• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

I need something not as OS as the new Avery Destroyers with the overlapping y and j. Should I try Sirus or Q?

I haven't thrown my flat Q yet, but I recommend a bottom stamp sirius Scorpius. I have several sirius Scorpius, and my favorite is the new run of the bottom stamps. You can tell them apart from the first run because they are flatter and the plastic is softer. These Scorpius are still overstable, but they have great glide and as they break in they will only fly further and further... Really any Scorpius that isn't a flat Zero-G is :thmbup: from what I've seen.

I got really disappointed when I ordered a few bottom stamps and they were the new ones. Don't get me wrong, they are still great but they are not the old pop toppy wind fighting bombers that the old ones were. They fly almost exactly like regular stamp 1.1s.

I got really disappointed when I ordered a few bottom stamps and they were the new ones. Don't get me wrong, they are still great but they are not the old pop toppy wind fighting bombers that the old ones were. They fly almost exactly like regular stamp 1.1s.

This worries me a bit. I have 2 in the mail and ordered thinking they would be a consistently overstable detroyerish disc that fought wind. Guess I'll find out soon!

I have a couple 160's First Runs with big pop tops.

Great OS Destroyer like option if you can find them.

Oh no. There is a second run of bottom stamped scorpius out there?

Actually there has always been two runs of the bottom stamps. You have the ones marked SSC which have a more of a slanted nose, think destrulcan, and you have the ones marked SSRP which have a more bulbous nose, think PD2. In my experience the SSC's were more stable and the SSRP's are more like ESDS's.In fact I've laid an ESDS and an SSRP next to each other and they are almost identical with the rim being slightly deeper on the Scorpius.

I would agree that the new bottom stamps are similar to the 1.1. The plastic feels a little nicer though imo.

Actually there has always been two runs of the bottom stamps. You have the ones marked SSC which have a more of a slanted nose, think destrulcan, and you have the ones marked SSRP which have a more bulbous nose, think PD2. In my experience the SSC's were more stable and the SSRP's are more like ESDS's.In fact I've laid an ESDS and an SSRP next to each other and they are almost identical with the rim being slightly deeper on the Scorpius.

Really? I have most runs of the Sirius Scorpius and for me the SSRP are far and away the most HSS and the best wind fighters. With their big pop top and PD2ish nose they are more than a bit more OS than the SSCs or the S-SRPs.

I've never owned a Destroyer as I've heard it's not so consistent mold. If the Scorpius is pretty much like a Destroyer but it's a little different mold, maybe it would be easier to find the ones I like.

If you order a first run (1.1) Sirius Scorpius that is a very good indication of what the mold is like. It's my favorite distance driver and for all intents and purposes it is a Destroyer. A good Destroyer.

I've only thrown the new run of bottom stamps and they fly very similarly to 1.1s. Unfortunately I don't think any two runs of discs are ever exactly the same.

Really? I have most runs of the Sirius Scorpius and for me the SSRP are far and away the most HSS and the best wind fighters. With their big pop top and PD2ish nose they are more than a bit more OS than the SSCs or the S-SRPs.

It's funny cause I have a few of the SSRPs and they are great wind fighters but I also have some SSC's that are mad stable. All about the PLH I guess.

It's funny cause I have a few of the SSRPs and they are great wind fighters but I also have some SSC's that are mad stable. All about the PLH I guess.

Good to know! If I can feel some up in person I'll definitely be comparing them to my SSRPs.

In other news the people at the Millennium store are awesomely helpful if you email them. Last week, in my quest for more SSRPs, I emailed them and have had a great correspondence with a guy named Alex over there. He has helped me find some discs I've had a lot of trouble finding and has gone way out of his way to help me find exactly the discs I want.

He told me that some of the new bottom stamps they are running are nice and poppy like the SSRPs I love so dearly so I'm looking forward to seeing some of those whenever they make their way out.

Good to know! If I can feel some up in person I'll definitely be comparing them to my SSRPs.

In other news the people at the Millennium store are awesomely helpful if you email them. Last week, in my quest for more SSRPs, I emailed them and have had a great correspondence with a guy named Alex over there. He has helped me find some discs I've had a lot of trouble finding and has gone way out of his way to help me find exactly the discs I want.

He told me that some of the new bottom stamps they are running are nice and poppy like the SSRPs I love so dearly so I'm looking forward to seeing some of those whenever they make their way out.

To me the Bottom Stamped Scorpius either SSC's or SSRP's are the most underrated distance drivers on the market. Everyone wants a "good destroyer" well guess what this disc is that disc every time and the plastic feels like butter!

To me the Bottom Stamped Scorpius either SSC's or SSRP's are the most underrated distance drivers on the market. Everyone wants a "good destroyer" well guess what this disc is that disc every time and the plastic feels like butter!

Agreed. I got to play the first round with a couple new ones this week. I love my seasoned *DS for long, but stable bombs and pro for less stable. My dilemma was finding a consistently over stable, straight to fade, wind fighter in the *Destroyer mold. They were just too inconsistent. Looks like I'll be filling the spot with the Scorpius for the foreseeable future!

Agreed. I got to play the first round with a couple new ones this week. I love my seasoned *DS for long, but stable bombs and pro for less stable. My dilemma was finding a consistently over stable, straight to fade, wind fighter in the *Destroyer mold. They were just too inconsistent. Looks like I'll be filling the spot with the Scorpius for the foreseeable future!

Are we the same person? I just looked at your lineup in your sig and I'm throwing all of the same stuff if you take out the Mako3 and switch McPros for BBs. I'm really loving FDs and PDs along with my Scorpius. Such a good lineup.

Latest posts