• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota/Wisconsin or Michigan/Indiana in September?

My foot is broken, I won't be able to throw or zip line. You're still welcome to stop by and check out my course, and if you need a place to stay, I've got plenty of room

This kinda became a silly question after I listed the courses I intend to play in each area. It clearly seems that MN/WI beats MI/IN, but I figured I'd throw it out there in hope of getting opinions from those that have played in both states. So, which trip would you recommend for me to take this fall? Anything missing from either list?

MN/WI courses:
Highbridge
Mont du Lac
Blue Ribbon Pines
Bryant Lake
Justin Trails
Rollin Ridge
Winter Park

MI/IN courses:
Lemon Lake
Rodgers-lakewood
Flip City
Leviathan
Hickory hills
Shore Acres
Oshtemo

Meyer-Broadway in Three Rivers, MI.
Robert Morris
Mason County Courses - Beauty, Beast & Goliath
Branstrom Park
Whiskey Hills DGC (new course - no ratings yet)
Carly's Playground
Miles Kimmerly

There are more but those are the ones that came to mind that are close to the others you listed. Not real familiar with MN/WI courses though.

I highly recommend playing kaposia, it is one of the most historic courses in our state outside of a couple ones that are even older. Doubt there have been more meaningful events at any course in our states history than kaposia. Pure woods golf, there is no doubt it is the best course in the metro. Brp and Bryant lake are fun courses but mainly are so highly rated on looks more than actual golf, I would hit the valley up less than 3 miles from KP on the same road.

I highly recommend playing kaposia, it is one of the most historic courses in our state outside of a couple ones that are even older. Doubt there have been more meaningful events at any course in our states history than kaposia. Pure woods golf, there is no doubt it is the best course in the metro. Brp and Bryant lake are fun courses but mainly are so highly rated on looks more than actual golf, I would hit the valley up less than 3 miles from KP on the same road.

This is the troof.

Kaposia used to be my home course and I miss it every. single. day.

BRP is a step above Bryant in difficulty. Yes Kaposia is the most difficult of the 3 but to lump BRP and Bryant together doesn't really make sense to me. I never thought BRP was a great "looking" course, it's just damn good.

The trip is going great. The weather has been cooperative and I've played a lot of good golf. I aced #9 at Highbridge-Blueberry today! and my putting is back on track. Wasn't overly impressed with any course until I got to Highbridge. Can't wait to get back there tomorrow to play Gold and Granite.

played so far: Heistand, Justin trails (classic and big brother), Bryant, kaposia, Hansen, BRP, HB-blueberry

The trip is going great. The weather has been cooperative and I've played a lot of good golf. I aced #9 at Highbridge-Blueberry today! and my putting is back on track. Wasn't overly impressed with any course until I got to Highbridge. Can't wait to get back there tomorrow to play Gold and Granite.

played so far: Heistand, Justin trails (classic and big brother), Bryant, kaposia, Hansen, BRP, HB-blueberry

Glad you're having fun, but seriously, you weren't impressed with Big Brother, Kaposia, or BRP??

I'd love to see your scorecards on those courses.

why does my score matter?

big brother has great scenery but it has design flaws and could be improved
kaposia was better than Bryant but it wasn't epic. Bryant seemed like chip and putt.
if BRP had elevation changes it would be superb.

Bryant's overrated because of the manicuring. Nice to see you stopped at my sanctuary on your trip. Hope you liked it for being different

You should have stopped at The Brickyard in Menomonie. Only a 9 holer but two tees and two pin locations. They pack so much into such a small area. I should mention I went to school at UW-Stout and this was my home course for five years but still a great course.

Unless the brickyard has had some serious work done recently, it is severely overgrown, pretty much unplayable. Give it another 2 months, it won't be bad.

forgot to mention that I saw a guy playing BRP from a motorized wheelchair, which backs up my feeling that the course should not be in the top ten. Sorry, but no top level course should be ADA accessible.

forgot to mention that I saw a guy playing BRP from a motorized wheelchair, which backs up my feeling that the course should not be in the top ten. Sorry, but no top level course should be ADA accessible.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

oh no, I might offend someone

Clearly all of the courses you have played are mentally-handicapped friendly so it doesn't seem like a valid criticism.

I wasn't putting down or making fun of physically handicapped people. He was the first wheelchair-bound person I've seen playing dg and I was impressed. Attack me if you want, I don't give a crap what you think.

i saw that homie there when i was there on sunday too