• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Most Irreplaceable Disc in Your Bag

My go-to Firebird is a beat CE that's been in my bag since 2006 or so. Honestly it doesn't fly that differently than a slightly beat color glow Firebird or maybe a Raptor, but there's something special about a disc that you've been throwing for almost 15 years.

I don't baby it or really protect it. I've lost it at least twice and had it returned.

I've only written "$ Reward" on the bottom of two discs, as I'd really want them back if lost. Star Teebird and a JK Aviar that are a matching orange and are just perfection.

I have a BT soft Harp that I use for about 95% of my approach shots. It's been in the bag for three years and I affectionately call it the flying taco because it's so beat up and warped.

If I were to somehow lose it I'd happily pay the finder twenty or thirty bucks to get it back.

I just lost the chewed up Soft Harp that had been in my bag the last two years. Ugliest disc I've ever owned, but I still feel lost without it.

Most irreplaceable for me is a 167 X-Out Moonshine River that's been in my bag the last 3 years. Flippy and glidey as hell. I don't have much of a distance forehand, but I can release this on a hyzer and get late turn, James Conrad-style. I once lost it on a temp course for six months, and was lost without it. It turned up in the lost and found when they had another tournament later that year, and it's been in my bag ever since.

I've got a 400 M2 I've had in the bag for about 3 year with a sharpied on Radiohead bear.

In the first half a year throwing it, it got right into that sweet spot where it gained like 20 ft, kept all the HSS and lost just a little bit of the fade, but not a lot. And it's held in that sweet spot for the last 2.5 years miraculously, I'd be lost on tunnel shots without it.

A beat up Z Predator. I bagged an ace with it in 2010 and it was a few years old then.

Z plastic is almost indestructible, and takes SOOOOOOOOOOO long to really beat in. I can use this predator for most overstable duties still, but flies quite a big straighter than when new. I don't think it's changed much in the last 5-6 years though. I dread losing it, but I think it flies similar enough to a 1R Undertaker, overstable Vulture or a Raptor where I could replace it. It's by far my favorite control driver I've carried.

Nothing else in the bag comes to mind as not being able to replace.

Found an old Sandstrom Valk at the used rack in the DD store that has a Corn stalk sharpied on the back that is referred as "Corn Valk".
Probably my favorite disc I'vei ever owned, extremely flippy but throws the best turnover drives ever. I don't have anything that has even a remotely close flight to that one.

I try to not grow too much attachment to discs. If I had to pick one it would probably be a pink lucid pre Sweden truth. It's in the bag as the US mid, but I have a couple others that could take its place. I'll also be sad if I get through my small stack of FR Z Undertakers. Like previously stated, though, Z in bullet proof.

Otherwise I try to throw mostly stock.

I play so many travel rounds with a 4-5 disc bag that I have gotten fairly flexible on certain things. Having said that my beat up concave Stego is completely unique even among Stegos and it would be hard to play some courses without it now that I've acclimated.

Nothing is "irreplaceable," but there are discs at the worn end of my cycles that are very dear, and would take some grieving to get past. Mostly rocs, a proto D1, and some Firebirds.

I've swapped my entire bag with fresh plastic a few times now...but I guess my Blowflys or Gumbputts. They don't run those a lot and the color selection...well, there isn't one.

You can replace anything, they are just golf discs. I have a Star Ontario Roc that I take out of the bag when I travel because I have one and I don't want to lose it, but if I lost it I could replace it with a stock Z Comet fairly easily.

My JB Zone is the only discs I cannot replace right away with a similar disc from my stack that plays just as good, but only because I haven't bought another JB Zone yet. (I have a more overstable Zone, tough.)

Most difficult to replace as a disc, not as a spot in my bag, is a flat-top old flight numbers (3/2/0/3) D P3. It's the oldest of my D P3s and still the most HSS. But I can cover the same spot right away with a newer P3. (P3s are OOP thus I might switch to Ringer/Breaker or such when all the P3s I have have lost their HSS.)

I like the discs in my bag but they aren't crucial to my game as individuals.

Last edited:
Mine would be my beat in proton insanity. It's a stock disc, but seasoned dead straight. Ever try to season MVP proton plastic? It takes FOREVER. I think it's been thrown off the tee on nearly every 280'+ hole on every round the last few years. I could probably replace it easy enough, but it's rather special to me, too.

My Discmania S-Line TD2 (150g). It flies super straight and far with a short fade at the end. Also not the slightest bit finicky for an understable disc. Sadly Discmania discontinued the TD2, so if I lose it, it's gone forever. I have lots of different discs but none of them would be quite the same.

Beat R-Pro Pig that has an unusual amount of glide and my beat s-line cd2 (flat) that can do anything I want it to. I have backups, but I would shed a tear if I lost either of those.