• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Micro-Fiber Towels

discspeed said:
Microfibre? It sounds like its Canadian or from the UK with that spelling of "fibre"

Yeah, those damn Brits need to learn how to speak English!! :roll: :lol:

I never knew picking out a towel was worthy of arguments :lol:

I bought a pack of micro fibers from walmart years ago and I rotate them. If its wet or rainy I bring a couple more. When Its dry I still carry a couple just in case I need a napkin or kleenex.

I've never used one, but shamwow knockoffs can be found at dollar stores.

mzuleger said:
Frank Delicious said:
Shamwow is the way to go.
yeah, if you want the most overrated, overpriced towel ever.

Can I get your opinion on the big city slider? I think I could just make smaller burgers myself but it looks so complicated. And then the cleaning!
big-city-slider.jpg

jsun3thousand said:
mzuleger said:
Frank Delicious said:
Shamwow is the way to go.
yeah, if you want the most overrated, overpriced towel ever.

Can I get your opinion on the big city slider? I think I could just make smaller burgers myself but it looks so complicated. And then the cleaning!
big-city-slider.jpg

Sliders sound kinda nasty. Mini burgers sound tasty.

I've never in my life been to a store and seen "mini burger buns." So I never got this. Just go to Krystals (South eastern) Or White Castle.

Lithicon said:
I've never in my life been to a store and seen "mini burger buns." So I never got this. Just go to Krystals (South eastern) Or White Castle.

Maybe dinner rolls or something like that would be used.

I went to Sams Club over the weekend and got 25 microfiber towels for 10$ ... These things work so well too.

Trey133 said:
Hoey said:
just avoid dropping them, as they are magnets for anything small and clingy.

Email [email protected]

He's got a great towel that doesn't pick up leaves and other garbage. It will also handle a freaking monsoon before it gets noticeably wet.

Can anybody that uses these towels comment as to their quality? Are they really that absorbant? Do they really not pick up debris from the ground? Are they worth it over a 5 pack of generic walmart micro fiber towels?

I picked up a couple. I can't seem to find anything that really soaks up moisture. I have a couple shamwow knockoffs and they work okay. A dish towel probably works the best, but then it holds that moisture too, so it's not good for long. I tried an innova micro-fiber town (I have 3) and they picked up so much crap and didn't work that well, so I don't use them.

The two I just picked up from Scientific don't feel the same as the others. They feel soft and have a patch sewn in one corner. They look to be good quality, albeit made in china, and I don't think they'll pick up junk like the others. How much they soak up and how much water they retain is yet to be determined.

Actual Chamois leather is the absolute best thing I've found to take moisture off a disc over and over again all round. It's not cheap, but it actually works.

black udder said:
I picked up a couple. I can't seem to find anything that really soaks up moisture. I have a couple shamwow knockoffs and they work okay. A dish towel probably works the best, but then it holds that moisture too, so it's not good for long. I tried an innova micro-fiber town (I have 3) and they picked up so much crap and didn't work that well, so I don't use them.

The two I just picked up from Scientific don't feel the same as the others. They feel soft and have a patch sewn in one corner. They look to be good quality, albeit made in china, and I don't think they'll pick up junk like the others. How much they soak up and how much water they retain is yet to be determined.

Well... Go wet your discs and dry them off!

emiller3 said:
Yeah, I'm just not digging the loose towel thing. I put some extra discs in my Chimp's big pocket for practicing, so there's really nowhere to put the towel. It falls out of the bigger mesh pocket.

Anybody bought the towels cheaper and done an easy mod to clip them to your bag? I'm not very handy that way, so I stress easy. I'm thinking just safety pins.

I use a fade crunch that has a towel clip. I just folded my towel up in 1/4 it's normal size, then poked a hole in it with a knife. Not fancy, but I'm not too worried about a 50 cent microfiber towel. Worked great today in the rain Ohio weather!

I use whatever brand Sam's club sells bulk packs of, can't think of the name. They pick up leaves etc. so I sometimes stuff the loose part into the putter pouch or gear pouch.

Got my towels in today. They seem to absorb fine, I ran them under water and dried off a disc freshly soaked 6 times before they stopped absorbing. That was just one spot on the towel, though. My wife tells me they'll possibly absorb more after they get washed.

They don't cling to stuff, I went and rubbed them in the dead grass, which clings to everything, and I was impressed.

Time will tell, but that's my initial impression.

picked up an 8-pack for $5 at wally world, that's 63 cents a piece.

Latest posts