• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More international stars in Finland Tali Open 2009

Juha, I'm very sorry to hear this. My wishes are that you recover soon and heal well.

For now rest assured that your videos from Tali Open and European Open has lifted the standard for discgolf movies. Great movies, thanks!

Finally good news: They changed my cast and removed stitches. All ok. previous cast were too tight. X -rays are fine and i can start recovering my hand. I'll do European Open 2009 distance competition and then i'll take a break from editing. Hope these videos gives you motivation and inspiration on disc golf courses :mrgreen: .
-juha

Glad to hear this lcgm8! Sounds like your recovery is moving in the right direction. I've been watching your videos quite a bit lately, and I'm still very impressed and thankful of all your hard work!

Top shelf video production! Really blows everything I've seen from Stateside out of the water, I'm looking forward to any future footage you all put together.
Juha, glad your recovery is well on track and hope its a speedy one. Keep up the great work.

Thx a ton for all the work you put into those productions. Ive really enjoyed seeing it.

Nice drive that Feldberg had on 17 in presidents cup vid. Any idea of distance?

rehder said:
Nice drive that Feldberg had on 17 in presidents cup vid. Any idea of distance?

Thanks.
Yeah, that was a great shot. Maybe 460 - 490 ft? He almost got eagle there. JR filmed it, but it was a bit shaky and small cam pic.

The last three pieces of the President's Cup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m6sd0PPLl8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxsy2HEe_k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l64-O6t9s_c

I think those two far away shots from hole 17 second shots were with my backup camera? Juha was the resolution VGA? If it was then it was a Canon Powershot A570IS. If it was 720p then it was Casio EX-F1. Whichever it was I filmed the clips without any support standing up. Shakyness without real hardware anti shake doesn't allow for steadier vids. I wasn't supposed to film those shots but I noticed a good video opportunity and knew that Juha couldn't capture everything of the flight. So I made a snap decision and yanked the first available quickly operating camera and pressed record on default settings. It probably was the Canon pocket cam that has a poor sensor anti shake function. No joy at those zoom levels. Don't worry I'm way upgraded for this year already for both main and backup cams :-D

EO players guide lists hole 17 as par 4 171 meters but I don't know how it was measured. I think either along the center of the fairway past the flag pole mando on the left side in the corner then from there to the basket. It could've been tee to the flag pole then to the basket as well. Dave threw a much higher longer and to the left into the birches almost at tree top level hitting drive at the EO finals a couple of days later. The best drive on that hole I saw last year. Truly nasty sicktastic. Truly killer -that man has a rocket for an arm. The EO finals shot was a very high hyzer over 500'. The one here is probably 450'-470'.

If the slo mo vids seem odd it is because the original vids are 4:3 at a low resolution of 512x384 at 300 FPS. The resolution doesn't fare ell zoomed so a split screen of two shots ain't as nice to the eye as four. Four simultaneous vids is sensory overload though if one wants to analyze form. Don't know a good compromise that doesn't include hauling a laptop and a serious high speed camera costing way more than the trips abroad for entire crew to several events probably a whole season. Plus having the players waiting for the vid to be saved for a minute or two. The technology isn't there yet nor are the prices and certainly the sales covering for the costs.

Those wanting to compare Swedish style variations to American style are in for a treat. Enjoy!

The event was downgraded to a B tier for '09. Everyone was happy to receive world champs and expose the largest DG playing population of Finland to them. I think everyone realized that US players were there to enjoy themselves and keep themselves busy and practicing before the real reason they came to Finland. President's Cup and the EO one week later. This was a fairly relaxed event. It's not like there was a lot of money at stake or anything.

After party time! It was drizzling and the ground was soft and moist. Next morning the ground was very wet and I touched the hay bales with my longest throw. Glad I wasn't in the competition to ruin team internationals score :) I don't recall exactly how long it was to the circle. Maybe 400' to the pin and about 17' shorter to the hay bale ring.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/1KSmCjlG0wY

JR said:
The event was downgraded to a B tier for '09. Everyone was happy to receive world champs and expose the largest DG playing population of Finland to them. I think everyone realized that US players were there to enjoy themselves and keep themselves busy and practicing before the real reason they came to Finland. President's Cup and the EO one week later. This was a fairly relaxed event. It's not like there was a lot of money at stake or anything.

Yep, that's how it was. US stars were really fun to work with. I didn't see much serious faces :mrgreen: .

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/wA9ClIAzolU

Information overflow now in mosaic and psychedelic colors.

If I had to guess about the effects they're probably there to protect the identity or sensitivity of the players and spectators involved from whom we had not asked permission to publish. We don't have contacts to each of them.

Latest posts