• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Virus requires more power to show the understability. That, IMO, is always something to consider when comparing molds.

Curious - Compare the SWITCH and the RELAY - I picked up a relay recently and like it, but sometimes almost TOO flippy - curious how the switch compares? and how is the rim/feel, the relay is really nice in that its super thin, and gets out of trouble nice.

Curious - Compare the SWITCH and the RELAY - I picked up a relay recently and like it, but sometimes almost TOO flippy - curious how the switch compares? and how is the rim/feel, the relay is really nice in that its super thin, and gets out of trouble nice.

I love the Relay. It's exactly what I was looking for in that slot. I bought a Switch the first week they were out and remember it having some fade and not much turn. I got one of the Plasma run thingies on the Neutron so maybe that's just a different disc. Relay took some getting used to for me due to my grip. Rim feels very small.

The Switch is pretty straight when new with a touch of fade. When broken in, they have some HSS with less LSS. I find that with the Relay I am able to carve lines better. It is a touch slower than the Switch and easier to get up to speed. Neither can really handle a full powered 325+ rip as well. However, I find the Relay to be sneaky long. I don't find the same with with Switch. When you can dial in how to throw it with your power is is fantastic. I normally carry 2 - beat and fresher. I tend to hyzer flip both BH and FH as my preferred method. Thrown this way they flip to flat and ride that line with a very small amount of fade. Thrown flat, they turn and then have a gentle fade. I also love to flick them. They are easy to get up to speed. The fresher ones just have less HSS and a tad more LSS. The beat ones are also great for long panning turnover shots.

I love the Relay. It's exactly what I was looking for in that slot. I bought a Switch the first week they were out and remember it having some fade and not much turn. I got one of the Plasma run thingies on the Neutron so maybe that's just a different disc. Relay took some getting used to for me due to my grip. Rim feels very small.

Exactly my experience, bought the Switch early and was disappointed, now it's in the bag as the Relays big brother. It is a tighter s disc than the Relay but capable of very straight shots, I use it uphill on an anhyzer for straight tunnels. The late fade is really workable too for a FH or sweeping late hyzer. It rounded out my bag.. Relay, Switch + whatever distance or specialty discs I'm messing with... its an underrated workhorse.

The Switch is pretty straight when new with a touch of fade. When broken in, they have some HSS with less LSS. I find that with the Relay I am able to carve lines better. It is a touch slower than the Switch and easier to get up to speed. Neither can really handle a full powered 325+ rip as well. However, I find the Relay to be sneaky long. I don't find the same with with Switch. When you can dial in how to throw it with your power is is fantastic. I normally carry 2 - beat and fresher. I tend to hyzer flip both BH and FH as my preferred method. Thrown this way they flip to flat and ride that line with a very small amount of fade. Thrown flat, they turn and then have a gentle fade. I also love to flick them. They are easy to get up to speed. The fresher ones just have less HSS and a tad more LSS. The beat ones are also great for long panning turnover shots.
I know what you mean - I went to an open field and threw the Relay the same distance as the Teleport. Granted - the relay throw was awesome deep hyzerflip and the teleport throw got a little nose up and faded but both were full throws. Relay goes quite long.

Yea, I was thinking the same. Is this a GYRO mold? With that candy rim, it's hard to tell if there are weighting agents.

yes they can add weight to proton plastic, I hope they make all future proton discs with the proton rim also.

The more I look at that pic, the more I am convinced its a Relay class. Its the only thing that makes sense. The rim edge is too narrow to be a mid and the Relay class is the next logical step for them. Also, they haven't announced what the MVP vs Axiom disc are... Relay vs _____ sounds like a good competition...

Well, it could be an Insanity, as shown off in last year's teaser, only at an angle that is harder to tell the rim width. But I am inclined to believe it's something new. Hopefully Relay OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts