• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

The N volts tend to like a bit more height to give them room to gently turn over then come back, unless you hit that perfect hyzer flip to flat. The P volts are much easier to toss low and flat for that kind of line. I think you'll like them based on what you find lacking in the N's.

The N and P Volts make a fantastic control driver combo IMO.

So would you say that makes the Proton Volts better for steep downhills? Theres one hole (hole 4) at the local course here in Korea that is about a 350-370 steep downhill with a hefty water carry. I've been using my N Volt for this shot (I know, most of you would use a mid) but throwing it downwards it sometimes gets squirrely and lands ont he fairway but with a gnarly putt for birdie. Would a P Volt perform better for this, in your opinion?

So would you say that makes the Proton Volts better for steep downhills? Theres one hole (hole 4) at the local course here in Korea that is about a 350-370 steep downhill with a hefty water carry. I've been using my N Volt for this shot (I know, most of you would use a mid) but throwing it downwards it sometimes gets squirrely and lands ont he fairway but with a gnarly putt for birdie. Would a P Volt perform better for this, in your opinion?

i throw my ion downhill, just goes dead straight till it hits the ground

LOL i got bored

9lm.png

Stable to slightly overstable speed 7-10 are my favorite rollers, I don't like understables as much because they aren't as easy to roll that straight. TB's and Stalkers are great for these too :)

my buddy that has a canon easy 500+ distance was ripping the crap out of the volt tonight in the field. he could not get it to turn from a flat release. dead straight with a tiny fade. he was throwing pds along side them and they were nearly identical in flight. he was throwing spds.

as for me ho hum breaking 330 is a good day for me and these were getting out there. love ripping on this disc and knowing its not turning for me. it reminds me of my vector in that sense. SHOCK, N/P VOLT, AMP combo is as good as any offering out there!! Thanks MVP now gimme an PROTRON AMP!!! PLEASE

Gonna go out and throw the new Volt!

Attachments

• 977911_10201525257962409_173978895_o.jpg
    977911_10201525257962409_173978895_o.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 35
Dido to that...just found this in the mailbox, thanks to Justin at communitydiscs.com

Attachments

• securedownload.jpeg
    securedownload.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 30
I don't know exactly what to think. It feels really nice and is extremely flat. The thing is OS though. It's like a faster Eagle from my experience with that disc. I can shape that line with my Neutron Volt on a slight Hyzer but it'll go further.

Care to read this and give some thought.

What D are you getting out of your Volts? If you're throwing the Protons in the 300-330' range I could see them flying beefy, since my Neutrons fly like Teebirds for my friends throwing in that range.

I could not resist this disc, even though I still have managed to not loose my trusty, early release, Neutron Volt from DN. Only problem is now I will need to make a decision between them...

I was going to get a Shock and Amp too, then I thought I should wait until they are available in Proton too.

After a brief field session with this candy.....it flies exactly as billed. Straight with dependable fade.

Not sure it will overtake my rivals but it is a sexy disc.

What D are you getting out of your Volts? If you're throwing the Protons in the 300-330' range I could see them flying beefy, since my Neutrons fly like Teebirds for my friends throwing in that range.

My Neutron Volt has an S-Curve on it when I get a real nice Snap out of it. I remember it flying like a Teebird at times though. With the Proton I was getting a little over 300'. With Neutron I've hit 400' a few times. Of course I only had like 8 throws with Proton. I'm not disappointed with the disc by any means though.