• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

Axiom has its own website. that to me says its a different company. molded by MVP. otherwise they wouldnt have "teams at Axiom and MVP." that says "separation"

thanks for playing.

Axiom has its own website. that to me says its a different company. molded by MVP. otherwise they wouldnt have "teams at Axiom and MVP." that says "separation"

thanks for playing.

With MVP all over the place on the website!

Nothing but, MVP this...MVP that! Blah,Blah,Blah...and oh yeah, and little axiom.:(

thanks for playing.

Actually, that wording at the end of the press release is part of what leads me to believe they're two interconnected companies. It says, "The Team at Axiom Discs & MVP Disc Sports," which to me suggests they're the same, or at least intertwined.

The similarities between websites, the text "Axiom Discs by MVP Disc Sports," etc, all reinforce this for me.

There's a difference between two separate companies and all that goes into branding of separate product lines. For example, Jordan stuff is made, manufactured and part of Nike, but Jordan is it's own brand.

That being said, there's no hard and fast rules as to what differentiates brand vs company when it comes to marketing materials. A company, or multiple companies, can do that however they see fit. And, in the end, why does it even matter? Axiom Discs clearly has MVP technology all over it and is being branded as Axiom Discs.

Who cares who owns it, whether it's a separate company or not. It's irrelevant. Last I checked, we, as DG players, we're NOT in need of, or are entitled to knowing, all the legal mumbo jumbo behind product marketing, branding or corporate structuring of a new disc. MVP is making Axiom Discs called Envy and Alias. Throw 'em or don't. Your choice.

Whether pro's will or won't throw them or not is irrelevant as well. A disc manufacturers bottom line is not dependent solely on pro usage of their product. It's the same in other sports equipment manufacturers as well. If it was only pro dependent, Louisville Slugger would only make wooden MLB bats, and Wilson would only make NFL "The Duke" footballs cause that's what pros use. They make more than those lines because the broader non-pro purchasing of their products is what sustains them.

And yes, that does make a case for a baseline plastic, but some companies choose to be more "boutique" than others. Is that what MVP is doing? Only they know for sure. But, their releases to date seem to indicate there's no intention to introduce a baseline. But, at the same time, it's never official until it's official. Again, only they know for sure, so who knows what's on their radar. Maybe there will be baseline of some sort. Personally, I doubt they would release a non-overmold, GYRO tech based disc. It's a pillar of their company, and a founding principal.

I for one am excited about these Axiom releases tho. I can think of several scenarios where I can use an Envy based on its description, and would love a more stable tangent since the Axis is a disc that hasn't jived with me quite yet. Look forward to other releases both in the MVP and Axiom lines. (fwiw, I keep up with other companies releases as well, and try several of their discs also.)

Lastly, IMHO Paul McBeth can say whatever the hell he wants as the current 2x World Champ until someone knocks him off that perch. While he throws Innova discs, let's not overlook the ability, talent, good decision making and other intangibles that go into being good, and then being clutch on top of it to get him those titles. Yes, he throws Innova. But, with talent, he can make non-Innova discs work, I'm sure. As a competitor, I kind of took his question as more of a legit ask then a dig. Why would he not want to compete against someone throwing all types/brands of discs for the opportunity to beat them? I would expect a pro repping any manufacturer to want to do the same. Good game and good show McB, keep it up!

Actually, that wording at the end of the press release is part of what leads me to believe they're two interconnected companies. It says, "The Team at Axiom Discs & MVP Disc Sports," which to me suggests they're the same, or at least intertwined.

The similarities between websites, the text "Axiom Discs by MVP Disc Sports," etc, all reinforce this for me.

It says Teams. Not Team

here is the quote from the original post on this site.

axiom-home-intro-DGCR.jpg

MVP Disc Sports Begins a New Era
January 10, 2014

MVP Disc Sports has come a long way since the debut of our famed blue and red First Run Ion.

Today, we're pleased to bring something back from the beginning.

Introducing Axiom Discs, by MVP Disc Sports.

MVP's signature GYRO™ rim was engineered for performance -- the dense overmolded rim and seamless aerodynamics serve to maximize the potential of a flying disc. Add basic golf disc science to high-tech molding, and it looks like GYRO™.

Science gave us the look of GYRO™. But the funny thing about science -- sometimes it looks sexy.

Axiom Discs brings a new focus on style, with vibrant color combinations of GYRO™ rims on Neutron and Proton, new stamp series and foils, and a unique set of disc models to complement the MVP lineup. Axiom gives players more options for GYRO™-enhanced discs, whether for colors, flight profile, or feel.

Two new models will kick off Axiom Discs for 2014 - the Neutron Envy Putt & Approach, and the Neutron Alias Midrange. Proton releases of both models will follow soon.

The Envy is a stable-to-overstable putter with a beefed-up wing and slightly lower cruising speed and profile than the Ion/Anode class, making it high-speed stable with a dependable drop.

The Alias is best described as a stable Tangent. With a straight-stable high-speed portion and a little bite at the end, the Alias is a great placement midrange for hyzer, straight, and anhyzer lines.

Axiom Discs will be produced and distributed by the team at MVP Disc Sports, and MVP's signature GYRO™ rims will remain classic black and Eclipse Glow white.

The aesthetics of our GYRO™ rim coupled with central cores made with premium polymers has always had an appeal to throwers, disc dyers, and custom shops. The creative community in disc golf has embraced the look of GYRO™, and we look forward to seeing these throwers and artists bring Axiom's colors to life!

2014 has many more developments and releases in store for both MVP and Axiom Discs. We sincerely thank our fans and distributors for all their past and future support -- we are fellow disc golfers seeking to elevate the game we love, and it's an honor to feel that love come back from the community.

We invite you to visit www.AxiomDiscs.com for more information and eye candy. Stay up to date with more news on our social media sites.

Best Regards,
The Teams at Axiom Discs & MVP Disc Sports

So you think you've concretely answered that question by quoting lines from an online announcement and analyzing the diction of that announcement? Give me a break. You don't know any better than I do. I merely said I was curious. "Thanks for playing". Keep tryharding, trollmaster.

Ah yeah...whoops. Didn't mean to post here either...could probably actually close this thread. Not really relevant anymore.

Ah yeah...whoops. Didn't mean to post here either...could probably actually close this thread. Not really relevant anymore.

I actually like this thread because us trolls can argue debate without muddying up the official thread (not that it hasn't happened there too :().

Double hah! There you go. At least we know the official version now. ;)

I actually like this thread because us trolls can argue debate without muddying up the official thread (not that it hasn't happened there too :().

At the very least landfill it, so it can be a total free-for-all.

This thread was first so it should be the official one.

This thread is the speculation thread. It's full of garbage. Why should this thread really be the official thread over the one started by one of the owners?

And it's pretty awesome that we can now start arguing about which thread is the official thread!

Wow, Let's go back 25 years when you had hardly any selection of different disc, I enjoy new plastic as much as the next guy, but if you want to complain as to way a company is doing business, start your own company and do it your way. I for one am going to throw the plastic I have and be happy there is such a diversified selection of disc on the market. I have one question. When did it stop being fun for you? Geez people listen to yourselves :wall: