• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Mcpro aviar or p2

westdisc91

Bogey Member
Hey guys so looking into a new putter. I putt with a prime judge. Haven't been feeling the grip of it not tacky. Looking into getting either p2 from discmania or a mcpro aviar. Any side comparison?

Hey guys so looking into a new putter. I putt with a prime judge. Haven't been feeling the grip of it not tacky. Looking into getting either p2 from discmania or a mcpro aviar. Any side comparison?

I putt with the Classic Warden, and I've worked with McPro Aviars and P2s. Some considerations:

1. The McAviar might not be easy to get if supplies dwindle.
2. The McAviar is very slick fresh out of the box. The P-line P2 is slick, also, but the X-line P2 is more grippy.
3. Their flights are similar.

I prefer the P2. My main putting putters for many years were KC Aviars. I tried out McPro Aviars & P2s. I settled on the P2. My rating & putting percentage has gone up since the switch from KC Aviars to P-Line P2s. McPros tend to be a little straighter than P2s on long range putts. I like the little bit of extra stability from the P-Lines, especially in the wind. I'm a push putter so I like the stiffness of the P-Lines. P2s tend to have a little more fade than McPros. If you prefer a hard putter get a P-Line. If you want a softer putter get a D-line or X-Line. P2s are also great for driving. I have a few S-Lines & a C-Line. I always carry am S-Line in my bag for drives/approach shots.

I use a prime Marshall for my main putter right now. That said I use P-line p2s as a backup putters when I need a change of pace. I agree p-line is very slick out of the store. Haven't used them more than 2 months so haven't gotten them super dirty and beat yet. Has a great flight tho. Great for hyzer putting IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very similar putters but the p2 is easier to get your hands on usually. I prefer the p-line p2 and I don't mind using the d-line. Even though the d-line is a bit softer I think they interchange very well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I disagree that p-line p2 is easier to get.

The factory store and disc golf united have a ton of mcpros. P2s can be really tough to find at different points of the year.

Infinite discs too.

I also think they no longer make the x line p2 but maybe I'm mistaken.

Geez. Is there any place to get a max weight p line right now? This why I basically tried to move away from discmania. The shortages suck.

With DD or any trilogy putter if you are not liking the feel then try a different plastic. If you like the prime judge but think its too slick then try a classic or soft judge. If you are looking for something that is slightly stiff ans still tacky then I would suggest you find your local dealer and go feel up some wizards since their stiffness and grippiness change disc by disc. McPros sound like they are going to be too slick for what you want so maybe stay away from that and if you are going to go with the P2 then try a D-Line or X-line. I personally couldnt putt with anything trilogy related because imo their hard and prime plastics are too soft and tacky which is why I putt with KC.

May I suggest the Omega. Basically a small bead Aviar. Plenty of choices of plastic.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

May I suggest the Omega. Basically a small bead Aviar. Plenty of choices of plastic.

That's one disc I know nothing about. Can you give me a rundown of the plastic types?

I've only held one and it was super floppy.

Facebook auctions always seem to come through when I need a new p-line but maybe I'm just lucky

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's one disc I know nothing about. Can you give me a rundown of the plastic types?

I've only held one and it was super floppy.

Supersoft (SS) - likely the floppy one you held. Been in production for decades so there's tons of variance in the plastic feel and firnmess. Pre-1.26 are pre-R-Pro blend and command a premium
AP - Pro/driver Pro if you want a firmer plastic that's not on the Star/Champ level, this is it
Sirius (SOmega) - Star plastic
Quantum (QMega) - Champ plastic

I believe they've expanded their plastic options with XT and G* variants, but I don't know anything about them to speak towards them.

I used the McPro for a while. I like them a lot but as I started to find my natural putting style, the McPro got benched. I prefer something a bit grippier and a bit softer (the McPros will get a bit tackier over some time of a lot of use, but still fairly stiff). After trying a lot of putters, I ended up settling on the Legacy Hunter. Its beadless, not a deep rim, and very good grip. I putt with Gravity plastic. Protege is also good, very tacky, just stiffer. Something to maybe consider if the two you're looking at dont work out in the long run.

Supersoft (SS) - likely the floppy one you held. Been in production for decades so there's tons of variance in the plastic feel and firnmess. Pre-1.26 are pre-R-Pro blend and command a premium
AP - Pro/driver Pro if you want a firmer plastic that's not on the Star/Champ level, this is it

I believe they've expanded their plastic options with XT and G* variants, but I don't know anything about them to speak towards them.

So it's the old small bead aviar? I use the PandA. Any reason to try the Omega? I'm now curious.

Is there a G*Star?

The ET Omega is XT. There is a Lunar ET (glow XT blend) and a Lunar Supersoft. Delta-T is a stiffer blend (KC or McPro type).

So it's the old small bead aviar? I use the PandA. Any reason to try the Omega? I'm now curious.
Personally I greatly prefer beaded putters so that is why I prefer the Omega to the PnA. They have a good selection of blends of plastics (ranging from stiff to soft) and they seem to be available. The downside I could see is if you like DX. There is no Omega available in DX.

I am currently bagging an AP Big Bead as my approach disc and a Supersoft Big Bead as my putter.

I'm not an Innova employee, but I believe it is indeed the old Small Bead mold, yes. That's why, with the tremendous amounts of Aviar variants on the market today, there isn't a Small Bead. As for trying it, you'll see more stability from the PnA (similar to the other small bead putters like the Challenger and Voodoo). I think it's also more comfortable in hand than the PnA, but I've never really enjoyed any Aviar in hand.

If you're looking for a driving putter, the AP Big Bead would be my suggestion. It's somewhere between the original Omega and BB Aviars. Add in that it's run in Driver Pro, and you have one heck of a neutral, slightly overstable driver. Having just said I haven't really liked any Aviar, the APBB is the most comfy in my hand of any Aviar variant I've tried.

Having said all this, my experience with Omegas is rather limited so hopefully someone more well versed in them will go into better detail than I can.

Thanks guys. Thinking gonna go with p2 for my putting putter. Don't get my started on an approach putter lol I'm good ATM

Latest posts