• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Anyone know why the Anode is listed with different flight numbers at Infinite, than is stamped on the disc?

Also, can anyone tell me how they compare for putting and throwing to the Spin? I'm injured and can't play right now, but from some short putts I put on one, it feels like I don't need to finagle with the hyzer angle, to get it to fade into the chains like I do with my Spins. Kinda curious...
Anode is slightly more stable ion.

That is assuming stable means more fade.

I hate how we describe disc flight.

Tonight's combo is brought to you by the leading edge.... of gale force winds. It's a spidey soft hex..

170g Tempo faired well still long and easy to throw compared to the circuit 174g. Envy was solid, detour landed more shots than the hex.
View attachment 341522
hmm, someone has been in my collection....

Anode is slightly more stable ion.

That is assuming stable means more fade.

I hate how we describe disc flight.
You sure that's not the other way around? The flight numbers say the Anode is the less overstable one...

You sure that's not the other way around? The flight numbers say the Anode is the less overstable one...

Well, According to 2017 flight chart...

Capture.PNG

You would be correct.

However, I've never seen an under stable atom that flies like that until its beat in. So I duno.

Any of the anodes I've ever thrown have been ion flight with a soft fade while the Ions have always been straight.

And the atom basically envy core, but anode flight.

I got nothin.

I felt like the Ion was a bit like a beat in Challenger at full power, where the one "throw" (no real power, because I can't risk tweaking my knee) I got with the Anode felt a bit more like a Luna... Straighter, softer fade, more glide... But I really couldn't put any power into it, so it was more like a middling upshot, than a drive...

I used to really like the 170 G anodes used a soft proton and a medium proton that I used to shoot my record score way back in the day. I would say it definitely has less fade, I found the ion to be a little bit more like a wizard and the anode more of an aviar flight. Next to the spin it's stable, closer than an ion.

@lee76007 well I tried to procrastinate my way into not buying another disc, I thought my team Canada discs shipped already, then I got a text saying that they had to use a different shipping method and I ended up snagging the last MCO pixel so I'm going to see what all the fuss is about. And by fuss I mean your glowing review haha.

@ThrowaEnvy to me its the grip, just so much better than the First Run Pixel. The plate is different, I've never had a gummy disc that I can remember, but the MCO could be gummy compared to my Cosmic Atom Firm which is slick.

Even though both FRP and MCO Pixel I had and have are the same weight 173g. The MCO feels lighter, as in strong wind flip. But did just fine 15-20 mph. See what happens in three months when the 20 plus returns.

On long range putting the glide is so smooth with MCO just like my Fission Envy, I tickled chains fading in on about a 90 footer.. FRP long range putting wobbled. That had to do with poor grip, and the spacing I could feel between fingers and rim.

The MCO will not be used for standstills and approaches. I've come to realize that 2-speeds suck for me, and that is a me thing. In the past two years Nomad, Ohm, Watt, and Pixel. 3 and 4 speeds are great, and I have all lines covered.

The Atom Firm is not a good long range putter for me, pulling it for the Atom medium which is my best long range putter and I can throw. Side by side with the MCO on long range, MCO will have out thru C2 and will have this line up for about a month. See what happens in the fall with the 20 plus wind, no matter what I'll find a use for both Atom Firm and MCO, and find a place for the one that loses out on C1.

There has been a James Conrad Stamp Pixel out for about a month. A few reviews have trickle in as a solid putter with good Glide. If it shows up at our local PIAS I hope the grip sucks, I've done enough screwing around with my head.

For you or anyone else that finished my article. My longest putt ever made ranged at 105 feet Fission Envy fading in from the left, and such a smooth glide. From a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20240517_082242.jpg
    20240517_082242.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
I've had an Electron Terra about 173g for almost 3 months and read the perfect review for it. A longer distance Fireball, mine has an ending hook to it. When i had the Neutron version only gave me an ending fade. Picked up an Electron Matrix 173g at the same time dead straight. Reviews were saying the same thing.

It's too quiet on here. Here's another bragging putt photo, MCO Pixel 80 foot drop. Two rounds played on Friday, also came with a 50 and 40 foot putts, and a two putt. A 60 foot drop belongs to my Medium Atom. Most of the good putting is from having a practice basket for a year. A Sinus infection kept me from playing for a week, so I spent a lot of time with both Pixels garage and yard putting.

Somebody at our local PIAS is hemorrhaging OOP and hard to get discs for the past several months. My two best pick ups came on the same day. A Neutron Amp 173g a long sustaining turn with an ending fade. Better turn than the Signal, Relay, Rythmn, and Virus. I've not had that kind of turn since my first Signal and Virus two years ago. Neutron Shock 174g nice sustaining fade with skip. I think both disc will excel when the 20 mph Plus winds return in the fall.

The owner of two PIAS further from my home is selling off 100s of collectibles, about 1/3rd MVP/Axoim. They've either been thrown or bagged not thrown. best pickup a Lab Second Proton Crave thrown, love it. Hard to find disc, to my Shock OTB had three available, that were not there in the morning. Grabbed a pink one, on its way, the other two were gone a short time later. In plastic not thrown a Neutron Particle. Felt good thru plastic, but not paying 50 dollars to throw it.

He has some good art on some Neutron Hex meant to hang on the wall range from 60 to 80 dollars. If anybody has an interest let me know, and I'll take photos on my next visit. He only displays about 50 discs at a time, so I try to get there every few weeks.

Attachments

• 20240607_082927.jpg
    20240607_082927.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240607_083053.jpg
    20240607_083053.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
It's too quiet on here. Here's another bragging putt photo, MCO Pixel 80 foot drop. Two rounds played on Friday, also came with a 50 and 40 foot putts, and a two putt. A 60 foot drop belongs to my Medium Atom. Most of the good putting is from having a practice basket for a year. A Sinus infection kept me from playing for a week, so I spent a lot of time with both Pixels garage and yard putting.

Somebody at our local PIAS is hemorrhaging OOP and hard to get discs for the past several months. My two best pick ups came on the same day. A Neutron Amp 173g a long sustaining turn with an ending fade. Better turn than the Signal, Relay, Rythmn, and Virus. I've not had that kind of turn since my first Signal and Virus two years ago. Neutron Shock 174g nice sustaining fade with skip. I think both disc will excel when the 20 mph Plus winds return in the fall.

The owner of two PIAS further from my home is selling off 100s of collectibles, about 1/3rd MVP/Axoim. They've either been thrown or bagged not thrown. best pickup a Lab Second Proton Crave thrown, love it. Hard to find disc, to my Shock OTB had three available, that were not there in the morning. Grabbed a pink one, on its way, the other two were gone a short time later. In plastic not thrown a Neutron Particle. Felt good thru plastic, but not paying 50 dollars to throw it.

He has some good art on some Neutron Hex meant to hang on the wall range from 60 to 80 dollars. If anybody has an interest let me know, and I'll take photos on my next visit. He only displays about 50 discs at a time, so I try to get there every few weeks.
Psh lucky. Nobody does that stuff around here.

Getting an amp flippier than an OG signal though is.. ugh.

You either like the amp or dont, mine was more overstable than a motion.

Shock was always better than the volt. Though I was told the shock was the correction mold. what the volt was supposed to be.
But the shocks handfeel was always better.

I can see a few of the discs that went OOP not really being missed but by a few. but, others like the shock were definitely a head scratcher.

Never seen a disc go as far and straight yet as when my brother threw an Amp on some hole at The Canyons. They screwed up big-time when they discontinued it.
The people who love it love it, nobody else much cared for it. Super inconsistent on the molding. Joe Duer has like 200 of them though now.

Some of the MVP stuff is really really niche love.

I get it though. I putt/throw Ohm's. It's a great disc, just.. no pro's are using it. Gyro Pilot. who can be mad at that?

I'm thinking about bumping my proto switch into my bag for funzies for a bit though.

Yeah my amp wasn't very true to flight numbers, it was a good straight / stable disc... at the time though I'm not sure if I was pushing it much over 300', I still had 3 or so early run volts and they were just so much better.

Still waiting on my discs, says they are at the post office so maybe today or tomorrow. I will get the MCO pixel and some random 165g ish popular molds with the team canada stamps. Kinda like a mystery box. I'll post pics when I get em

Heading to visit family in southwestern Ohio in a week. Looking forward to Echo Valley near Dayton and Idlewild, in addition to a short course (Lake Lakengren?) near my Uncle's home. Leaning heavily on the Fission Hex this past month or so. Not as sexy as a driver cutting through the air, but often just what the doctor ordered. All the placement tee shots at Hobbs this past weekend.

Latest posts