• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

I can't think of a specific mold, but I do know that a lot of discs in DX plastic get less praise than they deserve.

Champ Panther. Not sure where you're from but around the west michigan lakeshore I never see anyone throwing it but me. Love it! :thmbup:

i too really like mine and a lot of veteran players are confused as to what it is when they see it. has become my favorite mid disc as of late, can wrap it around a group of trees and back around up to 250+ feet out.

Aurora MS. Arguably the best if not one of the best, truest flying mids around.

^ Damn, I had my money on you saying Nebula. Although I guess that's in more of the "cult classics" section since it didn't make production but has a huge following now. I've got one I rarely use that might make it up for sale...

Discraft XL in all plastics
All you hear is teebird eagle leopard, not that those aren't great disc, but the XL is one of the farthest flying discs ever made, and for me I can throw it just as far as most of my non warp speed drivers, the xl can finish straight, hyzers, anhyzers, hyzerflips, rollers and late right turning shots in the woods, try one!

Baseline plastic prodiscus respecti. No one has one. Absolutely love mine. Threw it in a raging creek and lost my first one. Can't believe how bad my game suffered until I got a new one.

XD. A classic disc without a current following. Both champ and dx ones are great, even though they are totally different discs.

As a second entry I say Mako. I just recently got one and it is my most thrown disc now.

Star Coyote...my favorite long approach disc...has ability to shape slow lines
Doesnt get much love but its a great disc for me

How would you say a Champ and DX XD differ?

Champ XD's aren't really flippy, you can throw them pretty hard and they will hold that angle with some fade. DX ones can be very finicky but glide really well if thrown with care. The DX ones have the uncanny ability to go far with glide and never fade an inch.

I love my champ banshees... like a firebird for my noob arm!

I'm with you on this one. My vote goes to the Champion Banshee's of the world.

Another underrated mold I use and have friends that use is the Beast. Lots of "noobs" throw them as a first disc, but not too many experienced players I see bother to carry them. Most people go straight from fairway speed 7's (or even mid-range) to speed 12's, but I find that I can get more distance from the Beast in calm wind situations.

Also I've got another friend that swears by his ESP Pulse... He actually won't go play a round because he lost both of his in one round! Perfectly seasoned, hiding in a runoff creek somewhere. For shame.

Also I've got another friend that swears by his ESP Pulse... He actually won't go play a round because he lost both of his in one round! Perfectly seasoned, hiding in a runoff creek somewhere. For shame.

So sad:(

Champ XD's aren't really flippy, you can throw them pretty hard and they will hold that angle with some fade. DX ones can be very finicky but glide really well if thrown with care. The DX ones have the uncanny ability to go far with glide and never fade an inch.

How does the XD compare to the beadless aviar, such as the classic aviar currently in production?

Discraft XL in all plastics
All you hear is teebird eagle leopard, not that those aren't great disc, but the XL is one of the farthest flying discs ever made, and for me I can throw it just as far as most of my non warp speed drivers, the xl can finish straight, hyzers, anhyzers, hyzerflips, rollers and late right turning shots in the woods, try one!

I haven't had one for a while but I will say the XL is very underrated. The one Z I had I didn't care for but that was a long time ago, and the X and ESP varieties are GREAT discs.

Sidewinder, great disc but you rarely hear people talking about them. Rollers, Hyzer Flips, Big D you can do just about everything with a sidewinder, plus if you have bad form, its going to let you know about it.

Latest posts