• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP heavy duty basket - 30 chain "Portal"

I only see the black top ring as a visibility issue, but I imagine it's easier to see than any of the DGA baskets (which I don't hear anyone here complaining about even though they can be tough to see). I also imagine black might be more marketable to parks departments who might not like the eye-popping colors of other companies. Just a thought...

They're stainless steel chains. They've been testing chain types and configurations for quite a while. IME with making homemade baskets, SS chains are a tad heavier than normal galvanized chain of equal size. Zinc plated chains are half the weight and usually are where you'll see more spit-outs. SS can get pricey so hopefully they're not $400 baskets.

Too heavy of chains can reject those softer putts if the strands are not configed correctly

I know what is going on here....

... next year Axiom will debut color infused overmolded baskets...

:D:D

Regarding the chains:

Yeah, Galvanized wears off eventually. Although, it takes a looooong time. But with repeated exposure to the elements, and constant contact with discs, the process is sped up. Zinc coated is just a lighter application of Zinc applied to the steel or iron in a different way. And we all know it doesn't last. A true stainless steel is awesome to hear. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup: Don't have to worry about the issue. Although, I supposed replacing chains 50 years down the road seems as though you got your money's worth. Still, I am digging true stainless chains. I love when companies make products to last.

Last edited:
Any word on how the basket will fit together? I'm liking what I'm hearing, but I hope it's pins or bolts compared to all the pieces screwing together.

Any word on how the basket will fit together? I'm liking what I'm hearing, but I hope it's pins or bolts compared to all the pieces screwing together.

There are some photos on their website that appear to show pins/bolts for putting it together.

Cage is too shallow. Reminds me of the old Titans. Nice chains, shallow basket.

Pshht. Not all of us put our face in the book. :\

Maybe they'll post the full vid on YouTube.

Yea its on the MVP youtube channel. Was actually just watching some of it. Its an hour long...

...I bet you could get really sloshed playing a drinking game using GYRO as the drink word...:D

Latest posts