throw it. Neutron plastic in easter egg colors is perfect.

I don't understand the appeal of a dull, see-through flight plate. MVP Proton reminds me of when Discraft was making Titanium plastic in muddy, dark green and brown colors. Completely ridiculous to pay for something so difficult to find after you throw it. Neutron plastic in easter egg colors is perfect.

Yeah, the bin we were choosing from was basically flat and more clear, or domey an more colorful. Had to be flat for this guy.

Yeah, the bin we were choosing from was basically flat and more clear, or domey an more colorful. Had to be flat for this guy.

Yeah, there was a bunch of magenta, dark teal and blues in that box. :(