• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Distance Drivers

Between the stabilities and the weight ranges, I would expect there to be at least two options here for every type of player (new players, being the exception).

about time.. but it sounds like they are about a speed 10?

Good logical step up, and still gives MVP time to grow into 11-13 speeds down the road.

You never know, onemilemore. Maybe a light Inertia would suit a noodle's arm. Especially when seasoned.

I'll probably need to throw some tomahawks with it out of the box to beat out some stability. With the high end plastic, MVP is always more stable than advertised for me out of the box.

I am pretty excited these are only traditional speed 10s. Might give a little more separation distance-wise between the Servo/Switch/Resistor class.

My Amps are a little scared, though.

They are here
distance-home.jpg

My wallet's anus just puckered.

This is cool, but as a member of the noodle arm club I still hope we get another speed 7 after the switch that is more understable

Aaaaahhhhhhh! Fap fap fap fap :)

I would go for a Tesla. He was a modern genius and now we finally have a golf disc to commemorate his name :D with nice stability, too.

I'm exited for you MVP guys, but I guess I don't really see the point of releasing a distance driver that is only .2cm bigger than thier fast fairway drivers. Just seems like overlap to me. Not hating, just my opinion.

rim width to overall diameter suggests this class will be closer to 11 speed than 10.

There are lots of 2.2cm rimmed discs with larger diameters that are not considered speed 12.

Idle speculation because it's a slow Monday morning. Looking at the Marshall Street chart:

Motion -> Monster/Villain
Tesla -> PD/Orc
Inertia -> Beast/Archon
Impulse -> TD2

I could actually see both the Inertia and impulse being more stable, with the Inertia being closer to a Flow or Krait and the Impulse being Beast-like. I would love to see the Impulse be on the TD2 end of the understability spectrum, though. Something good and flippy.

Oh great. More discs that I will spend money on only to learn that I can't throw them properly.

Speed 10/11? Meh.

IF they compete with any of the below-- these releases are far from "meh" considering which molds they will be within of similar speed class/power ranges. Pretty popular molds they will be stacked up next to.

Max
Avenger
Wraith
Krait
Surge SS
Avenger SS
Mamba
Boatman
Riot
Surge
Flow
Flash
Flick
Monster
Spirit
Orc
PD
Starfire
SL
Beast
Crush
Northman
TD2 Fever

IF they compete with any of the below-- these releases are far from "meh" considering which molds they will be within of similar speed class/power ranges. Pretty popular molds they will be stacked up next to.

Max
Avenger
Wraith
Krait
Surge SS
Avenger SS
Mamba
Boatman
Riot
Surge
Flow
Flash
Flick
Monster
Spirit
Orc
PD
Starfire
SL
Beast
Crush
Northman
TD2 Fever

Haha right? I knew plenty of people would chime in with "No MVP Destroyer, robble robble." But that is a pretty big cross section of bread and butter drivers right there. With how many people swear by the PD, or how many low powered players love the Mamba, speed 10/11 is a nice place to be.

I just read the MVP site's description of the Inertia, and it has me a bit more excited than I was initially. I'm sure it'll be straight with fade for me, but it will be nice for open field distance, I hope.

It's so awesome that MVP is finally getting their weights down around the board. I'll definitely pick up an inertia and impulse at 155.

black/black max weight Tesla, please.

...just take my money already.

I think it's fair to say MVP has a very well-defined and planned strategy on how they wanted to enter the DD market that was contingent on meeting some quality standards. I for one, appreciate this, which is why they'll get a good chunk of cash from me for several of these molds. Given the list AFTC posted, that's a pretty good cross section and going to be hard for folks to ignore and want to test out.

Last year, I found myself very curious about the Prodigy drivers at one point which led me to having an F7 that was more OS than an F3, a D5 that was more OS than a D4 and an M2 that I didn't know if it was really an M3 or not since they changed the name/mold at one point. For having a "well thought out naming convention" that pretty much put me off their stuff since it was just all a game of chance.

With that in mind, I know it's been a long wait, but I for one appreciate how MVP has come to do things in releasing quality, reliable, consistent molds. Doing is RIGHT is always better than doing it FIRST. I don't fear losing a disc as much now a days cause I can pick up another and know what it'll do right off the shelf. That's nice.

And, even though I probably don't have the arm to throw them, I'll probably buy a Motion and Tesla anyways just to round out the set. ;-)

I am no fan of MVP, ( big shocker I know) but this is a winning move. releases the four main stabilities,
Motion : Overstable
Tesla : Stable-Overstable
Inertia : Stable-Understable
Impulse : Understable

this is great. having a line up from Understable to Stable to Overstable is just what they needed to do.

how many of you MVP fans actually throw speed 13 discs correctly? Im guessing < 2%. just because they didnt release a disc you can OAT the hell out of doesnt mean they missed the mark. these are a great start the DD market. and prob as much disc as many of you should be throwing anyways.

I appreciate that these aren't 2.4cm rimmed discs that many players (especially myself) can't get a good grip on.
Agreed x 1000! I still don't have the arm to need these, but similar to MrFixIt:

Oh great. More discs that I will spend money on only to learn that I can't throw them properly.
I'll buy the damn things. The only difference is I'll buy them KNOWING I can't throw them properly, but the Tesla name is just too cool not to snatch up a first run of, and I'll undoubtedly convince myself that one of the others is a must try at some point. :\

Latest posts