• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
Is there really a test run of McPro Thunderbirds coming out?

If so, I'd like to try that...

the dropped a few from the factory store, they called it a "dx test material" but everyone says it feels like mcpro

He took the Roc3 and made it a top seller, why not see if he can't do the same for the TB3?

I think the real appeal of the Roc3 is a production Roc, or very close, in champion plastic. Yes Paul's name on it surely helps sales a bit, but I know I would throw it with anyone's name on it. And since the Teebird already comes in champ, not a big upgrade.

wow I like where you're going with this.

Regular pro/xt outer rim with firm mcpro flight plate would probably be beastly.

Firm center and tacky/grippy outer plastic. I'd be interested.

Have you guys thrown a Nova? The flight plate already IS a much stiffer plastic than all the one piece XT discs. Probably just as stiff as mcpro plastic, but without stiff material in the rim providing structural support the disc as a whole flexes a little bit.

The Nova is an amazing disc as is, I would totally pick up a stack of 4Xs to cycle in for my broken in stack of f2s, XTs and pre-XTs.
I don't know why more people don't putt with Novas, maybe because it has a reputation as a great diving putter, so people just assume that conversely it must not be a great putting putter?

Have you guys thrown a Nova? The flight plate already IS a much stiffer plastic than all the one piece XT discs. Probably just as stiff as mcpro plastic, but without stiff material in the rim providing structural support the disc as a whole flexes a little bit.

Yes, I've thrown and own Novas. One type has what I think is R-Pro plastic in the flight plate, with an XT Overmold. But IIRC, there are XT Novas where XT is both parts. I like the R-Pro flight plates.

IMHO an even stiffer, fairly slick plastic (and I just described McPro plastic) with a grippier overmold would be super-awesome. I would also like a Star-flight-plate Nova, but I'm hearing that Star mix Atlases didn't do so well, so maybe someone with more knowledge on that can respond about it.

I still want Star Colts, McBeast sig or oderwise...

At this point it seriously HAS to be the Star Destroyer. Averey has ridden that gravy train far enough IMO (no disrespect meant).

The disc is the absolute workhorse of McBeth's bag. 95% of his big, impressive, drives are done with a Star Destroyer.

Give me a batch of swirly, McBeth 4x Star Destroyers and take my money Innova.

The Nova is an amazing disc as is, I would totally pick up a stack of 4Xs to cycle in for my broken in stack of f2s, XTs and pre-XTs.
I don't know why more people don't putt with Novas, maybe because it has a reputation as a great diving putter, so people just assume that conversely it must not be a great putting putter?

I actually Putt with Nova's, and yes they are perfect as they are. But I don't see the harm in adding an extra combo of different plastics, as long as they don't replace the current Nova which is perfect.

Just call it Nova 2.0

Paul's next sig disc should be a mash-up, Frankensteining a Nova and a Destroyer. Nova top with Destroyer rim or Destroyer top with Nova rim, either way is money. Call it the "Destrova" or "Nostroyer" or something. Laugh all the way to the bank.

At this point it seriously HAS to be the Star Destroyer. Averey has ridden that gravy train far enough IMO (no disrespect meant).

The disc is the absolute workhorse of McBeth's bag. 95% of his big, impressive, drives are done with a Star Destroyer.
Pretty much this.

And **** it.

If it isn't the star destroyer...

It should be the Fly-Dye McGroove.

Not only would he be trolling the entire 'serious' DG community... he'd be laughing all the way to the bank in the process.

I sincerely doubt Innova will take the Star Destroyer away from Avery. Has this ever happened with Innova? Meaning a chosen disc by a World Champion being handed to another World Champion?

Why couldn' t we just see Paul Mcbeth champion destroyers?
My short list is mcpro Thunderbird, star Thunderbird, mcpro Roc3

I sincerely doubt Innova will take the Star Destroyer away from Avery. Has this ever happened with Innova? Meaning a chosen disc by a World Champion being handed to another World Champion?

They could have both of their names on it i suppose

Its absolutely unprecedented. But 20ish years of history isn't exactly a long standing tradition.

Realistically, eventually Innova is going to have to start retiring sig discs in order to make room for new generations of pros. Now may not be that time, but it could be. It would also be fair to ask The Champ to retire one of his many signature discs, but Climo is still one of the best in the world in masters and is rated quite a bit higher then Avery, so realistically Avery would be farther down the pecking order.

It all really depends on how the licensing agreements are structured between the players and innova.

Besides, I think its kind of ridiculous to expect that 1 world championship entitles the player to a lifetime of royalty checks from innova. When you look at it that way, the question becomes not a matter of IF but when. Is it now? maybe, maybe not. Innova might get some bad press if they did it now considering Avery has a newborn son.

how about a NOVA3?

super flat, super shallow rim, same plastic, same overmold. I'd buy that just to see how it does.

Or, just keep making more Nova's, I'd buy that anyhow.

Hate to admit if they throw his name on any champ JL I would strongly consider it. My Roc3's are joined by the Thunderbirds to soon be joined by....