• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised they didn't just use that new Streamline disc over the Shock. A single shot tbird like disc would bring in the crowds...

The Shock is an awesome mold. I bagged one for quite a while when it was released and it's beefy but not so much that it's a specialty disc. And the Axis. Fuggedaboudit. It's really a great pack. Quit the belly aching. :p

The Shock is an awesome mold. I bagged one for quite a while when it was released and it's beefy but not so much that it's a specialty disc.
I've slowly stopped carrying anything that overstable. I really don't understand how those are properly used any more.

I played the year with the Signal and wanted to play the year with the Relay but just couldn't due to timing. Didn't play last year due to the discs offered and won't play this year for the same. I wouldn't mind a plasma Shock, but not enough to spend 30 ish on the pack.

So has anyone fully replaced their envy with a particle? I'm currently using a proxy/envy combo but they've got very similar in flight. I'm thinking maybe switching to soft N particle/proxy to get more separation in flight. Hard part is my envy/proxy are melon edition and I love that look and stamp.

I've got a buddy who has. I don't see how a putter could improve on the Envy. Covers all my lines from 250' in.

I'd play just for the Plasma Axis. Could be a GOAT mid. Shock would be alright. Anode, meh.

Seems like you guys have become pretty spoiled with all the shiny new pennies. I'd love to play with that lineup. Plasma Axis is gonna be sweet enough on its own but I'd roll with the shock and Anode any day

Anode has been in my bag again since last spring.
Axis has been in my since I first got it 5 1/2 years ago.
My first Shock is FR, and I haven't been carrying it due to being redundant (and heavier) with a Teebird in the bag, but I just got another while travelling; the new one is going into my bag when it is windy as a beefy, heavier (than I normally use) Teebird substitute.
None of these are dogs, and I would love to try a Plasma Axis.
I have to go back to Iowa again in a month or two, maybe I can catch a Circuit Challenge when I do.

Shocks are a nice mold, especially if you use Volts and / or Amps. I'd usually bag one when I carried Volts, and I'd use them as a Volt OS. They're a really easy disc to forehand consistently.

So has anyone fully replaced their envy with a particle? I'm currently using a proxy/envy combo but they've got very similar in flight. I'm thinking maybe switching to soft N particle/proxy to get more separation in flight. Hard part is my envy/proxy are melon edition and I love that look and stamp.

Yep. I find more difference in flight with my Proxy / Particle combo compared to pairing the Proxy / Envy, but it is not a drastic difference.

Compared to the Envy, I find the Particle feels a little faster in the air, and fades a touch sooner and harder, but overall the flights are more similar than not.

The feel is the bigger difference for me. The Particle feels flat and sleek compared to the Envy, which already felt faster and sleeker than deeper putters like Wizards, Ions and Aviars. The Particle feels like a putter born to be thrown off the tee and flicked on short approaches, rather than a disc designed for floaty putts that can be serviceable in those roles.

The Particle is a really good mold. I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention.

Last edited:
It may be but its not something I really need. I cant really throw flicks anymore. It just kills my shoulder to throw a FH more than 150ft or so. I can still do a straight up wrist flick but only up to 100ft ish(I am definitely not Barsby, lol). The Envy does all that great for me and the particle isn't really beefy enough to fight wind any better than it.

I wonder whats up with the white overmold plastic. Dirt and wax of trees burns into it alot easier than other colors. Hence the disc "beats" in faster.
Just scuff it off with a rough sponge and it becomes little more hss again.

I think MVPS lineup is pretty well filled out there's a Disc with the right amount of whatever you need and some serious overlap between them especially with whatever the gyro adds to the physics of flight. The Particle is over shadowed by the Envy and I feel like there's only a handful of pro players with the arm to enjoy or inclination to throw MVPs more stable offerings.

I see a lot of Envy loyalists dabbling with other molds that are similar, I'm messing with the Atom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts