• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Distance Drivers

Horsman

Pandamonium Discs
Gold level trusted reviewer
They are here
distance-home.jpg

bullet points from the Dealer Newsletter:

• 4 Models
• 20mm rim, 21.1cm diameter
• Motion : Overstable
• Tesla : Stable-Overstable
• Inertia : Stable-Understable
• Impulse : Understable
• Comprehensive stability spectrum
• Releases starting late March to early April, spaced apart as production allows
• Neutron Inertia PDGA Approved, release TBA soon
• Weights expected from 155g to 175g as production allows
• They bomb.

"For example, the 18.5mm (Volt, etc) and 17mm (Servo, etc) fairway classes have both required over a year of development."

From the MVP q and a thread. The step up will be the same from volt to theses as servo is to volt.

I think MVP just uses a different measurement standard.

Maybe they measure in horizontally (like an x axis) where it's traditionally measured diagonally down the wing. Not sure... wheres the z man?!

From http://www.mvpdiscsports.com/models/inertia

"The Inertia is the grand debut of our 20mm-wing distance driver class. This class of controllable distance drivers will all have a wide weight range from 155g to 175g. This allows for an unmatched GYRO™ Push to give throwers increased control in their distance drives. The Inertia's understable profile will allow high power throwers to achieve consistent hyzerflips that will carry far and accurately. Its Neutral flight for low power throwers will allow for reliably straight distance lines with accuracy."

Also nice profile pics as always on the MVP site up there. Looks tasty.

(Also news from that site switch will be out in eleven days on the 21st)

Wow. It's been so long and then they just give us the wham bam like prodigy. Boom drivers. Sort of anxious to see this gyro on a legit driver

Boom.

Can't wait. Really glad to see they're releasing the Inertia first. It's probably the one I'd use the most.

I'm going to need a bigger bag.

I appreciate that these aren't 2.4cm rimmed discs that many players (especially myself) can't get a good grip on.

Good on them for releasing them all in quick succession. After all the clamoring, people will get what they want pretty quickly.

Really curious to see how these puppies do.

I appreciate that these aren't 2.4cm rimmed discs that many players (especially myself) can't get a good grip on.

^^^^ Yes, my thoughts exactly. Glad to see there's 2 of the 4 I can likely use and that they didn't just go all "Boss" on these. Very well planned, MVP.

Between Axiom Discs, the Switch, and now 4 distance drivers, it's getting hard to keep up with these guys, and we're only 6 weeks into 2014!

about time.. but it sounds like they are about a speed 10?

If they are readily available in the 150s I am going to be so pumped. Hoping the initial release seesthem across a wide weight range. Impulse will be the only one I have a use for, but the fact that there's a flavor for every arm is very encouraging.

You never know, onemilemore. Maybe a light Inertia would suit a noodle's arm. Especially when seasoned.

Latest posts