• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

The softer proton doesn't seem to hold up as well as Soft N? If so they need to run these in that stiff proton being released with the 23mm...

I'm hoping the release may have some tweaks. I'd love for this to be on the more stable side of the ones I have thrown and I'm waiting patiently for neutron. I just don't get along with protron. With the envy/proxy combo though I'm learning more and more that they are actually mids in disguise.

I'm still hoping for some of these in Eclipse (to include the resulting slight bump up in stability like with the Eclipse Axis)

I was hoping these would be out this month. I guess there is still time for a late October release.

Actually, apparently:
picture.php

:thmbup:

Any word on production run matrices?(not sure how this works on a proper noun). I hear longer envy and some with more beef just a late fade? What seems to be for sale now? Or is it just more of the same/left over from circuit events?

As of last release dealers could order bulk amounts of leftover circuit molds so we should see some matrix out in the wild soon but no word on full production runs yet. I assume they might do a cool stamp as it has a good name for it on a LE/SE release.

I would look for them to start being sold/stocked with some of the bigger retailers who carry a lot of MVP or MVP sellers in general.

Flight is pretty much what you have heard. All depends on flatter vs slight dome like with other mids from MVP.

I'm still not seeing these anywhere online. Admittedly, I'm just searching "mvp disc golf matrix" and checking the retailers that come up. Regardless, based on what I read here I thought this would be a big seller, and I'm surprised no one seems to be stocking it yet.

I'm still not seeing these anywhere online. Admittedly, I'm just searching "mvp disc golf matrix" and checking the retailers that come up. Regardless, based on what I read here I thought this would be a big seller, and I'm surprised no one seems to be stocking it yet.
Infinite Discs, community discs, disc king, disc nation, basket bashers, MVP trade/sell Facebook page

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think right now it's only the leftover Circuit stock of these. No production runs out there (that I'm aware of,) so there's probably some spotty availability.

For example, Community doesn't actually have any as of a quick search I just did.

Infinite Discs, community discs, disc king, disc nation, basket bashers, MVP trade/sell Facebook page

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gee thanks for the list of online retailers. Unfortunately disk king's site is down, basket bashers has the signal, but no Matrix, infinite, Sun king, community, etc don't have it. Wouldn't you assume I've checked most of the major retailers if I'm this interested?

By the way, why do people feel the need to tell you what model phone they use and that they're using Crapatalk? It's beyond annoying. Turning those nonsense advertising signatures off is the first thing I do when I get a phone.

I think right now it's only the leftover Circuit stock of these. No production runs out there (that I'm aware of,) so there's probably some spotty availability.

For example, Community doesn't actually have any as of a quick search I just did.

Community is my favorite place to shop online, and Justin usually has a good supply. I've been checking them a couple times a week. I'm just among most retailers aren't ordering much since we're going into the slow season for them.

Gee thanks for the list of online retailers. Unfortunately disk king's site is down, basket bashers has the signal, but no Matrix, infinite, Sun king, community, etc don't have it. Wouldn't you assume I've checked most of the major retailers if I'm this interested?

By the way, why do people feel the need to tell you what model phone they use and that they're using Crapatalk? It's beyond annoying. Turning those nonsense advertising signatures off is the first thing I do when I get a phone.
I never assume anything.

It didn't come out flying quite as overstable as they'd expected from the design itself, so that took some walking back of the marketing for sure, but it's still a matter of 0.5-0.75 of a standard stability tick in difference, it was never THE meathook even if it was planned as the current lineup's most overstable mid. It was designed after the other two models in the context of this Circuit trio, if that hints at all to the degree of relatively overstable vs broadly overstable. But it's not like the FR Shock where some legitimate production vulnerabilities were identified and fixed. Pretty often when a disc is actually produced it ends up having some features you didn't really expect... and therein lies the problem with this type of event where you've gotta begin its marketing well in advance of full production.

Since it's a new core we can assume it'd be used again. And for every production Fairway/Distance class they're using one stable-overstable core and one stable-understable core, with shoulders and bevels that will fit a range of noses to finish off the stability increments. So I'm hoping, as a fan of Chad molds, that he'll take the Matrix core and build a beefier nose for another model. I'm not sure if that core would lead us right up to the Gates of Beef, Home of Drone, Guarded by Gators... but I think the core could accommodate a more evil nose.

Neato. BTW: I still miss my FR Shock - great understable disc ;)

I'm just among most retailers aren't ordering much since we're going into the slow season for them.

Maybe, but what I was saying is, where would they order them from? MVP may be molding up production runs right now, but they obviously haven't released them, so it's just a question of how much Circuit overstock is out there, and where to find it.

The best place is probably the Facebook MVP fan or b/s/t page, if you really want one ASAP.

I have 2, and I really liked them at first, but I'm finding myself cool on them slightly, no real reason, just on the course I don't find myself pulling one out for shots as much as I thought. They just aren't different enough from the Axis for me, which has been a staple in my bag for quite a while.

But so, I'll think about it...maybe we can make a deal.

. I'm just among most retailers aren't ordering much since we're going into the slow season for them.

I think slowest months are Jan-Mar. but don't take my word on that one...

The circuit leftovers are available to purchase wholesale in random assortment of 10 discs at a slight discount from normal neutron prices. No way to order the matrix mold- only random 10/pcks

Ive found a few around online this AM.

All of my LE matrix are flat. Not sure about other stock stamps but would assume this is more the common trend vs slight dome.

Havent had a chance to throw it yet with snowy slush all day but stamp and plastic looks/feels great.

All of my LE matrix are flat. Not sure about other stock stamps but would assume this is more the common trend vs slight dome.

Havent had a chance to throw it yet with snowy slush all day but stamp and plastic looks/feels great.

Are they stiffer than the Circuit Matrix or about the same softness?