• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Mcpro aviar or p2

I've thrown small beads for years, Omega is the same mold.

I've never been able to switch because they didn't have a stiff baseline.

Guess I'll have to try out those Deltas.

I'm going to throw the Warlock out there as a viable option, has a nearly identical shape of the Aviar P&A / McPro Aviar, is offered in the entire spectrum of baseline plastics and is a dime a dozen. Give Gateway a call with your preferred feel of plastic and they'll hook you up.

Last edited:
I'm going to throw the Warlock out there as a viable option, has a nearly identical shape of the Aviar P&A / McPro Aviar, is offered in the entire spectrum of baseline plastics and is a dime a dozen. Give Gateway a call with your preferred feel of plastic and they'll hook you up.

I have a gateway ss voodoo I use it for approach shots tho. Love the feel

I love my mcpros and have a lifetime supply, just buy them during the slow times. I have never paid more than retail and get enough for free shipping. They will be in stock all over from about June-October, then I bet they dry up again til the spring. That's what happened the last two years at least. I love the classic pna aviar as well. The stiffer ones start out almost the same as mcpro but break in much faster. I use those together for putting, approaches, and drives. I tried the d and p line p2, hated the d line, and the p line was that one time run in stiff KC pro so I couldn't get more. Then I found the swirly s-line and now carry that between the pna's/mcpros and rhynos. The P2 will backhand and flick on most lines but is more touchy than the rhyno, so it powers down much better. I can throw the same flick or backhand with each of the three and get US, straight, or OS flights.

Couldn't find a dedicated McPro Aviar thread. Just wanted to know if the McPro is as stiff as KC Pro. Looking at them as a possible replacement for my Pa1's which I find too OS.

Couldn't find a dedicated McPro Aviar thread. Just wanted to know if the McPro is as stiff as KC Pro. Looking at them as a possible replacement for my Pa1's which I find too OS.

Yes, McPros are as stiff as KC Pro, at least to me.

The newest run are not as stiff but are definitely slick. Early runs were board stiff like KC. Those dried up by about mid 2014.

The newest run are not as stiff but are definitely slick. Early runs were board stiff like KC. Those dried up by about mid 2014.

And I was just about to order a few. Doesn't sound worth the mark-up now. Main reason I was intrigued was in hopes that it was KC stiff.

So.....I ordered a few and they are awesome. These McPros are just as stiff as I remember KC's being. They seem a little less OS though and the nose isn't as blunt. Been going through putters trying to find the right one now that I've changed to a fan grip and these are working out. I don't find the plastic to be slick but it's definitely not tacky. Just comes out of the hand real clean and I don't get any wobble. I wonder if these will ever become a regular production? What does Paul have to do for this to happen? I mean the Yeti Aviar is regular production so come on.

So.....I ordered a few and they are awesome. These McPros are just as stiff as I remember KC's being. They seem a little less OS though and the nose isn't as blunt. Been going through putters trying to find the right one now that I've changed to a fan grip and these are working out. I don't find the plastic to be slick but it's definitely not tacky. Just comes out of the hand real clean and I don't get any wobble. I wonder if these will ever become a regular production? What does Paul have to do for this to happen? I mean the Yeti Aviar is regular production so come on.

Seems like the stock at the pro shop is lasting longer than in the past (touch wood), so maybe that will continue. I agree with you that it'd be good if McAviars had production runs...

Almost every tour series disc goes through the same process. First couple drops sell like wildfire, then they are always available later in the season.

Latest posts