• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I love MVP plastic too (only one non MVP disc in my bag ATM) but the unbridled butt kissing you two do is a bit much. Not even discspeed takes it that far and he is a tester. Not looking to start a flame war or anything here and I'll never mention it again. Just saying, maybe you want to tone it back a little.

I love MVP plastic too (only one non MVP disc in my bag ATM) but the unbridled butt kissing you two do is a bit much. Not even discspeed takes it that far and he is a tester. Not looking to start a flame war or anything here and I'll never mention it again. Just saying, maybe you want to tone it back a little.

What constitutes as too much? Why rain on peoples parades, it's just an opinion. There are others just like these guys, but with other companies, you don't see people killing their buzzz.

I finally got to throw one of my FR Discnation Amps on Saturday. It flips like crazy! One of the most understable drivers I have ever thrown. Max weight, light tailwind, 30 degree hyzer and still turning over without any fade.

attachment.php

I finally got to throw one of my FR Discnation Amps on Saturday. It flips like crazy! One of the most understable drivers I have ever thrown. Max weight, light tailwind, 30 degree hyzer and still turning over without any fade.

attachment.php
Just.for reference what would you compare it to and how far are they going?

Haha i was just making a joke about the MVP love in this thread, it was a joke ;)

Just.for reference what would you compare it to and how far are they going?

I can't really think of something I would compare it to, maybe 8, 4, -3, 1 in Innova numbers. This is based on only a few field throws so don't take it too seriously, but I was very surprised by the flight.

Got some throws in with my Amps yesterday and today. Initial impression: Wow they are understable. Not quite as much as my beat up Valk that I carry for rollers, but still almost too understable to be useful for me. I have a beat up teebird that I use for uphill holes, but the Amp turned quite a bit for me even on those holes. I'll carry one for a while and throw it on some crazy lines to see if it will show me something I couldn't do with any other disc, but I can't imagine what that would be.

A few more throws with my Amps (varying from 169-175g in 5 different colors), and I can still say that the above is true for me. FWIW, I have one GL River and it is not nearly as understable as any of these Amps. In fact, it is a lot like the one Volt I have been able to throw. For reference, I can get the Volt and River to about 400-420'. I haven't been able to measure an Amp throw yet, but I don't think they are any longer, just completely different flight. I guess if I could hit a distance hyzer-flip just right then they could bomb, but I have never been able to get those to work very well at all.

So i guess its confirmed that the first run of these is stable and the new ones are under-stable like they should be?

My first production runs seem to be HSS of -1 and LSS of 1

Mine was close to that...0, 1 to -1, 1. It was so bleedin windy, I really couldn't tell. Just have to spend more time with it now.;)

So i guess its confirmed that the first run of these is stable and the new ones are under-stable like they should be?

My first production runs seem to be HSS of -1 and LSS of 1

The one I threw is a first run and it is VERY understable. -3 turn at least.

Anyone else noticing their Amps losing HSS while maintaining their LSS as you work them in a bit? I've been using my amp religiously since release, and in the past week I've noticed it's been way more workable.. Really really easy to flip flat or turn over now.

Anyone else noticing their Amps losing HSS while maintaining their LSS as you work them in a bit? I've been using my amp religiously since release, and in the past week I've noticed it's been way more workable.. Really really easy to flip flat or turn over now.

I assumed this would happen.

I got mine a few days before it started snowing so i haven't been able to break one in like i wanted to. Im sure they get better with age.

I hope they hit a point where the flip and turn for LONG anny that ends straight or with slight fade to prevent a roller.

Is it still changing? or did it hit a point where its broke in and stays the same for a while?

I guess only time will tell.. For the time being it seems like it will continue beating in. I had a shot today on Hole 18 at Golden Gate Park that is like the shot you are after. I gave it the slightest anny release I could, and it just consistently moved right until it landed flat. The Tee has a slight elevation to it so I had angled the shot downward.. I imagine I could repeat this on flat ground.

I'm still trying to figure this disc out. I know when I put the mustard on this baby it flips up and continues right (RHBH) until the very end. Still need to play a full round at 60-75% throwing power with these to see if I can get some different lines. Looking forward to doing some field practice (especially in the roller department).

Both Amps I have (white 172 and Orange "Amp" stamp 170) are identical in flight.

Latest posts