• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say love the names they give their discs. Even when I'm not planning on getting any more plastic I always get exited to see what they call it. And in keeping with that theme of names I really hope the next disc is called the Antimatter.

I must say love the names they give their discs. Even when I'm not planning on getting any more plastic I always get exited to see what they call it. And in keeping with that theme of names I really hope the next disc is called the Antimatter.

Hmm... Antimatter... Sounds like a distance driver to me!

I've only been playing for a year. This is my first year getting serious. I picked up the anode and I'm loving it. So much that I bought a volt and it's become basically my main driver. I just picked up a tangent which will fill the under stable mid range gap in my bag.

I'm thinking about buying a 2nd putter. Can I have some opinions? Should I get a soft anode and stick with that mold? Or should I pick up a soft ion? (This will be an actual putter, I'm using my current anode for drives and up shots)

If you like the feel of putting with your Anode try that. They are both fine putting putters, my advice to anyone would be choose which is most comfortable in your hand. I think the Anode is a little bit better for putts than the Ion because of the straighter finish and better glide, but I putt Ions because I prefer the feel.

I've only been playing for a year. This is my first year getting serious. I picked up the anode and I'm loving it. So much that I bought a volt and it's become basically my main driver. I just picked up a tangent which will fill the under stable mid range gap in my bag.

I'm thinking about buying a 2nd putter. Can I have some opinions? Should I get a soft anode and stick with that mold? Or should I pick up a soft ion? (This will be an actual putter, I'm using my current anode for drives and up shots)

I personally prefer the Anode for upshots/annys, and use an Ion for putting. I don't think you'd go wrong having both in your bag, they each have great value on the course! You can always practice some putting with both until you decide with one you feel more comfortable with inside the circle and go from there.

As for soft/medium/neutron choices I also prefer softs to medium. Neutron is great plastic, but I don't really like the feel of it when putting and only use my Neutron Ions for drives.

Thanks guys!

I like the anode but definitely took some getting used to from my soft focus. It drives great for me and has closed that midrange putter gap in my up shots. My putting is getting much better. But man, when I'm a little too close ill putt and bam it comes right back out. I will play around with the ion next time I'm at the store and see how it feels.

The volt has drastically improved my driving technique. I could only forehand at first but I'm starting to get the back hand down. The only faster disc I carry and really use for distance is a champion beast. But sometimes my volt will even go farther than that.

Now if I could just build a proper bag. :thmbup:

Just added a few MVP's to the collection. Picked up a 173g Shock,173g soft neutron Ion and a 175g neutron Ion.

Tried them out today, I was most looking forward to seeing if the shock was 1st or 2nd run and I'm almost certain it's a 1st run. When I ripped it it would fly dead straight then a slight fade left at the end. It didn't turn at all, but it sure wasn't beefy (I'm a wimp and only throw 300+) It seem like a slightly more stable volt to me. That's a first run right?

Loved the soft neutron Ion for putts and approaches, didn't get any of those nasty bounces it just hits the ground or chains and drops.

Sounds like a FR Shock.

Did you get it from a retailer that moves a lot of product, or was it probably sitting for a while?

I got it from a small disc golf company that gets lots of discs from dynamic discs. I thought it would be a 2nd run but unfortunately not. However it may end up kicking my Volt out. Now I just gotta find a 2nd run shock! Atleast now I have a 1st run to compare when picking out a new shock.

Anyone know of a site with a bunch of white MVP discs? I checked around and can only find maybe one or two. looking to put together an MVP stormtrooper bag.

Anyone know of a site with a bunch of white MVP discs? I checked around and can only find maybe one or two. looking to put together an MVP stormtrooper bag.

172g white Anode
173g/174g white Amp
176g/177g/178g white Axis
No white Ions
174g white Shock
168g white Tangent
172g white Vector
167g/176g white Volt

www.communitydiscs.com

There are more on there if you don't mind discs without the stamp, but I left those out.

Maybe you can get a couple of buds to split the cost of a wholesale order directly from MVP with you. The minimum is 32 discs.

Did you check DN, and MST?

Maybe you can get a couple of buds to split the cost of a wholesale order directly from MVP with you. The minimum is 32 discs.

Did you check DN, and MST?

Not really sure who else would split cost with me...

MSt was the first place i looked, i think all they had was a tangent in white..

Status
Not open for further replies.