• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

The Birdie 100% I use one, and have tried out all the big name putters, give me a Birdie any day of the week. The older thumbtrac-less ones are the best, and the floppier the better IMHO. The best part is people see me playing with em and give all their old one's away to me. Dead nuts straight and if you know what you're doin' works in the wind as well. I will say you can't drive with it, well you can but it's not all that effective.:hfive:

I can agree with this as well. I don't carry one in my bag, but do have a few and they are money on anything inside 150' for me.

Also agree with the MS Aurora. Had one for a while and loved it. I still am not sure why I didn't replace the one that I lost. This thread is dangerous because I'm seeing all of these discs that I love and now want back in my bag. I'm going to have like 35 discs in my bag before this is all said and done.

Innova Viper, combination of glide while being overstable. Reliable fade in the heaviest of winds.

I can't remember not having a Viper in my bag. I love this disc more than just about anything. The one that I have in my bag now is a few years old and has straightened out a lot but still is great in the wind and has the perfect amount of fade. No one throws these anymore either. I haven't seen another person with a viper in forever. I don't think there's a disc that could take it's place. I've got about 8 of them so I should be good for a while.

More people should throw an R-Pro Polecat. They removed the DX picture that screams beginner's pack and just have the words R-Pro Polecat on it. This disc is money when there is no wind and you want to make a run at the basket from 50-100 feet out.

I hate R-Pro in drivers and mids, but for some reason this plastic is awesome for putters. The Polecat does not chew up like I thought it would and the grip is amazing.

i agree with this...r-pro putters are supper grippy and hold their flight patterns for a long time, even off the tee box.

I dont know if it has been mentioned yet or not as I have not read the entire thread, but I think the most underated disc is the Discraft Stratus. I can put my Elite X Stratus on a beatiful anhyzer and put it right where I want it most of the time.

I dont know if it has been mentioned yet or not as I have not read the entire thread, but I think the most underated disc is the Discraft Stratus. I can put my Elite X Stratus on a beatiful anhyzer and put it right where I want it most of the time.

you obviously didn't read through the thread...:rolleyes:

OK, I have to put in a vote for the Innova Birdie. Sure it looks like the bastard child of a pie pan and a hubcap, and it feels completely gross in your hand, but the thing flies and lands absurdly straight. It doesn't hyzer. It doesn't turn over. It doesn't fade. It doesn't float past the basket... drops like a rock. It's perfect for driving through narrow gaps in the woods, and it works well in the wind too.

I literally won my first tournament yesterday because of the Birdie. A friend gave me this disc awhile ago and I initially started tossing it around mostly as a joke, but now I can't get it out of my bag...

Love my DX leopard and star Mako. My star TL is sweet also.

Never thrown the Mako, love my ce leopard.

The TL is the BEST. I bought one at the flymart at worlds in 06, because I had lost my teebird. That baby threw dead straight for me, I placed 3rd in the distance competition with it, and then aced with it 3 months later. Then I retired it to the wall. I finally bought 2 new ones this year, and that thing is dead straight for me right off the bat.

id say the ape everyone throws a brand new one and hates it cuz its so stable but if u hit some trees with it and break it in it becomes a really nice reliable disc i use mine when its too windy for my bosses

another underated disc in my opinion is the champion shark. they are my favorite midrange and i dont understand why innova stopped making them. i love em

And here I thought people hated the Ape because it was slower than other speed 13 discs and neither overstable nor reliable enough in the wind...

The Roc is a very awesome disc that is totally under rated. I believe it could become the best mid range in the game. If you have never thrown one, try it out sometime.

Latest posts