• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

settle down

We aren't pros. Just some regular guys' opinions on a disc.

Should we all have the exact same discs in our bags as the pros?

no kidding. u guys arent professionals?

u dont need to have the same stuff as the pros. but when you are saying that a type of disc is the best for something, its usually best to look at what the top level of any sport use to determine what is actually the best.

i no see mvp up there. at all. and i no see premium plastic putters either.

I totally saw a picture of Nikko holding what appeared to be a Tangent once.

Pucktana_-_OMG.gif

no kidding. u guys arent professionals?

u dont need to have the same stuff as the pros. but when you are saying that a type of disc is the best for something, its usually best to look at what the top level of any sport use to determine what is actually the best.

This is because mvp doesn't sponsor pros and most sponsors wont let their players throw other brands. If the top players were allowed mixed bags this would probably be a legit argument.

The Prodigy team was allowed to use a mixed bag this year. How many chose to throw MVP?

None, because none of them were already throwing them, of course.

I guess your argument is, a player with a new company is allowed to throw a mixed bag, and insted of continuing to throw what was already in their bag, they're instead going to go out and start trying to adjust to a 3rd party's new discs in addition to Prodigy's? And if they don't, it's because there's something wrong with the 3rd party gear?

My putters (anodes) only spit when I make a bad throw (too hard, wrong side of the basket, high, etc). Every other putter I have tried has done the exact same thing.

I guess your argument is, a player with a new company is allowed to throw a mixed bag, and insted of continuing to throw what was already in their bag, they're instead going to go out and start trying to adjust to a 3rd party's new discs in addition to Prodigy's? And if they don't, it's because there's something wrong with the 3rd party gear?

Best argument I've heard yet.

And man, who honestly cares what pros throw or if people say a new disc is going to be the second coming? We're still throwing plastic in the park. Relax.

the point is, No pros are throwing MVP because they are nothing special. if they were. they would.

and the main point is premium plastic putters are not as consistent. period. if they were. the pros would be throwing Champ Aviars all day. since they are so much more durable. but im sure there is another reason the most popular mold is thrown in a base plastic.

I want a base plastic Ion. that would make me and many others happy. I like the mold. not the plastic.

omg, MVP has not showed interest in sponsoring ANY players untill just recently with Mike C.

They don't even have a full lineup yet..

stop being a hater

Based on your logic, if i payed McBeth enough money as a sponsorship to throw your skull into a disc catcher, your skull must be the best putter in the world because the top pro is using it!.. wtf

Last edited:
I know my putters don't spit out any more than any of the 3-4 other's I've tried.

I don't really need a signature stamped on them to tell me that.

Look, I'm not saying I'm some kind of automatic putter or anything. But, I don't care, really, what pros throw.

I'm not even trying to make the claim that MVP putters are "better" than whatever the top pros putt with, 'so they just don't know like I know.'

I'm just saying that I keep seeing thread drift on these MVP threads talking about them being overly prone to spitouts, and I feel like, from experience, that it seems pretty baseless.

Last edited:
omg, MVP has not showed interest in sponsoring ANY players untill just recently with Mike C.

They don't even have a full lineup yet..

stop being a hater

Based on your logic, if i payed McBeth enough money as a sponsorship to throw your skull into a disc catcher, your skull would be the best putter in the world.. wtf

are you sure its that way and not the other way around?

no "real" pro who has played tournaments wants to be sponsored by them maybe?

I'm just saying that I keep seeing thread drift on these MVP threads talking about them being overly prone to spitouts, and I feel like, from experience, that it seems pretty baseless.

What's your putting style?

It will be more evident for spin putters who tend to hit the basket with a good deal of force. A loft or push putter may not see as many spit outs because the impact is less violent.

They all tried out and bagged a lot of different companies. I remember Feldberg mentioning seeing a lot of Lat in their bags. I know Cale threw Firebirds. I also saw a video of Will throwing Predators.

are you sure its that way and not the other way around?

no "real" pro who has played tournaments wants to be sponsored by them maybe?

Look, I get that there is a segment of the population that will emulate pros at any level and in any sport. However, that segment isn't in this thread and you know it. Go pimp the Catalyst some more. I'm sure all the pros are using it.

Latest posts