• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electron Atoms are a blast inside 260-70' for me on touchy forehands, and Ive had a few 300-320' ace runs with particles lately too. Hopefully I can keep that up and it'll be just as much a signature part of my game as the stand and deliver.

Dude I love your standstill game it's inspiring, thanks for doing what you do. My knees a little buggered and I've been watching your stuff ... keep it up!

I have been slowly accumulating MVP/Axiom discs over the years, and can now make a pretty complete bag. Shot a pretty good score for me last week with that line up. The only thing I really feel I miss is in the max distance category. I just really miss Terns/Shryke/Destiny I guess. Waves are great, but the MVP uniformity is somewhat of a curse. They fly too much alike lol. I feel like the molds to the left of Wave are too OS for me. Would love to be in a shop with a stack of them to compare. May work on getting more in the Octane/Catalyst class. Seems to me the Axiom molds never come out as US as described, so those haven't worked out for me. The Defy is a meathook, and I probably went too light on my Vanish for a downwind bomber. This is just for fun/change of pace anyway.

:gross:

Lol. Was hoping for better. You used to be easy! Just Fing with you.

I didn't even list the molds lol. Speaking of, that lineup was:
Octane x 2
Catalyst
Mayhem
Wave
Inertia - Pro and Neu
Volt(One Shock stable and the other fresh Amp beat)
Amp-beat
Inertia - Pro and Neu
Crave
Inspire(turning out to be useful once I got over the fact that it's not what I bought it for)
Vector/Matrix/Axis/Tangent/Tensor/Tangent/Vertex(Replacing my US Theory)
Envy(Base and Neu)

Hey I had a nice morning round up at my place with some cool older dudes from Oregon: Kevin, Wayne, Joe, and Swami. Thanks for the round and four American dollars for my Vertex ace on a short 100' tunnel. One of em was throwing 86 softies..

I also had a chance to throw my shelved 166 Switch after obsessively weighing my bag and backups and researching the Switch. I take back anything I said that was snarky about it, flies as reviewed easy tight s turnovers with a late dumpy fade what a great disc and exactly what I need right now for my standstill game. Also for radical uphill tunnel shots with an anny bias. It fits the tight Eagle slot or Relay OS that I badly needed. I posted same in my bag thread but it is in after one round.

Three cheers for the Switch! and I might necro bump the thread.

Last edited:
Plasma shocks. I like that a lot actually. Shock is a disc that gets overshadowed by the volt but I think now that it's in plasma it's gonna fit really well and compliment and amp well. Good move MVP.

It's the disc I REALLY need to complete my cart. I'm very excited about this one and hope it comes in low 150s and 160s weights so I can really hammer on it and achieve Tesla distance with more fade. :clap:

how does the clash compare to the servo? I have recently come back to MVP/Axiom after not throwing them for a while. The reason I came back to gyro was i am old and moved down in weight class and the MVP molds seems to hold a better comparison to there heavier counterparts then other brands IMO. the one exception i have found so far is the clash i have a 158 proton that is even puddle top that i was expecting to be decently overstable but instead is straight with very little finish. which leave a big gap between it and my resister. Has any one thrown the servo in litter weight that can compare.

Not in lighter weights but I have both a Clash and Servo in Neutron in the 170s and I'd say the Clash has a lot more turn and a little bit more fade than the Servo. The Clash flies like a beat Star Eagle whereas the Servo flies like a beat TL sorta.

So has anyone fully replaced their envy with a particle? I'm currently using a proxy/envy combo but they've got very similar in flight. I'm thinking maybe switching to soft N particle/proxy to get more separation in flight. Hard part is my envy/proxy are melon edition and I love that look and stamp.

I am using a particle, proxy, spin combination for my approach/ mid range game. IMO the particle is just a touch faster and feels better in a power grip then the envy. liked the flight of the envy but just prefer the particle.

any word if there are going to be some more molds in fission plastic. would love to see a fission octane.

Streamline: Drift (5-9-2018)

176.0g

21.2 dia

1.8 height

1.2 rim depth

17.7 inside rim

1.8 rim thickness

Streamline's journey into the wonderful world of Tbird clones?...:popcorn:

2018 Players Pack Includes:

Electron Firm Anode Putter
Plasma Axis Midrange
Plasma Shock Driver
I bet MVP will regret this. Who wants to go to an event like this and use 5yr old discs?...:confused:

Last edited:
Hmmm, don't get that move really.

If they were going to do old molds, the Anode isn't the one I'd do anyway.

An event is more than the pack.

Not for everybody. I did the one the first year for the novelty of it. I haven't done the ones since because I didn't want the discs offered...

The Deflector must be a stupid OS mid because there isn't any other reason I can think of why they wouldn't use it for this. Unless I guess maybe they are saving it for the Axiom vs MVP events. But it does seem rather odd that they aren't continuing with the Relay class discs for the Circuit. The "Gazelle/Tbird" like disc in that class could be a great disc...

Last edited:
You have to also consider that they've sorta set themselves up for this with cranking out so much new product each month AND for these events. At some point you're gonna get a Plasma Tensor.

It does drive me nuts seeing so many warp speed drivers released all year and having to wait for special events to get some of the discs we (or at least I) want

Status
Not open for further replies.