• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

It's not really a dome. Flat by other disc standards.

It's not really a dome. Flat by other disc standards.

True. even the "domey" volts or photons etc per marketing descriptions are very mild and nothing like you see with other companies. In the hundreds of MVP discs ive handled and sold Ive come across ONE actual domey MVP disc and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Not sure how many are out there but it was a neutron insanity with a real pop top and actually flew more OS. :confused:

Yeah, even my Plasma Volt only has a slight dome... But my 132g Photon has quite a bit of dome, which I attribute to the extreme light weight.
I may pick up a Plasma Inertia...my Neutron is beat into a hyzer flip machine anyway.

167 N Inertia

Throwing probably 330-350 range.

On a straight throw, got good turn and good fade back, pretty much how a Valkyrie/Beast (Old New) should be flying. Can hold an anny to the ground. Favorite was throwing with a little hyzer and getting it to flip flat and go. Great distance driver in the 10 speed (?) range.

^Nice. Looks like you've gained a bit of arm speed to be getting up to 350. :thmbup:

The Inertia is still one of my faves even though I currently don't bag it in my minimalist setup.

I agree. I was doing some field work today and the Inertia was consistently the longest disc in my bag.

^Nice. Looks like you've gained a bit of arm speed to be getting up to 350. :thmbup:

The Inertia is still one of my faves even though I currently don't bag it in my minimalist setup.

Yep, I'm slowly getting up there in distance. I was surprised how far the Inertia was going.

I agree. I was doing some field work today and the Inertia was consistently the longest disc in my bag.

It flies like a Star Valkyrie should. Turn, fade, glide. That's all you need.

How different is the plasma?

Had some consistency issues with the proton in the past.

Might be worth a try. The proton would sometimes hold a hyzer unexpectedly. Probably my fault though.

Its not really US until beat up IMO.

Gotta agree with this. I prefer Neutrons in the 166-168 range and they have a gentle fade at the end. Once beat in they can easily hyper flip to straight on a calm day. Depending on the wind they can gently fade or gently turn over. They are great for flicking too. They hold a sweet anhyzer flick shot that has gotten me out of trouble many a time.

Gave my Neutron 167 Inertia test in the woods and I'm impressed by it's flight. I started trusting it's hyzer flip (takes me a bit to warm up to a disc's hyzer flip) and had some of my longest shots on two holes. Very controllable for the amount of open distance it's capable of.

I throw a 171 Champion Tern and that is perfect for me (as long as the conditions are calm)...What weight would make the most sense with this disc? I am looking at a 168 and a 173

Is your tern US or OS? I wouldnt say the inertia is really comparable but understand where you would look to match it up with a tern ITB as a GYRO option. Wave is really closer in how a star/beat tern will fly IMO.

For the most part outside of 150 class inertias you will get some slight turn and fade for a straight finish. 150s can be a little less HSS.

Latest posts