• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Eclipse Glow Proton Ion

I am not entirely sure, we only provide MSRP figures as $16.95 for standard Proton and $21.95 for Eclipse™Glow Proton. You can find them on our order form.

That is interesting. They sell it for 4 cents more than you suggest and tell us that market value is $18.99 to suggest a savings where others sell it for $13.99.

Reminds me of the old "it's on sale trick":
25 cents or 3 for a dollar!!!!

Last edited:
"market price" is whatever the dealer feels is the average for a similar store.

free-shipping sites may have a different opinion of market price than a brick-and-mortar store.

MSRP should be thought of separately from Market Price. IMO MSRP exists to allow dealers to present a value, and to define the upper range of reasonable pricing.

in the end, these discs are a couple-three cheeseburgers to my wallet. they last, they rock. nickels n dimes.

Champ glow and Z glow both cost more than there standard issue counterparts so if eclipse glow cost a few dollars more then that's fine by me. Glow discs are almost impossible to lose so its not like I'd need to buy them all the time anyway.
Looking forward to picking a couple up and finally making the switch from my r pro :)

I just got a soft and a medium in the mail. In terms of feel they are identical to all the other Ions...The look on the other hand...It's hard to believe that changing the color of the overmold would change how the discs look so much, but they do. The colors even look different...Orange seems to glow and pink really looks pink. I love the stamp as well...Though it's simple, it's probably my favorite one that Zam has made for MVP to date. I'm a sucker for circles, and the pixelated flames are another great touch. I've got glow golf tomorrow night to test them out!

I got mine today as well, 1 Soft and 1 Medium. Fully agree that they feel identical to current production Ions.

Handed one to a Vibram loyalist and he was floored, so I'd call that a win. Everybody I work with was really impressed by the look of the disc and its glow. The OmegaSS/Wiz-loyal guys who don't throw MVP said it was by far the coolest-looking disc they've produced. Like Discspeed said, the white rim does give a different visual vibe than the blacks.

One thing several of us remarked about was that it seems like it'd be less "camo" at night, since it's a glowing ring rather than just a glowing shape. Camo is all about disguising the shape of an object -- the glow rim sticks out more than a solid glow.

I just got done throwing my glow Ions in the daylight...They fly very nice. There is not really a discernible flight difference between the glows and newer Ions. I was throwing them with the ones in my bag, and if anything the glows seem like they might start out a little less LSS than the regular ones. I haven't thrown them alongside any brand new Ions to say for sure though.

I still have a clear soft that's pretty new I'll be comparing mine against. Nothing but rain today but I'm probably going to still throw a few tosses.

Initial testing shows these are quite bright and hold their glow for a long time. I don't have any glow Wizards left but those were always the best glow discs I had used as far as how brightly and how long they held their glow. These will definitely be at least as good as those. In the first picture of them glowing I didn't even go to a dark room, didn't need to.

eySCv.jpg

0fAXY.jpg

uNLma.jpg

mCnBL.jpg

what about wear over time on the rim,will that effect the glow in any significant manner?

not sure if that's a dumb question,just curious :|

Beyond dirt covering it up and shadows from texture wear shouldn't affect the glow at all. Really looking forward to picking up a few of these myself, gonna need an entire glow MVP bag eventually :D

Held a 180 lumen LED light up to the rim for 10 seconds and after 15 minutes they're still glowing good.

Latest posts