• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

You know he was talking about flight, not feel. Either way, the more posts I see, the more I want this disc.

Over-stable Comet? That sounds bizarre and amazing. I guess you're trying to say it's effortlessly over-stable? I will absolutely will buy one of these when they come out in neutron but I'm not sure it sounds like something I'd eventually bag. I already consider my Buzzz to be a CometOS.

What I am trying to describe is that it is a overstable mid that still has glide once the fade kicks in. Low speed glide and overstability is a rare combo.

High speed it is straight like a Comet. Not as much glide as a Z Comet, but still great.

Last edited:
Mine's almost board flat.

It's not exactly the same because of how fast it is, but you have to think of it like an Envy, in that the harder you throw it the more neutral it becomes.

I can throw it 300+, easier than I can an Axis. (I've been overshooting holes that I ordinarily throw mids on.) But it's effective at shots even < 200, like FH approaches it's very controllable.

Just yesterday, on two tightish tunnels, I had it fly a skinny flex line on a say 235' (RHFH)flick and finish like 20' R of center, and had it hold a very shallow anny, drift too far right, and hit a tree @ about 285 on a 315 foot hole (so this was a full BH rip for me. I'll also point out that there's a tree that angle across the fairway about 1/2 way to the basket that creates a pretty low ceiling, it's a tough basket to get close to. And if I could've kept it skinny I would've parked it yesterday with this disc. It stays in the air on a low line better than an Axis.)

I'd put it like, the harder I throw it, the less the line is Vector-like and the more it's Axis-like...?

Oh, and talking about what it feels like in-hand...the closest MVP for me to compare it to is a flat Tangent.

Last edited:
FWIW, the ^flick approach:

I was in the ditch between the bridge and steps, so that shot was a bit nose up by necessity. And the ^drive:

I swear that R to L diagonal tree hangs a bit lower now, haha, but maybe that's only when you stand on the pad.

Mail call!

Shout out to Infinite Discs for the great service, and for the last board flat Matrix they had.

This one's blue, and a bit "cloudier" than the almost clear magenta one I have, so hopefully I'll be able to see it better in the weeds.

Any idea of when these will be put into regular production. Seems like enough positive feedback has been heard about the Matrix to get it pushed out.

Any idea of when these will be put into regular production. Seems like enough positive feedback has been heard about the Matrix to get it pushed out.

IIRC, last year, retailers waited until after the Circuit was over to get their stock in. If this year is the same, we should see the Signal, Spin, and Matrix pop up around fall.

I picked up a Matrix today since reading about it had me so intrigued. I took to the field with the Signal to test it out.

All of you who said longer Envy were exactly right. The speed and ease of this disc to throw surprised me. Mine is table-top flat, and even almost concave. It's a 178, which is heavy for me, but it flies light. I was expecting overstability, but it is more about HSS than anything. Just like the Envy, you can mash on it and it holds. I was getting about 250-280 with it, which is long for my arm. And the feel in the hand is great, nice and flat and a smooth release. I didn't buy a Spin, but I'm confident in saying that the Matrix will be the breakout hit from the Circuit this year.

got a matrix flat or moderate dome 175g for mvp standards. had a 164g neutron envy and champ shark3 171g to compare against. matrix has alot hss and takes all oat my forehand can give it and it still holds the angle. bh does like my envy but longer.

shark3 cant take any oat without starting to turn. neither strong headwind makes it a viable choice.

great mold will buy more!

what colors is the easiest to spot in proton? mine is limeneon and its pretty good. didnt dare to buy blue haha..

got a matrix flat or moderate dome 175g for mvp standards. had a 164g neutron envy and champ shark3 171g to compare against. matrix has alot hss and takes all oat my forehand can give it and it still holds the angle. bh does like my envy but longer.

shark3 cant take any oat without starting to turn. neither strong headwind makes it a viable choice.

great mold will buy more!

what colors is the easiest to spot in proton? mine is limeneon and its pretty good. didnt dare to buy blue haha..

I got one of the teal plasma-shift domey ones, I can attest, it's not the easiest to find...but it looks so good :doh:

I have a couple friends who picked up orange ones and they pop pretty well. Either that or your day-glow are probably the brightest I've seen.

still messing with this mid not in my big bag yet, but it works wonders as my only mid for my nutsac rounds. it really is a longer envy for me and at lower power i can impart more fade than the envy so it does well at low power hyzer lines for me. not sure it'll make the bug bag until neutron comes out, but then it'll probably kick out a few discs in my bag. great mid and i think its their best offering for mids yet. now give us a truly overstable mid or putter please!

IMO, both the Tensor and Vector (beefier ones) are more OS than the Matrix. I would agree that they need a short OS disc, be it a putter, or mid, but maybe not both. To be honest, it's easier to power down a Resistor for OS mid work than use any of their current offerings.

IMO, both the Tensor and Vector (beefier ones) are more OS than the Matrix. I would agree that they need a short OS disc, be it a putter, or mid, but maybe not both. To be honest, it's easier to power down a Resistor for OS mid work than use any of their current offerings.

agreed powered down resistors are a good option. id rather them release a truly overstable putter first, mid ah who cares axiom putters are mids already!