• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Particle*–*Putter in Neutron Plastic
Vertex*–*Midrange in Neutron Plastic
Servo*– Fairway Driver in Plasma Plastic

2017 Axiom Player's Pack includes:
Envy*–*Putter in Neutron Soft Plastic
Theory*–*Midrange Driver in Neutron Plastic
Crave*– Fairway Driver in Plasma Plastic
Been contemplating the meaning of these 6 discs. If this is supposed to be a true competition between brands, then you would think the discs are fairly similar. As we all know the two brands don't make discs that are the same. So, does that mean the Particle is slightly more or less stable than the envy(please more)? And you would think the Vertex would be slightly less US than the theory since they already have the tangent. But who knows since they have a new class of mids?...

Electron Vector, mmmmmmm, cyclable Roc-like goodness from MVP. Sounds tasty!

Also, new putter! Anyone know what the particle is supposed to fly like yet?

Been contemplating the meaning of these 6 discs. If this is supposed to be a true competition between brands, then you would think the discs are fairly similar. As we all know the two brands don't make discs that are the same. So, does that mean the Particle is slightly more or less stable than the envy(please more)? And you would think the Vertex would be slightly more US than the theory since they already have the tangent. But who knows since they have a new class of mids?...
:doh:

I'm thinking vertex is Axis US or Matrix US. Maybe Matrix OS, regardless of what it is it seems like a speed 5. It fits that family of names really well. Particle sounds like Envy/Atom OS. I would be excited for E vectors but I can't get a good grip with the freakin wing on that thing, idk what it is. Makes me mad cause it looks so dang nice haha

I hope, no offense to those of you that can power grip an ion/anode, that its not that core...

Agreed. I'm confident it'll be on the Axiom putter core though. It's time to see some more MVP molds on it. Given that the Spin is more US than the Proxy and Anode I'm hoping the Particle will move to the OS side of the Envy.

Given that the Spin is more US than the Proxy and Anode I'm hoping the Particle will move to the OS side of the Envy.

If it is in this stability slot, I will have an emotional crisis on my hands. I'm an Envy lover from day one, but already the Proxy is slowly cutting into the Envy's action in my bag, and if they come up with an Envy OS, that'll probably knock the Envy itself out entirely.

Especially if it's well to the OS side of the Envy.

If it is in this stability slot, I will have an emotional crisis on my hands. I'm an Envy lover from day one, but already the Proxy is slowly cutting into the Envy's action in my bag, and if they come up with an Envy OS, that'll probably knock the Envy itself out entirely.

Especially if it's well to the OS side of the Envy.

I think you'll get thru it. ;)

Isn't the Envy OS enough, in general? If I had to guess, I think the next Axiom putter might be a US mold with the same core as Proxy/Envy. But, who knows?

I think you'll get thru it. ;)

Isn't the Envy OS enough, in general? If I had to guess, I think the next Axiom putter might be a US mold with the same core as Proxy/Envy. But, who knows?

It's OS enough in the short approach game, for sure. But it's at least possible that they're looking to "break into" or at least get close to the Zone market, so to speak.

My problem is, I throw a sloppy hyzer. I'm much more comfortable throwing finesse anny angles. So a beefier Envy (like a Resistor-ish putter) would appeal to me for more versatility in the <200' department.

For me, the longer the drive, the less the Envy differs from the Proxy.

Really, the Proxy is already dislodging the Envy in my bag, if I'm honest. It really wouldn't take an Envy OS to do that.

It's OS enough in the short approach game, for sure. But it's at least possible that they're looking to "break into" or at least get close to the Zone market, so to speak.

My problem is, I throw a sloppy hyzer. I'm much more comfortable throwing finesse anny angles. So a beefier Envy (like a Resistor-ish putter) would appeal to me for more versatility in the <200' department.

Really, the Proxy is already dislodging the Envy in my bag, if I'm honest. It really wouldn't take an Envy OS to do that.

Good points, thx. I'm sure Axiom is going to fill out these slots, just like MVP is.

Have you given a Tensor a go? Right now, I am carrying Tensor/Enny/Proxy/Theory as my slower approach discs and for drives on short holes.

Have you given a Tensor a go? Right now, I am carrying Tensor/Enny/Proxy/Theory as my slower approach discs and for drives on short holes.

I did have a Tensor that I lost too soon to really get to know it. I should try it again for this role, maybe.

I have to say, that though it's mostly neutral on full drives (for me, like @ 315'), I'm starting to think that the Matrix might be a better Tensor, or similar, on short approaches.

I'd put the Photon and Matrix down as the two molds that have the best release feel for me personally. I mean, only a few molds out there do I have a hard time releasing cleanly, but these two have that "tuning fork" feel of just ripping out perfect for me. The Matrix in particular, I'm finding to be so natural feeling for short, powered down flicks. And at that range, it's pretty beefy.

Have you messed with the Matrix much yet? How would you compare it to the Tensor, since it's got a home in your bag, you know it better than me.

I got on here today because I'm tired of not having an OS mid/putter from MVP and keep thinking about the Tensor. Glad the discussion is already going.

For me, the Matrix isn't much more stable than my Alias. I want something between a Verdict and Suspect. Is the Tensor it? I waited last year on buying one when the Matrix was announced. I'm just not sure I should continue the wait or if the Tensor is what I've been looking for all along.

I got on here today because I'm tired of not having an OS mid/putter from MVP and keep thinking about the Tensor. Glad the discussion is already going.

For me, the Matrix isn't much more stable than my Alias. I want something between a Verdict and Suspect. Is the Tensor it? I waited last year on buying one when the Matrix was announced. I'm just not sure I should continue the wait or if the Tensor is what I've been looking for all along.

Is the Alias pretty fade-y in short? Like, say, @ 150'?

... :)

Is the Alias pretty fade-y in short? Like, say, @ 150'?

Alias is a longer Proxy. If put on a hyzer, it will hold the line. There is a 150' hole at one of my local courses that requires a hyzer that I used to use the Alias on, but I much prefer the Envy for it now, or Harp if the wind is up enough.

Alias is a longer Proxy. If put on a hyzer, it will hold the line. There is a 150' hole at one of my local courses that requires a hyzer that I used to use the Alias on, but I much prefer the Envy for it now, or Harp if the wind is up enough.

OK, gotchya. I think the Matrix is more OS at that range.

OK, gotchya. I think the Matrix is more OS at that range.

I don't throw a Matrix(yet), but the Alias is almost fadeless.

I was throwing the Alias on < 200 ft approach shots at a field recently, trying to see if when powered down to that extent there was any fade that would kick in. There wasn't. For example: on a 175' flat release shot, maybe 2 ft of almost imperceptible fade at the end, which is nothing to count on. It really is a longer Proxy to me, as others have said.

So, I'm waiting on Axiom's version of the Matrix which will hopefully happen soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.