• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Distance Drivers

I am no fan of MVP, ( big shocker I know) but this is a winning move. releases the four main stabilities,
Motion : Overstable
Tesla : Stable-Overstable
Inertia : Stable-Understable
Impulse : Understable

this is great. having a line up from Understable to Stable to Overstable is just what they needed to do.

how many of you MVP fans actually throw speed 13 discs correctly? Im guessing < 2%. just because they didnt release a disc you can OAT the hell out of doesnt mean they missed the mark. these are a great start the DD market. and prob as much disc as many of you should be throwing anyways.

Agreed on all points

MVP website lists the Volt as 18.5 and the Inertia at 20.0 and if you go back and fourth between the profile images of the discs there is quite a big difference in size. And like most MVP discs they seem to be higher speed than their measurements suggest, my guess is the Inertia will be a solid speed 11 on the innova scale.

As far as the rim angle, its the same as the volt from what i can see, so its no plus rim.

Can't wait to hyzerflip an MVP Distance Driver this spring :D

5jly.png
< Inertia
913p.png
< Volt

Wonder how far these will fly? :)

If you're throwing them? probably 575' is my guess.

I have an idea, when you get the testers you should do a giveaway thread where people have to guess how far your farthest throw will be and the first to guess it correctly before you post the video wins.

You would need to have a measuring wheel, though.

11 speed drivers are the perfect speed for anyone who doesn't get over 400' consistently. The huge rim 13 speeds are too much rim and uncontrollable, versus the slightly slower 11 speed. I don't bag anything faster than 9 speed, except for 1 wraith for max d holes. My only complaint is the Tesla... But I guess there's already a car called the volt already

If you're throwing them? probably 575' is my guess.

I have an idea, when you get the testers you should do a giveaway thread where people have to guess how far your farthest throw will be and the first to guess it correctly before you post the video wins.

You would need to have a measuring wheel, though.

nevermind.

Based on the spacing at the bottom of this image (the "relative distance potential" section), I'm guessing there's going to be a future class of 12/13-speed distance drivers (21.5mm rim). Maybe MVP will wait until next week to make that announcement.

class_switch.png

Based on the spacing at the bottom of this image (the "relative distance potential" section), I'm guessing there's going to be a future class of 12/13-speed distance drivers (21.5mm rim). Maybe MVP will wait until next week to make that announcement.

class_switch.png

To me that looks like one slot for putters, two slots for mids (Tangent/Tensor and Axis/Vector), two for fairways (1.7s vs. 1.85s) and one for distance. They could always add another notch at the end, I suppose.

Black distance driver, eh? You better keep a keen eye on it as it flies, so you don't lose it.

As long as it isn't matte black and I'm not in the deep woods after dark, not too worried about it. I have a couple dark red and blue drivers and haven't had any issues spotting them. Especially since I'm not putting them 500' down the path. Maybe it would be extra motivation for some form refinement :D

Man i need a second job.
Good going MVP you're gonna put me in the poorhouse!

this is great for me. i don't throw anything over speed 11 very well.

Hmmmm. Wonder if Axiom will have some driver coming out this year as well?

Last edited:
To me that looks like one slot for putters, two slots for mids (Tangent/Tensor and Axis/Vector), two for fairways (1.7s vs. 1.85s) and one for distance. They could always add another notch at the end, I suppose.

they dont have the last notch bc those discs dont exist yet.

they dont have the last notch bc those discs dont exist yet.

That's what I mean. I think the previous poster was trying to say the last slot on there was reserved for whatever the next class of distance driver is. I am saying that the last slot is for the current DDs and that, like you said, the last notch will have to be created when those discs come along.

So the way I read the chart in relation to the power level meter is:

Putter Mid Mid FW FW DD

Latest posts