• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Welp after toying around with all the new stuff ive gone back to an old favorite. Picked up a pair of proton inertias and a used neutron which have rekindled my loveee.

Damn these go far and hold up a little better to power/wind over other similar MVP/axiom. It rolls well when seasoned and straight tight flexing hyzer flips or flat panning anhyzers are $. Insanity was fun but seasoned more into what is now the virus in my bag. Tesla/inertia/virus are my 10 speeds and feels nice to have it locked down. All the new releases have made for some crazy bag changes but really helped see what molds could work best. So many nice options doesnt make it easy!

Guess its time to check out a plasma inertia!

Can anyone comment on flight? Domed like volts/amps?

Yeah, Inertia's a heckuva flyer. I'm keeping it simple too with only Tesla/Inertia/Servo as drivers in the MVP bag.

Welp after toying around with all the new stuff ive gone back to an old favorite. Picked up a pair of proton inertias and a used neutron which have rekindled my loveee.

Damn these go far and hold up a little better to power/wind over other similar MVP/axiom. It rolls well when seasoned and straight tight flexing hyzer flips or flat panning anhyzers are $. Insanity was fun but seasoned more into what is now the virus in my bag. Tesla/inertia/virus are my 10 speeds and feels nice to have it locked down. All the new releases have made for some crazy bag changes but really helped see what molds could work best. So many nice options doesnt make it easy!

Guess its time to check out a plasma inertia!

Can anyone comment on flight? Domed like volts/amps?

I hosted a Circuit event last weekend and came away with a Plasma Inertia. TBH, in the whirlwind since, it's been shelved. I'll take it out this weekend and report back.

I followed the exact path you did re: Insanity/Virus. They're in, Inertia is out. I never got down with the Tesla, although I tried. Spread of weights in Photon have me covered as stable as I need for general use, Shock covers the rest.

I can say, I was surprised based on my understanding that Plasma's were intentionally domier, that the Plasma Tesla I handed out there was flat. The Tangent's OTOH, were nice and rounded. I put the Tangent back in between a Theory and Axis just because it was so pretty.

I got one of these at PIAS, someone sold their PDGA disc, and though I've only had a few throws it's got some pretty good distance potential.

Easy to hyzer flip but not silly flippy. I really like the grip. Don't know if it will knock out my Jun/Napalm but I'll give it a good shot.

Really easy to make it weave through tunnels so far.

Thats been my experience exactly with this disc, too.
Really becoming a go to disc for me in the woods and for long dead straight shots.

I got one of these at PIAS, someone sold their PDGA disc, and though I've only had a few throws it's got some pretty good distance potential.

Easy to hyzer flip but not silly flippy. I really like the grip. Don't know if it will knock out my Jun/Napalm but I'll give it a good shot.

Really easy to make it weave through tunnels so far.

Those are all 150 class too i think? You might really enjoy a heavier one.

Still think Inertia's the best of the speed 9-10 MVP stuff. Tight turnovers all day, nice sweeping hyzers too. Haven't tried any of the 21.5 drivers yet though.

Man.. Proton photons seem to go real far. Its weird being they almost look identical to neutron. Slightest dome ever snd boooooom

I like the 150s in these cause when you are looking at a long tunnel shot, its better to just take a nice smooth hyzer flip with snap and its effortlessly straight with distance but you can keep it pretty low with practice.

I just got one in Proton (also 150s) and will see if there is any difference.

I'll eventually add Wave or Photon for max D...probably Photon. Wave might be a little too US, from what I've read and seen.

I think you're probably right, this one's a 155 on my scale, and I don't have to put anything into it except some wrist snapto get 325 feet. If I put full power to I'm sure I can get it to go at least 375. I'll have to keep my eyes open and see if I can get a heavier one for as good a deal as this one was.

The proton photon looks pretty nice too, I guy know just ran a circuit And might have to hit him up as soon as I have another payday.

By the way my buddy that you shipped me the anode for Christmas time nailed a bunch of birdie putts for us in doubles today, thanks for that.

I like the 150s in these cause when you are looking at a long tunnel shot, its better to just take a nice smooth hyzer flip with snap and its effortlessly straight with distance but you can keep it pretty low with practice.

I just got one in Proton (also 150s) and will see if there is any difference.

Finally got out to try the proton Inertia and it seems a lot more touchy than the neutron.
Didn't want to hyzer flip as easily (even though its only 156g) and was a lot more sensitive to nose angle.
IDK, maybe I just had an off day, but it was not as point and shoot as my PDGA Inertia has been.
However, when I did hit it just right it was longer than the neutron for sure.

Finally got out to try the proton Inertia and it seems a lot more touchy than the neutron.
Didn't want to hyzer flip as easily (even though its only 156g) and was a lot more sensitive to nose angle.
IDK, maybe I just had an off day, but it was not as point and shoot as my PDGA Inertia has been.
However, when I did hit it just right it was longer than the neutron for sure.

That seems odd. My 156g and 157g Proton Inertias are both flip machines. I love them for tight wooded shots that need a great hyper flip. I do have to say, that it did take a few outings to season them up, but they have been great.

Think you just gotta knock the new off of it

yup. protons can be a little OS when new in general but a little seasoning goes a long way. My FR proton volt is still flying nice. The inertias are best when a little seasoned for sure. only thrown a few 150 inertias and they were pretty sensitive in general for my power so always preferred the 170+

Stock plasma back friday. Glad i added inertias back in the bag.

For the Plasma Inertia we have added a bit of shoulder, similar to the Axiom Insanity, but retained its relatively flat flight plate.* This lends a bit more loft during flight to suit the Inertia's intended performance

After watching Stokely's In The Bag, I picked up an Impulse. The first round after that I was throwing with my brother, and we each threw it a few times. That resulted in me also picking up an Inertia and he's ordering one of each.

I've no idea what the different plastics are like for MVP. Both of mine are Neutron--how does that compare with other options?

Proton is pretty much incidental flying. Plasma have a little dome. Great complementary mold to impulse which is pretty US.

Latest posts