• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] MD4

yeah, I have been digging the md4 since it came out. microbead and it just feels good. some say similar to the buzz.

I was debating on investing in the p line to replace my glow flat top kc's but just couldn't afford it now.

I did buy two of Simon's Glo md4 and they are impressive. Even got one signed from him when discmania was offering that option over the holidays. Super cool..

I loved the opto emac truth out of the box for my OS mid. However after just a few rounds it quickly lost its stability and became more of a neutral mid. Since then I have been looking for a mid with a similar flight and hand feel. Just ordered a C line MD4 and I'm hoping it will be similar in feel and flight to the emac truth but hold onto its stability longer.

Has anyone thrown a c-line with a puddle top? I just got one in the mail. I don't know if it is from the cold or what, but this thing definitely has a puddle top.

Has anyone thrown a c-line with a puddle top? I just got one in the mail. I don't know if it is from the cold or what, but this thing definitely has a puddle top.

Just got my first MD4 and it's puddle top as well. Since I've never thrown an MD4 before I don't really have anything to compare it to. Feels pretty nice for forehands though

I loved the opto emac truth out of the box for my OS mid. However after just a few rounds it quickly lost its stability and became more of a neutral mid. Since then I have been looking for a mid with a similar flight and hand feel. Just ordered a C line MD4 and I'm hoping it will be similar in feel and flight to the emac truth but hold onto its stability longer.

Verdict is pretty sweet. Great HSS but relatively mild fade, and pretty dang long for a mid. If that MD4 doesn't work out, might want to give the Verdict a try.

Second vote for Verdict, here. I've been beating up a Biofuzion Verdict for about 4 months (Bios always beat in fast), and it's now comparable to one of my fresh Emac Truths. A Verdict in a more durable plastic would take longer to get there but should eventually settle into fresh Emac range, too.

Are the MF C-line ones more or less OS than Glow C-Line Crescent Falcon one/two?

My MFs are more OS than my flat-top regular C-line (Bowling Green Am stamp). The latter flies just like a buzzz or MD3.

So a C-Line (metal flake, regular c or glow C) is different enough from a Glo Z Buzzz? Definitely more OS?

So a C-Line (metal flake, regular c or glow C) is different enough from a Glo Z Buzzz? Definitely more OS?

The most stable BUZZZes i have is the Nate Doss TI -> 180g Glow -> CryZtal GT

And my MD4s ( MF and Simon Glow 1/2 ) are more OS, but not by much. . .i sometimes feel i dont need to bag the MD4 but i still do

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in this mold. Not a bad disc, but not what I was hoping it would be. I wanted that coveted "between a roc and gator" flight but it honestly flew very straight to fade, similar to a fresh roc or md3. I recently put a Buzzz OS in this slot and I'm very happy with it so far. Overstable with glide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far my P-MD4s are pretty sweet. Start off like a fresh C-MD3 and it doesn't seem to be beating in super fast. Might buy more this year if it continues to beat in slowly. The feel of the plastic still leaves a little to be desired, but I'm hoping that changes as it beats in. Stark contrast to the P-MD3 that became flippy after the first round.

So far my P-MD4s are pretty sweet. Start off like a fresh C-MD3 and it doesn't seem to be beating in super fast. Might buy more this year if it continues to beat in slowly. The feel of the plastic still leaves a little to be desired, but I'm hoping that changes as it beats in. Stark contrast to the P-MD3 that became flippy after the first round.

Someone earlier said to get to the store. Mine are slick also, but some seem to have way more grip, for no explainable reason. Hopefully you can get lucky and find a couple.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in this mold. Not a bad disc, but not what I was hoping it would be. I wanted that coveted "between a roc and gator" flight but it honestly flew very straight to fade, similar to a fresh roc or md3. I recently put a Buzzz OS in this slot and I'm very happy with it so far. Overstable with glide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I'd say the EXACT same thing. I threw an MD4 for the first time today. I plugged it into the bag for a tryout round thinking it was going to be pretty overstable. In the hand the MD4 feels exactly like a Gator, and the -3 fade had my attention.

It didn't fade. At all. If anything it felt like I had another (clunkier) Roc3 in the bag. I'd throw the MD4 hard and flat and it would bend right and stay there. I was pretty disappointed. I was expecting a big hook at the end of a straight flight with no high speed turn.

This is probably not a mid I'd ever throw again. I didn't really like the hand feel of it and the disc had an inconsistent, sluggish flight. None of the finesse of the Roc3. I don't feel like the flight numbers are right. The MD4 had some high speed turn and very little late fade. I'd put mine at 4, 4, -1, 1. Weird numbers.

Last edited:
I own several in c line and have not experienced this. Would love to know the difference because the one I've been throwing seems to not be losing any low speed fade. I only have Max weight and they are all 2 ish years old. P line is a different disc all together. Laser straight