• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Multi Purpose Disc

mooredisc

If you had to play a entire course with just one disc which one would you pick and why?

A stable putter bc they can cover nearly any shot needed from 5' to 300'+.

I (and many here) have done this at our local courses i would assume more than once. I keep a stable putter in both vehicles for this purpose lol.

Same, s line p2 for me. Still can manage putting with it, but can hold pretty much any line I need. If you want someone not to say putter, pro line gremlins coming of the shelf lol since I never throw it and it's money for pretty much everything but putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, these threads are getting redundant.

If you one had one disc
Two discs
Three Discs
Four discs
Two discraft discs
Throw on a cold day in the woods disc
etc
etc
etc

DGCR is going through a rather lame cycle again.

I just asked because ive heard that a lot of the old timers used to use just one or two disc to play,compared to todays players that carry a backpack full of disc.

I just asked because ive heard that a lot of the old timers used to use just one or two disc to play,compared to todays players that carry a backpack full of disc.
Back in the day a 5,000' course was a monster. The only water hazards you ran across were creeks where you could retrieve your disc. Nobody flicked. You could throw a Roc and an Aviar and never wish you had anything else.

Those days are gone. The holes are longer. The courses are better and require more shots. Playing most courses now with one disc is unrealistic and would be no fun. If I had to play with one disc, I'd quit. :|

If you had to play a entire course with just one disc which one would you pick and why?

There are some old threads with similar questions and answers; you can do a search for them.

But to answer your question here, I'd choose a disc that I can putt with but would also give me some distance on throws off the tee and from the fairway. In the past, that one disc for me would be the Mako3 or the Panther, but today I might consider the new S-Blend TOMB from Infinite Discs.

Edited to add: I would vastly prefer a 2-disc round, with one putter to putt with and the other disc for everything else.

Last edited:
Dang, these threads are getting redundant.

And you've only been here 2 years. Imagine all of these that I've seen.

And I've only been here 6 years. Imagine what the old timers have seen.

Back in the day a 5,000' course was a monster. The only water hazards you ran across were creeks where you could retrieve your disc. Nobody flicked. You could throw a Roc and an Aviar and never wish you had anything else.

Those days are gone. The holes are longer. The courses are better and require more shots. Playing most courses now with one disc is unrealistic and would be no fun. If I had to play with one disc, I'd quit. :|

As usual, Three Putt is right on point. Although I don't think I'd score too much worse with just an Axis, or maybe a Relay.

Edited to add: I would vastly prefer a 2-disc round, with one putter to putt with and the other disc for everything else.
I can play pretty much any course with five. Maybe four, but definitely five. Anything less than that is a stretch. Asking one disc to handle all non-putter shots would require a pretty boring course IMO.

Which is generally what happens. You get to an old pitch 'n putt and decide to one disc or two disc to add more challenge into a course that really is an example of why we used to get away with playing with only an Aviar and Roc back in the day. The use fits on the short courses. Do it on a modern course and it's torture for no reason.

I agree, except that some of those old courses are still around, and there are some short courses in the woods (one being in my home county) that are ideal for one or two disc rounds. For practicing form, a one disc round on a short course is good. But I agree that on the longer and the open courses, the one-disc round would not be as much fun.

I can play pretty much any course with five. Maybe four, but definitely five. Anything less than that is a stretch. Asking one disc to handle all non-putter shots would require a pretty boring course IMO.

Which is generally what happens. You get to an old pitch 'n putt and decide to one disc or two disc to add more challenge into a course that really is an example of why we used to get away with playing with only an Aviar and Roc back in the day. The use fits on the short courses. Do it on a modern course and it's torture for no reason.

I could probably do a 3-disc round on a longer course. Putter, midrange or fairway driver (Panther or Leopard3 for me), and driver. Hoping for ideal calm winds and not losing any discs. :thmbup:

I could probably do a 3-disc round on a longer course. Putter, midrange or fairway driver (Panther or Leopard3 for me), and driver. Hoping for ideal calm winds and not losing any discs. :thmbup:
I'd at least need one more driver to flick. I'm terrible at flicks and need something OS to cover how horrible I am at it. So I could possibly get by with four. I'd rather have five. :|

And you've only been here 2 years. Imagine all of these that I've seen.

And I've only been here 6 years. Imagine what the old timers have seen.

Been around longer than that.

Tagged along on a friend of mines account until he quit discing. Then I got my own.

Nothing is better for your game than the occasional one- or two-disc rounds.

I choose a mildly overstable Wizard. Sometimes I will add a neutral Roc. Go out and work lines. Pick landing zones. Think about breaking holes down into pieces/angles.

You will amaze yourself how many new things you will learn about release angles, and about better ways to play holes even at your home course(s).

Latest posts