• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

I'm finding that the Escape actually has a bit more glide. I also recall the Escape having a bit more turn than the Proton Volt. As for eye candy, I'd call it a draw.

I agree with this, the escape goes pretty far... its just not so good in the wind. Id say the escape has a little more stability than the neutron volt.. but neither are great with wind. The proton volt will definitely fight the wind better than either of these.

I know for sure they are bonding the overmold differently compared to my midrange protons, the overmold bond looks different! theres hatching with multiple points of contact instead of a steady single contact band around the rim, this may increase consistency of how the overmold sits.

28rie6w.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this, didn't know if this was something they had done in the past.

^^A theory: Maybe it has always been like this on the drivers and we just haven't been able to see it before.

Could be true. I thought I heard something about them changing up the molding method to get a more consistent plh on the drivers in both proton and neutron. I believe discspeed was saying something along those lines.

Okay, so I love the Neutron Volt I have. Should I be concerned that they may not fly the same anymore?? The Proton Volt isn't really cutting it for me. I'm getting considerable less distance..

mvp's marketing is fabulous. theyre gonna suck $100 dollars from my bank every couple months as they drop eclipse volts and proton shock and then proton tensor and eclipse tensor and eclipse amp.. and so on... and then the big driver will cycle through all three variations.

people who throw volts a lot, and have now thrown the proton volt have to be excited about all the new plastic variations because youll be able to have every different stability in the tiniest of increments, while bagging under 10 molds.

i took my proton volts to a local 18 and laid up the first 9, didn't even use a putter or mid until the back 9.. straight p volt massacre.

Okay, so I love the Neutron Volt I have. Should I be concerned that they may not fly the same anymore?? The Proton Volt isn't really cutting it for me. I'm getting considerable less distance..

Stick with the neutrons if you don't like the protons, bunny! Use the protons in wind maybe?

mvp's marketing is fabulous. theyre gonna suck $100 dollars from my bank every couple months as they drop eclipse volts and proton shock and then proton tensor and eclipse tensor and eclipse amp.. and so on... and then the big driver will cycle through all three variations.

people who throw volts a lot, and have now thrown the proton volt have to be excited about all the new plastic variations because youll be able to have every different stability in the tiniest of increments, while bagging under 10 molds.

i took my proton volts to a local 18 and laid up the first 9, didn't even use a putter or mid until the back 9.. straight p volt massacre.

Good job bunny!! Sounds dominant.

Stick with the neutrons if you don't like the protons, bunny! Use the protons in wind maybe?

It sucks though, I really wanted to like the Protons.. Really bad I tell ya! It's still in the test slot of the bag though. The two surges made it into the Bag. I was getting good distance and pulled it out a few times. Not sure exactly when I'll use it.. So that's good news for the Proton.. It just has to be better then a Valkyrie.. Not difficult!

Just keep throwing it until you like it, bunny.

That I will do. Any special way you throw it? Slight anny or slight hyzer. Completely flat. Any suggestions? Once I find a way to throw it, it'll break in enough to work as I hoped it would.

That I will do. Any special way you throw it? Slight anny or slight hyzer. Completely flat. Any suggestions? Once I find a way to throw it, it'll break in enough to work as I hoped it would.

I've had the best results throwing it flat, so that is what I have been trying to do on every release. The only problem is when I try to release it flat, often times it results in me releasing it with a slight anhyzer. Even then, I have still been able to shape similar lines, but of course not every throw has been perfect. I've also had a lot of success keeping it on lower, straight lines, where I have been able to get a lot of glide out of the P Volt.

I've personally had the most success throwing it flat but obviously what works for me may not work for you, so I would just continue to work it in the field until you become more comfortable with it.

Quick tip to break a disc in... Spend about 20 minutes smashing it into chains from about 5' out. It will only take subtle visual damage, but the improved flight characteristics will be awesome.

Put a proton Volt inline with and five feet past the basket on tricky shot today for a drop-in deuce. Slight quartering headwind, flipped to flat, NEVER turned, forward faded gently at the end.

Only throw I've made with it so far, but it's under par.

I've had the best results throwing it flat, so that is what I have been trying to do on every release. The only problem is when I try to release it flat, often times it results in me releasing it with a slight anhyzer. Even then, I have still been able to shape similar lines, but of course not every throw has been perfect. I've also had a lot of success keeping it on lower, straight lines, where I have been able to get a lot of glide out of the P Volt.

I've personally had the most success throwing it flat but obviously what works for me may not work for you, so I would just continue to work it in the field until you become more comfortable with it.

How about up hill, down hill, or flat ground?

I'll take up your advice, which is what I was going to do anyways when I get the time. Makes me think we are on the same page.

If you have to put this much work or thought into it, it may not be the disc for you.

Personally, I was excited for this at first but now hearing how much more overstable these have turned out to be I'm not really interested. I'll stick with my Neutron Volts. Different strokes for different folks.

If you have to put this much work or thought into it, it may not be the disc for you.

Personally, I was excited for this at first but now hearing how much more overstable these have turned out to be I'm not really interested. I'll stick with my Neutron Volts. Different strokes for different folks.

I was hoping it would be less stable. Oh wells.

Me too. I thought we were looking at a Teebird like disc. Just faster. It's similar to the Shock for me.

Just gonna keep on throwing it I guess!