• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

My vote is for the Star SL too. I freaked out a few months ago when I heard they were going OOP. I am glad Innova came to their senses and kept making them. They give such smooth straight distance so easily. And they are stable enough to not go crazy in light winds. I have a valk, an SL, and a wraith all in the same weight, and the SL is just so versatile I could drop the other two altogether.

Also the XD for the honorable mention. If deeper rimmed putters don't feel right in your hands, go get yourself an XD. You won't regret it.

I'll go with the Discmania PD2. There was a time where I almost regretted buying it because it is so damn overstable... but when there is wind this thing is f*cking MONEY

25 mph headwinds don't even effect it. The people that threw before me in this clip threw bosses and destroyers and they all dumped off to the right almost instantly. I probably gave this drive 90% and it stayed laser straight until it slowed down.

I will gladly be the first to preach the Dart. Have 5 and put at least 3 in the bag. 1 champ, 2 star (one beat to H), and 2 r-pro. You can do some awesome things with these discs. haha my buddies hate when i am within 100' because i WILL run the basket. LOVE LOVE LOVE the dart, 220 and in are money for me and read on the Innova site that one pro uses them for up to 400 which is ridiculous.

I will gladly be the first to preach the Dart. Have 5 and put at least 3 in the bag. 1 champ, 2 star (one beat to H), and 2 r-pro. You can do some awesome things with these discs. haha my buddies hate when i am within 100' because i WILL run the basket. LOVE LOVE LOVE the dart, 220 and in are money for me and read on the Innova site that one pro uses them for up to 400 which is ridiculous.

Oh yeah!
I have 4 DX Darts, and a Champ. It's my main putter, and I love flipping them on short dogleg holes. I only carry 2, but if I had room I'd probably carry a second DX.

for sure the most underrated disc is the groove

according to it's average rating by people on this site, it could leap 90 degrees in any direction upon releasing from your hand, but that's not the case. it's a crappy inconsistant disc, but no where near what it's current reputation leads many to believe.

as a matter of fact, it's insanely fast and travels far. i'd be willing to bet that anyone that used it consistantly for a short time would record either their farthest throw or one of their farthest throws with it. of course they would also record some of their worst throws with it. /shrug

i still say it's underrated and i love to use them as my water disc because they are WAY better than a piece of s*** dragon.

Stingrays! All Day

The Stingray I got was my first disc EVER when it came to DG. After years with it, I still use it am constantly amazed at how responsive this disc is in my hands. It will hold any line I tell it to and I even use it for putts outside of 40 ft. For approaches, I use it for shots within 200 ft. Coming from and Ultimate Frisbee background, the width of the Stingray felt right at home and it glides far with little or no fade. I don't see many people carrying them these days, but I wish they would bring back Champ Stingrays! I don't know why, but I'm put off by the new Star ones. I think they are great for players of all skill levels!

Swan 2. Am I the only one throwing it?? It has made my whole game better. I'm sure there are many other good putters, but I think the Swan's respect level is so where below the Gum Putt's. Maybe it's the awful stamp??

I am suprised there has not been any love for the XS. Really one of the easiest to bomb discs ever made. Like a lower profile Valk.

I think it's because the newer circle-stamp XS's suck, at least in Z plastic. I have a couple older Z XS's that are money. They're a bit understable and can really bomb, but the new circle stamp ones are much more overstable and have a lot less glide. They're more like a glideless Teebird. Not sure what happened to this disc, but something did happen to it; that much I know. And now they suck.

warrior, gateway mids are underrated

Never thrown the Warrior, but I have a blue HPP Scout that was my go-to mid until I started throwing MVP. Even though I don't throw it any more, I think the scout is ultra-underrated.

As a few others have already mentioned, the Viking is one of the more underrated discs out there. I also like to say the Stingray is also, too a certain extent anyway. I carry a DX Stingray in my bag at all times, love that disc.:thmbup:

Latest posts