• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

I want a base plastic Ion. that would make me and many others happy. I like the mold. not the plastic.

This is an argument that I can totally understand.

And to be totally honest, if there's putts where I don't feel right about my putters, it's longer putts into baskets in precarious locations, because I swear if an Anode gets up on edge, it'll roll back to my car.

Sponsored pros aside, I rarely see anyone in the open division with a premium plastic putter. I'm talking maybe 3-5 golfers. These are people that can use whatever they like.

no kidding. u guys arent professionals?

u dont need to have the same stuff as the pros. but when you are saying that a type of disc is the best for something, its usually best to look at what the top level of any sport use to determine what is actually the best.

i no see mvp up there. at all. and i no see premium plastic putters either.

okay

the point is, No pros are throwing MVP because they are nothing special. if they were. they would.

and the main point is premium plastic putters are not as consistent. period. if they were. the pros would be throwing Champ Aviars all day. since they are so much more durable. but im sure there is another reason the most popular mold is thrown in a base plastic.

stop caring about what someone else likes or doesn't like

totally absurd

What I noticed, for me, with my putting style, is that I often miss with my Neutron Anode low, as in, it hits the top of the nubbins and bounces out ALL DAY LONG. Any other putter would do the same thing if it hit that spot.

I theorize that I don't get the same traction between my fingers and the underside of the flight plate with the Anode as I do with my D-Line Reef, which is pretty grippy, and that small amount of force makes the difference. I have putted with base plastic way more than premium. If I putted with the Anode exclusively I'm sure I'd adjust. However, it's easier just to stick with what works for me.

I imagine an experienced player, who has putted with base plastic their whole career, would have to adjust to premium plastic in order to get the same results. Why would a base plastic loving touring pro decide to invest the amount practice time it would take to get used to premium plastic just because it's more durable?

Sponsored pros aside, I rarely see anyone in the open division with a premium plastic putter. I'm talking maybe 3-5 golfers. These are people that can use whatever they like.

thank you.

stop caring about what someone else likes or doesn't like

totally absurd

I dont care what you like. I just want to make it clear that MVP needs a base plastic putter. period. and all u worship at the church of Maple Valley nutjobs need to come to that realization. ur favorite company has a gaping hole in their lineup.

This is an argument that I can totally understand.

And to be totally honest, if there's putts where I don't feel right about my putters, it's longer putts into baskets in precarious locations, because I swear if an Anode gets up on edge, it'll roll back to my car.

Park either your car or your disc closer to the basket.

What's your putting style?

It will be more evident for spin putters who tend to hit the basket with a good deal of force. A loft or push putter may not see as many spit outs because the impact is less violent.

Intersting point. As they say around here, I think i'm a 'spush' putter, but defintiely more loft than spin.

But I mean, given the same weight, why would the impact be different?

Still good point that I hadn't considered.

What I noticed, for me, with my putting style, is that I often miss with my Neutron Anode low, as in, it hits the top of the nubbins and bounces out ALL DAY LONG. Any other putter would do the same thing if it hit that spot.

I theorize that I don't get the same traction between my fingers and the underside of the flight plate with the Anode as I do with my D-Line Reef, which is pretty grippy, and that small amount of force makes the difference. I have putted with base plastic way more than premium. If I putted with the Anode exclusively I'm sure I'd adjust. However, it's easier just to stick with what works for me.

I imagine an experienced player, who has putted with base plastic their whole career, would have to adjust to premium plastic in order to get the same results. Why would a base plastic loving touring pro decide to invest the amount practice time it would take to get used to premium plastic just because it's more durable?

Good points, i think base plastic has superior feel/grip for putting purposes and is traditionally what has been used for putting.. but i don't see why given time to get used to the premium plastic feel one couldn't be just as good as they are with a base plastic.

thank you.

I dont care what you like. I just want to make it clear that MVP needs a base plastic putter. period. and all u worship at the church of Maple Valley need to come to that realization. ur favorite company has a gaping hole in their lineup.

I don't disagree with that at all. I have three posts in this thread with the same wish for base putter.

But who cares if some of these guys are obsessive or have blind spots when it comes to MVP?

I don't disagree with that at all. I have three posts in this thread with the same wish for base putter.

But who cares if some of these guys are obsessive or have blind spots when it comes to MVP?

Its fun to care. thats what the internet is. fun. :|

Good points, i think base plastic has superior feel/grip for putting purposes and is traditionally what has been used for putting.. but i don't see why given time to get used to the premium plastic feel one couldn't be just as good as they are with a base plastic.

Because the grip/feel of base plastic puts traction on the chains, as well as the hand.

havent you guys seen the movie the sandlot? the kids all tried big chief because that is what all the pro's were doing.

both sides have valid points. i carry some MVP discs and I imagine if I wanted to I could replace all of them. But I do like their marketing and product line. way better than wahoos, terns and zombees.

i am interested to try this disc.

but you guys are funny. carry on

Last edited:
Because the grip/feel of base plastic puts traction on the chains, as well as the hand.

I don't know. I mean, a champ vs dx aviar, e.g., I can see that.

One of the things that I really like about these MVP putters is how grippy the overmold is, spinning into the chains.

I'm perfectly OK with the fact that maybe most players don't like the hand feel of 'premium' plastic for putting. But the soft proton works well for me there.

And the only inconsistent thing about my putting is...my putting. I really don't think there's anything I'm losing out on with these putters. I get way more that go in where I think they shouldn't rather than vice versa. Putts in the sweet spot stay put every time.