• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

AFAIK, the Insanity and Inertia share the same core, and the wings (overmold) of each are just slightly different. They feel the same in the (my) hand, very interchangeable.

I just had to bump this thread. By chance I got a almost new Plasma Inertia for 5$.

It impressed me enough to steal that last driver spot in my bag. Like a slightly slower and less flippy than my beat in Bolt (whose spot it stole).

Tested it in moderate headwind and it hyzerfliped up to Lazer beam mode even in the headwind, where even a new Bolt would turn before the fade.

I'm really curious if this could become my main US DD next to my flows, which plastic is slightly more stable than Plasma?

Hmmm. Every inertia I have thrown would flip in a head. Havent thrown a plasma inertia though.

The heavier you go the more stable they are across most of their molds. Proton might be a tad more stable. Proton > Neutron > Plasma but that's really just splitting hairs. Weight has the most impact on stability in my experience

I've only thrown Proton and Neutron. Both my Protons are more stable/overstable than both my neutrons. I STILL think MVP needs to make a disc between the Inertia and the Wrath. Like a beat in Wrath or Stable as heck Inertia. Because I love those discs, but the inertia gets a little too flippy sometiems

I've only thrown Proton and Neutron. Both my Protons are more stable/overstable than both my neutrons. I STILL think MVP needs to make a disc between the Inertia and the Wrath. Like a beat in Wrath or Stable as heck Inertia. Because I love those discs, but the inertia gets a little too flippy sometiems
Get a high 150's low 160's Wrath. Should get you pretty close to what you're looking for.

I have a 153g Resistor and it goes super straight powered up with a fade at the end just nowhere as extreme as my 172g. Much more distance before the fade too. I favor it over my Crave most of the time

Get a high 150's low 160's Wrath. Should get you pretty close to what you're looking for.

I have a 153g Resistor and it goes super straight powered up with a fade at the end just nowhere as extreme as my 172g. Much more distance before the fade too. I favor it over my Crave most of the time

yeah that was my thought, I was looking for a 160s wrath but nothing really fit the colors im looking for, I know, dumb reason for some but, until I find it ill just beat up my wrath a bit more, but ive been using a S-line TD (yeah...std) and its really nice, just get a max weight one otherwise it turns a lil much, 175g TD is super nice

yeah that was my thought, I was looking for a 160s wrath but nothing really fit the colors im looking for, I know, dumb reason for some but, until I find it ill just beat up my wrath a bit more, but ive been using a S-line TD (yeah...std) and its really nice, just get a max weight one otherwise it turns a lil much, 175g TD is super nice

The newer std's seemed to have more turn than the older std's.

I really liked the old std's as they were pure straight at 335 with minimal turn and even held up in a decent head wind.

The inertia turns a little more than the std and has slightly more fade.

Its a little faster but the Defy fits between the Wrath and Inertia well as far as stability goes.

Its a little faster but the Defy fits between the Wrath and Inertia well as far as stability goes.

I have a few Defy's To me they are a faster Wrath with more fade. I find the Defy more OS than a Wrath. Closer to a Tesla. But that's me I guess.

Sounds right to me. A new wrath is more like a tesla but should lose some fade. Defy is like a faster seasoned tesla.

Interesting. Maybe it was just the particular Defy's I threw, but they seemed to have about the same or a touch less fade than my Wraths, and none of them had what I'd consider true 0 hss like I feel the Wrath has. They're fun to shape lines with because on a hard, flat throw they'd turn a little and glide, but always come back.

What about a Trace? I've only tossed them a few times but they might work here too.

I think the trace fits right in between the tesla and inertia. It's got a bit of wiggle in the hss like a seasoned tesla and a mild lss like an inertia

A fission tesla also does everything from OS to US depending on wt/dome.

Trace is faster like defy/photon/wave.

When i threw a lot of the 10 speeds motion or telsa +wrath (beat up) or my old proto plasma teslas with dome+ inertia or insanity(seasoned)/virus worked perfect for OS to US. Add in the volt and done deal.

Interesting. Maybe it was just the particular Defy's I threw, but they seemed to have about the same or a touch less fade than my Wraths, and none of them had what I'd consider true 0 hss like I feel the Wrath has. They're fun to shape lines with because on a hard, flat throw they'd turn a little and glide, but always come back.

What about a Trace? I've only tossed them a few times but they might work here too.

My Defy's are 174g Neutrons. They can be RIPPED and they stay at 0 for HSS, its crazy the lines I get, but the fade is always there. I parked Hole 24 at BRP twice with a Defy, both rounds, the shot was parked. I really like the DEfy. Now I DO have a 166 Defy and it has much more lateral movement, more like what you describe, but still more fade than a wrath. So I guess a beat or lightweight DEfy would fly solid slight S's. I like the Defy for it's HSS so I like em heavy. I still want to try a Trace, but the grip/feel of the Fireball,TEsla,wrath,inertia, same rim feel fore the most part, im liking those

Maybe it was the particular pair I had or the distance I was throwing them, but throws like this (~460') and this (~440') are why I brought it up. The Defy always felt like a speed 12 Servo to me. Just enough high speed wiggle to work some lines, but not so much I ever fear for it coming back.

A fission tesla also does everything from OS to US depending on wt/dome.

Trace is faster like defy/photon/wave.

When i threw a lot of the 10 speeds motion or telsa +wrath (beat up) or my old proto plasma teslas with dome+ inertia or insanity(seasoned)/virus worked perfect for OS to US. Add in the volt and done deal.

You "threw" the motion. Lolzzz. Whatever you want to call it!

Reckon I'll bump this thread cuz I'm thinking the Inertia might be my next driver purchase. So, a slightly faster, slightly longer Valk seems to be the consensus. Would that be a fair assessment?

Anyone still throwing the Inertia?

it is my main back hand distance driver. love the distance i get out of a smaller controllable rim. just picked up a plasma can wait to throw it.

it is my main back hand distance driver. love the distance i get out of a smaller controllable rim. just picked up a plasma can wait to throw it.

I prefer smaller rims too, plus I'm kinda old. How's it in a moderate headwind for a moderate arm?

Latest posts