• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disc is done. The plastic got stretched out and the memory around the dent is stretched. Just has this happen to me and after several day in the hot sun flight plate down and up Rex. The dent is still there. It's less there but it'll always be there. Time for a new amp.

Tried this method for dent fix: Flat bottomed bowl with coffee temperature water (near boil) placed on disc with about 20# on weight in top on a marble countertop. After three two hour cycles, dent is now pretty vague. Nice it is a flat top disc to start with.

Now the head scratcher is had not tossed it enough to know how it flied.

I have been throwing a domey 16? proton theory. They fly just like their heavy flat counterpart. I always feel like Im cheating using my theory. It just bombs effortlessly.

^ Got to throw a proton Theory for the first time yesterday (172g). No doubt about my next new disc. It felt like a velvet glove in my hand and went wherever I pointed.

The theory was one of my favorite discs for awhile but they just didn't do anything my proxy couldn't do on short shots and my meteor is just longer on the understable side of things. I still love to throw it in my small bag but it lost too many shots in my main bag.

^ Got to throw a proton Theory for the first time yesterday (172g). No doubt about my next new disc. It felt like a velvet glove in my hand and went wherever I pointed.

Was it the watermelon one? Or they make proton production runs?

The theory was one of my favorite discs for awhile but they just didn't do anything my proxy couldn't do on short shots and my meteor is just longer on the understable side of things. I still love to throw it in my small bag but it lost too many shots in my main bag.

Meteor has that "hit point of no return". Sneaky long disc, but just is kind of wack because it can ride hyzer, sometimes flips sometimes doesnt, or hit point of no return. Just too difficult to calculate.

It is what us dgcr pros call "speed" sensitive. :p
Unlike a ion/comet/buzz etc which handle mean power and still fly true. Theory is much slower vs meteor and dat gyro BS helps it handle some good snap very well. Just like the tangent (and few other MVP mids vector for sure) stay away from the concave/FAF tops.

You started me on this odyssey by sending me a Tangent to try last year. Haven't bought any non MVP/Axiom plastic since.

It gets in your blood, doesn't it?

I have a stack of Trilogy discs given to me in local player's packs collecting dust because I just don't throw anything else but gyro at this point. I suspect dedicated fans of other brands might say the same, but this is the first time I've ever had this much loyalty to any sporting good manufacturer.

Lost my insanity. Bagged a fresh one. Omf I missed this flight. I fell back in love. Im glad I have a few more stock piled. They thread tight long lines in the woods.

It was posted to the gyropalooza group page on FB. Was post by Brett the mod to the Fan page.

Status
Not open for further replies.