• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Most Irreplaceable Disc in Your Bag

2008 Ace Race disc the Nebula. Beat to snot, perfect straight mid. I've already lost or broken two of it's backups recently. Hoping the Malta gets beaten into a reasonable facsimile.

2008 Ace Race disc the Nebula. Beat to snot, perfect straight mid. I've already lost or broken two of it's backups recently. Hoping the Malta gets beaten into a reasonable facsimile.

Lol. I can't throw mine straight, and that's what I like about it.

I use Buzzz for straight.
Nebula for the moderately OS slot.
Drone for the beefy slot.

Impact's are oop and nothing else flies like this mold. The discs are harder to find as only 2 specific weights seemed to work the 170-172 grams and the 173-174 gram as the others are either too light or too heavy to throw and get the flight path that Discraft was showing for the disc. The closest is the Wombat 3 but it is definitely slower as a true midrange unlike the Impact so the mold would be different in distance where an Impact also helps more for the odd distance of too far with a fairway driver and too short for a midrange. Most of the other discs could be replaced with other discs.

Other would be the Valkyrie though I could use other Valkyrie other then mine. I have yet to find a mold that feels like a Valkyrie or flies like a Valkyrie. There are close molds but they do not fly like a Valkyrie.

If I could not use other discs in my bag there is others I can substitute for that disc to have a similar flight and have a similar feel to the disc. The Magnet/Titanic is a close third but there are other putting putters I could use that would work and not be odd for me. Worst case I use max weight DX Shark beat so they fly neutral but even not using that mold, I can find actual putters that would work for me but are not the traditional Aviar shaped wing edge. Somehow the Avair like putters do not work for me though the lower profile Avair or the XD type of disc does.

I probably wrote about this disc in here before...but it was a pfn star teebird that was so beat in it would fly straight on 50% power. It would turnover beautifully thrown hard. It was in my bag for 8 years. It exploded a couple weeks ago. Anyone got a nice beat in bright yellow s line fd?

I've got a couple I'd certainly hate to lose but the one that I might shed a tear for is an old pearly 11x KC Pro teebird. She's been with me for over a decade and probably once weighed around 170 prior to the hundreds maybe even thousand of throws. The stamp is completely gone so after I throw it people always ask what it is and my answer is always the same.....pure money baby.

Seasoned champion wraith. It's my bomber that goes dead strait for days with a reliable fade... Took a good while to get it to the sweet spot.

I really tried to come up with something, but I apparently don't have any sort of special feelings for any individual disc that I throw.

Maybe it's because I gobbled up backups for my backup's backups once I found a mold I really liked and used a lot.

11x champ teebird for dead straight and any and all other shots besides long over stable forehand.

Also my star sidewinder for longer dead straights.

Lol. I can't throw mine straight, and that's what I like about it.

I use Buzzz for straight.
Nebula for the moderately OS slot.
Drone for the beefy slot.

I thought the 150 Storm was for the beefy slot. :|

Definitely the Wizard, never been great off the tee, putting has always been the best part of my game and I've snagged more putts with them than any others I had owned previously (Aviar PnA, JK Aviar, Rhyno, Dart, Magnet, and Ion), plus they have so many plastic options

K1 Kaxe w/ 2 years of beat-in. Which is like many other premium plastics after half a season.. so I don't want to start over. It's super dependable BH or FH, just a true workhorse for me beyond driving putter range.

Not a specific disc, but in general, the Zone is irreplaceable. I've tried Harps, Pigs, Rats, AviarX3. None on them were what I have come to depend on.

domey proton volt ive had for 3 years. nothing ive tried across many brands have that HSS and little lss and still doesnt flip from headwind.

Deep Lilac colored 168g Plasma Volt. It is my least affected driver by the wind and I cannot find abother Plaz Volt in the 160s.

Luckily, rich purple tones are easy to find in the woods but I never throw it over water.