• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I Just played a round with my soft Anode and its to soon to tell but it just might be replacing my Wizard for both putting and driving. As of right now it will replace my driving putter, but man I was sinking putts today like Kobe Bryant shooting free throws.

There's not way it's 5/10 already. MVP discs pretty much have their own scale because they just don't take abuse like any other discs. I've used mine vigorously since they came out, playing multiple Anode only rounds, putting/upshot practice everyday. And they are barely scuffed.

It's one of my most beat discs. Only my warped Buzzz & nicely seasoned DX valk are more beat. You don't have to believe me, it may not seem believable. I have just beat the hell out of it. The thing has taken a beating. There are white marks all over the top and sides of the disc. It doesn't even look pretty anymore.

I've been throwing an proton anode (not soft) lately and have been very impressed with what it can do. I didn't care for it at first, but kept it in the bag and went out today at fairmont park with it a teebird and a rhyno. It thoroughly impressed me today. I think I didn't like it because it felt very beefy and dense in my hand. I was amazed at the things it could do with it once I switched up how I gripped it; hyzers, huge anhyzers that just held their lines and never faded, tomahawks and thumbers that fliped over and slid. I realized I cant throw it the same way as any other approach disc and once I got that through my head it did wonders.

It's one of my most beat discs. Only my warped Buzzz & nicely seasoned DX valk are more beat. You don't have to believe me, it may not seem believable. I have just beat the hell out of it. The thing has taken a beating. There are white marks all over the top and sides of the disc. It doesn't even look pretty anymore.

When people talk about beat discs, they are rarely commenting on how the disc looks. Beat refers to a disc that flies very understable (or just straight/stable in the case of something that started out very overstable). I think people (me included) are having a hard time believing that you have beaten your Anode into being significantly understable.

Does anyone have an image of the Anode profile? In particular, I want to know if the inside edge of the rim where the first joint of my index finger rests has a sharp right angle edge or if it is rounded. My putts use this edge to provide all the spin of my push putts and a sharp edge is vital to my style. Thanks...

Ion left, Anode right
e07f53b0.jpg

I got my softs from GGGT yesterday 175 purple & 173 navy blue. the blue one had spots on it. i called GGGT & they explained those are from when the pistons that eject the disc out of the mold. apparently the blue dye colls slower so the pistons impress the flightplate causing the little round circles. GGGT assured me it shouldn't affect the flight or durability of the disc.
Golfdiscs057.jpg

Picture added.

from the profile picture the anode looks like a first run ion i haven't held one is that what they feel like

i have a fr i havent held the anode yet. so your saying the anodes bead is more pronounced than the fr's