• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

Whippets

While it gets some board love, I still get scuffs and 'whys?' when I pull it out at tourneys for all of my open/hyzer shots under 280'. Yet I still end up within 20' more often than not regardless of what the wind is doing.

Whippet-X > Drone/Gator

Also +1. Whippet is my favorite disc hands down.

I love DX Cobras. I carry at least two in my bag, one that is pretty beat up and one that is pretty new. I trust my Cobras more than any other disc in my bag. I can tell the moment I release them if I'm going to get close to the shot I want.

Cobras in general are underrated if you ask me. I've tried to get away from them, but every time I end of trying Cobra's again and having solid results.

After all, both my aces have come with Cobras.

Lightning discs in general, more specifically the Helix #1. I kinda think of it like a baby t-bird.

DX Archangel. If Innova only made it in Star.... If you throw it with the right tailwind, it will not land for approx. 6 days.

That is a disc I never could get any use out of. Kept trying it out but never found it useful for me. When do you use it? as a roller?

esp cyclone, i have only ran into one dude that throws one, and it was like people who own corvettes in a room of hybrid owners, i hear they are praised across the pond in Michigan tho, but here they dont get love

That is a disc I never could get any use out of. Kept trying it out but never found it useful for me. When do you use it? as a roller?

Nah, I can't throw rollers to save my life. But to answer your question, I don't use an AA for anything because I no longer have one. I don't know what it is about DX plastic, but I can't stand it. When I did have an AA, I used it for super long annies with no fade back.

DX Stingray....
Has got to be the most versatile disc in my bag...

Throw it easy and flat... and you get a nice long 200' slow turner
easy on a low hyzer and it turns up and flys wonderfully straight with a tiny fade at the end.
Crush it on an extreme high hyzer and it'll bomb over 300+ (s shot)
Rip it high and flat and it'll soar into a huge roller...

IMO the one "Beginner" disc with the most "Pro" abilities.

Also +1. Whippet is my favorite disc hands down.

I have loved the whippet as second only to my aviar in importance in my bag, but I am presently trying out the gator because I find the dx whippet beats in so very quickly that it becomes too straight. I refuse to be addicted to champ whippets, but maybe if the factory store gets off its butt and produces a run of them, i might jump on board. I'm waiting for the Texas winds to kick back up vefore make the final call.

I'm a huge fan of the Glide. Great hyzer-flipper, but it will also keep dead straight lines, be they straight, hyzer, annhyzer, etc. The disc requires very little power to huck it a long ways, too.

Most underrated molds that I throw are the two mainstays in my bag by DGA. The Rogue and Aftershock. Couldn't play a round without them!

Have to agree that Lightning discs in general seem to be the Rodney Dangerfield of DG. I have a #2 Flyer that I like for medium range right turns.

Viking, Duh.

BTW, why the F dont they make a star viking. Innova has made every disc they make in star, why not the vike?

I have to say Viking as well. I got a 166g Champ Viking in a tourney payout and gave it a try. It quickly made the bag and is very long. Lots of glide and doesn't need a whole lot of room to work.

I don't see much love for it on this board or on the course. Its like it doesn't exist.

Latest posts