• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

This disc is fun but I think the n volts are still my favorite. I have a blue 173 that is I'd assay-2/2 and is my most thrown driver. This p volt is great when I need dead straight with a nice fade. It's fitting where is imagine a beat shock would be in like 43 years!!

damn these things are sweet. perfect spot between neutron volts and shocks.

thinkin about dropping all the super fast stuff again and just using this..

I played leagues yesterday with all MVP and did well. Used my Quasar for one FH though, cheated :p

These things rock for FH control drives. So predictable and easy to throw.

The coolest shot I had was with an Ion though. Uphill anhyzer jump putt through 3 mature, leafy trees from 80' out. It was retarded.

Proton Volts are the best fairways MVP has made yet. I may sound like a fanboy.. but they are exactly what i wanted the neutron volts to be and i couldn't be happier with them alongside the neutrons. They are the most useful disc i have ever thrown.. now i understand why people like teebirds so much!

glad to have a better teebird in the bag :)

damn these things are sweet. perfect spot between neutron volts and shocks.

thinkin about dropping all the super fast stuff again and just using this..

Do it bunny god! I only use my dominator or groove when I throw in naughty areas.

I love my Neutron Volt still and think it will remain my go-to but I have some shots in mind for the Proton Volt.

Got about 20 throws in yesterday, this exactly what i was expecting, i can really rip on it and get great distance without it turning over! With my power it doesn't really come close in stability to my shock and it sits perfectly between my n volt and n shock, great job MVP!

I took out a brand new N volt (just came in on wed.) and it doesn't have as much turn as my older N volts either.. its flying maybe a tick less stable than the protons, but still more stable in general than my older neutrons (maybe because its less beat)

possibly they tweaked the mold in general to make it a little more HSS.. or have developed a better way of molding it or the way they bond the over-mold is more precise, im not sure. although the PLH on all the proton volts is a little hair higher, so the plastic definitely settles in a little differently than neutron.

I know for sure they are bonding the overmold differently compared to my midrange protons, the overmold bond looks different! theres hatching with multiple points of contact instead of a steady single contact band around the rim, this may increase consistency of how the overmold sits.

anyways.. they are doing better things every time a new release comes out and im excited for their future

I took out a brand new N volt (just came in on wed.) and it doesn't have as much turn as my older N volts either.. its flying maybe a tick less stable than the protons, but still more stable in general than my older neutrons (maybe because its less beat)

possibly they tweaked the mold in general to make it a little more HSS.. or have developed a better way of molding it or the way they bond the over-mold is more precise, im not sure. although the PLH on all the proton volts is a little hair higher, so the plastic definitely settles in a little differently than neutron.

I know for sure they are bonding the overmold differently compared to my midrange protons, the overmold bond looks different! theres hatching with multiple points of contact instead of a steady single contact band around the rim, this may increase consistency of how the overmold sits.

anyways.. they are doing better things every time a new release comes out and im excited for their future

agreed, shouldn't be too long before they start looking for players to sponsor them, it would grow the company significantly

agreed, shouldn't be too long before they start looking for players to sponsor them, it would grow the company significantly

Would it really though? I think the DGCR set might know who those players are, but 95% of the DG playing public won't know Joe Pro from Adam. I think MVP can still grow without pro sponsorships, especially because pro sponsorships would cut into the MVP profits.

Anybody know how the proton volt compares to a lucid escape? (besides the former being better eye candy) I'd guess that the p. volt would have a bit more glide, but what about the fade and turn?

Anybody know how the proton volt compares to a lucid escape? (besides the former being better eye candy) I'd guess that the p. volt would have a bit more glide, but what about the fade and turn?

I'm finding that the Escape actually has a bit more glide. I also recall the Escape having a bit more turn than the Proton Volt. As for eye candy, I'd call it a draw.