• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP heavy duty basket - 30 chain "Portal"

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Per dealer release [no other real info given] The MVP Black Hole™ Disc Golf Basket Series will expand in 2016 to include two Portal models, Portable and Permanent. Course owners have been asking for a heavy duty theft- and vandal-resistant basket for course installations, and the Portal is our answer.

Both Portal models will feature three complete tiers of fully symmetric chains. Most other baskets do not have three complete tiers which creates weak spots for pole bounces and spit outs. Since it has the highest chain density on the market, pole bounces and spit outs are nearly non-existent with the Black Hole™ Portal. It will be the first basket on the market to feature 30 strands of stainless steel chain, which will offer an extended life of high visibility on the course.

Prototypes have proven extremely durable and high quality, and we're excited to bring these to market this year. If you've got a course, start thinking in Portals!

:popcorn:

Sounds like these will compete with other top level baskets for long term installation.

It will have to be corrosion resistant if its being offered as a permanent basket for course installation. Not a fan of the black band though if thats going to be the same as other models. Hard to see id think...

30 chains, eh? My Ching Chainmaster has 32 in two rows, and it's like a net (best catching basket I've putted on). Hopefully these are similar.

Im curious how the 3 different tiers will be layed out.

"Fully symmetric" as in when cut in half at any angle?

Black is a ridiculous color. They might not be "tough" to see, but neon yellow is certainly easier:

picture.php

I doubt the chains will be stainless steel. that would be cost prohibitive.
I also dislike the black band.
It speaks volumes about the designers motives.
Is it function, or fashion.
A black rim reeks of trying to look "cool"
And frankly thats a stupid dated look anyways.
If they wanted funtion it would be dayglow bright colored.
I hate the DD baskets for the same reason.

Why would MVP lie about chains being SS? Possible typo but doubtful.

Also the black baskets [dds included] actually look really fresh and clean but understand your rant. Cant hate on some sexy GYRO tho thats just being silly.

I like the looks of the MVP baskets, and the stainless steel chains sound great. Black doesn't bother me at all as I use my basket totally for putting practice and I can see any color at 50 feet or less.:D If I didn't already have my Innova Discatcher sport modified with extra chains I would be a potential customer.

Latest posts