• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth beats Wysocki in their last tournament of year

2014 McBeth vs Wysocki record...

Date Tournament - Winner's Finish (bold if won tournament) - Loser's Finish (margin between). Series lead.

FEB 21-23 Gentlemen's Club Challenge - McBeth 2nd - Wysocki 5th (1 shot). McBeth 1-0
FEB 26-MAR 1 Memorial Championship - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 12th (11 shots). McBeth 2-0.
MAR 21-23 Texas State Championships - Wysocki 1st - McBeth 3rd (12 shots). McBeth 2-1.
MAR 29-30 Journey Post 1st Stop - Wysocki 1st - McBeth 3rd (1 shot). Tied 2-2.
APR 12-13 4 The Chains DG Open - Wysocki 1st - McBeth 2nd (5 shots). Wysocki 3-2.
MAY 2-4 Glass Blown Open - McBeth 2nd - Wysocki 8th (8 shots). Tied 3-3.
MAY 16-18 Masters Cup - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 2nd (2 shots). McBeth 4-3.
JUN 5-7 Japan Open - Wysocki 1st - McBeth 3rd (4 shots). Tied 4-4.
JUN 20-22 Kansas City Wide Open - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 2nd (7 shots). McBeth 5-4.
JUL 3-6 Maple Hill Open - Wysocki 2nd - McBeth 6th (8 shots). Tied 5-5.
JUL 17-20 European Masters - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 3rd (7 shots). McBeth 6-5.
AUG 12-16 PDGA Pro Worlds - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 2nd (sudden death). McBeth 7-5.
SEP 5-7 Pro Rochester Flying Disc Open - Wysocki 5th - McBeth 6th (4 shots). McBeth 7-6.
OCT 1-4 United States Disc Golf Championship - McBeth 2nd - Wysocki 43rd (28 shots). McBeth 8-6.
DEC 6-7 Twisted Flyer Cactus Classic - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 2nd (1 shot). McBeth 9-6.

Can't say that its exactly Ali-Frazier, but that's pretty competitive.

video?????????????

I'm not sure if there were cameras out there. This was a two course A-tier in San Antonio they only came down for because of the points race. I did hear someone say something about video but it might only be the skins March or final round. I definitely didn't see any big camera equipment walking the course.

I'm not sure if there were cameras out there. This was a two course A-tier in San Antonio they only came down for because of the points race. I did hear someone say something about video but it might only be the skins March or final round. I definitely didn't see any big camera equipment walking the course.

ahhh thanks playa

2014 McBeth vs Wysocki record...

Date Tournament - Winner's Finish (bold if won tournament) - Loser's Finish (margin between). Series lead.

FEB 21-23 Gentlemen's Club Challenge - McBeth 2nd - Wysocki 5th (1 shot). McBeth 1-0
FEB 26-MAR 1 Memorial Championship - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 12th (11 shots). McBeth 2-0.
MAR 21-23 Texas State Championships - Wysocki 1st - McBeth 3rd (12 shots). McBeth 2-1.
MAR 29-30 Journey Post 1st Stop - Wysocki 1st - McBeth 3rd (1 shot). Tied 2-2.
APR 12-13 4 The Chains DG Open - Wysocki 1st - McBeth 2nd (5 shots). Wysocki 3-2.
MAY 2-4 Glass Blown Open - McBeth 2nd - Wysocki 8th (8 shots). Tied 3-3.
MAY 16-18 Masters Cup - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 2nd (2 shots). McBeth 4-3.
JUN 5-7 Japan Open - Wysocki 1st - McBeth 3rd (4 shots). Tied 4-4.
JUN 20-22 Kansas City Wide Open - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 2nd (7 shots). McBeth 5-4.
JUL 3-6 Maple Hill Open - Wysocki 2nd - McBeth 6th (8 shots). Tied 5-5.
JUL 17-20 European Masters - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 3rd (7 shots). McBeth 6-5.
AUG 12-16 PDGA Pro Worlds - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 2nd (sudden death). McBeth 7-5.
SEP 5-7 Pro Rochester Flying Disc Open - Wysocki 5th - McBeth 6th (4 shots). McBeth 7-6.
OCT 1-4 United States Disc Golf Championship - McBeth 2nd - Wysocki 43rd (28 shots). McBeth 8-6.
DEC 6-7 Twisted Flyer Cactus Classic - McBeth 1st - Wysocki 2nd (1 shot). McBeth 9-6.

Can't say that its exactly Ali-Frazier, but that's pretty competitive.

9-6 .. When McBeth finished higher, he beat Ricky by 66 throws an average of 7.3 winning margin. When Wysocki finished ahead, he won by an average of 5.6 throws. (note there is an event with a 28 stroke win for McBeth.

If you take that out McBeth averaged a 5.4 throw lead vs Ricky's 5.6 win over McBeth. Save for one event, they are pretty evenly matched.

I think it should be noted that McBeth beat him at:

The Memorial
Masters Cup
European Masters
Pro Worlds
USDGC

9-6 .. When McBeth finished higher, he beat Ricky by 66 throws an average of 7.3 winning margin. When Wysocki finished ahead, he won by an average of 5.6 throws. (note there is an event with a 28 stroke win for McBeth.

If you take that out McBeth averaged a 5.4 throw lead vs Ricky's 5.6 win over McBeth. Save for one event, they are pretty evenly matched.

What the heck happened to Wysocki at USDGC?

Is anybody familiar enough with the courses played to determine if certain styles of courses appear to give one of these guys a significant advantage over the other? Obviously like comparing Manning v Brady, but relatively speaking, everyone's got certain strengths and weaknesses that become more apparent on certain courses.

I watched the last round on Sunday. Some love should be given to Bradley Williams. He finished just two behind McBeth, and he matched McBeth and Wysocki shot for shot in the last round.

I watched the last round on Sunday. Some love should be given to Bradley Williams. He finished just two behind McBeth, and he matched McBeth and Wysocki shot for shot in the last round.

I wasn't trying to say McBeth and Wysocki were the only players playing well or in contention. It's just that Mcbeth vs. Wysocki is THE rivalry (as shown by the tournament results someone else posted) so I thought people would be interested in how the rivalry ended the year. Bradley was making monster drives just like the other two top guys, at least from what I saw during skins.

I wasn't trying to say McBeth and Wysocki were the only players playing well or in contention. It's just that Mcbeth vs. Wysocki is THE rivalry (as shown by the tournament results someone else posted) so I thought people would be interested in how the rivalry ended the year. Bradley was making monster drives just like the other two top guys, at least from what I saw during skins.

Yeah. I understand. I wasn't being critical. I just wanted to say something about Mr. Williams on a thread that was partially related to the tournament.

Carry on!

Is anybody familiar enough with the courses played to determine if certain styles of courses appear to give one of these guys a significant advantage over the other? Obviously like comparing Manning v Brady, but relatively speaking, everyone's got certain strengths and weaknesses that become more apparent on certain courses.

This is all my opinion; based on seeing both play online a ton and in person at USDGC.

Rick loves to throw really high hyzer flip drives. They have a ton of potential, but its a high risk reward proposition. When you flip discs over that high up in the air a lot of things, both good and bad, can happen. I think throwing that high in the air is a huge mistake on a course like Winthrop, and I think it has a lot to do with his struggles at USDGC. The amount of wind out their this year was a factor for sure as well. On the flip side, that style played very will for rick at the Japan Open this year. At the japan open the fairways are huge and the discs are light, so he could just chuck it up in the air and let it ride.

Paul takes the exact opposite approach off the tee most of the time. Paul's got a gun, but he uses his arm off the tee much differently then a lot of people. Generally speaking he throws much lower shots off the tee then guys like Rick, which means that he has a much easier time placing his drives where he wants. His approach is much more accurate and has less risk.

That's my 2 cents anyway

Latest posts