• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Just got back from 18 and about 30 throws in the field with the p volts. I was throwing an orange 174 and a uv blue 171. I also threw 2 n volts tonight one was 169 one 175.

First the p volt would not turn for me at all no matter how hard i ripped it. I max out around 350 so take that into account. Discspeed is right for me it was no turn with a nice forward fade that id rate at 2 maybe 2.5. It flew more stable than my n volts for sure, the n volts for me turn maybe a 2, fade a 2.5. i was throwing the p volts a little shorter than my n volts. My n volts are both about 8/10. the thing i loved about them on the course is i could lay into them harder than my n volts cause i knew i did not have to worry about compensating for the turn.

I am not trying to sound like a fanboy but this disc is the teebird replacement i have been waiting for. Teebirds never felt great to me, i loved the flight but could never get to liking the feel. these fly identical to my old champ tee birds, but i feel i am putting less effort to get the same result i got from teebirds.

uv blue looks cool, but be careful around dusk!!!! almost lost it on its maiden voyage!!

Last edited:
How will the P Volt fly for someone who can throw 400ft?

I can get my PDs out to 400 on a good rip. I'm wondering if the P Volt will be similar or will fly shorter.

How will the P Volt fly for someone who can throw 400ft?

I can get my PDs out to 400 on a good rip. I'm wondering if the P Volt will be similar or will fly shorter.

Throw an SPD for a few months and beat out some fade and add some glide. P Volt. Should be an easy extra 10-20'.

No joke, everyone at my courses keeps tryin to buy my proton volts after they see them fly.

The Volt has always been a disc people lust after, now more than ever i expect with the Protons.

Proton Volts are in the bag!!! i took these out to a longer course today and was able to throw these on about half of the holes there, i had so much fun throwing these, they just go DEAD straight and have the same forward penetrating fade at the end. My green Proton Volt fades a little bit sooner than my orange one on the same flat release, not sure if its the green is more stable or my release was inconsistent a few times. Just absolutely falling in love with these!

I would say they are flying 0 HSS and 2.5 LSS now that i have had time to get used to them.

They compliment my Neutron volts VERY well, on throws i want to throw without turn i throw proton, throws where i have more room to work with and are straighter, i go neutron.. its working great

I also looked at how the over-mold fuses to the core and it looks like they are doing something new, there's hatching or groves that the over-mold is chemically fused to, looks like a very smooth and consistent bond, better looking than some of the older MVP discs i have.. good to see they are adopting better techniques and getting more consistent as they move along :)

Can't wait for the eclipse Volts now!!! OMG this is the best summer for disc golf ever.

Last edited:
No joke, everyone at my courses keeps tryin to buy my proton volts after they see them fly.

I've been disappointed with the Volt, but I'm giving the P Volt a chance. The Volts will go on the chopping block if I don't like the P Volt.

I think the N Volt is useful, but I have found that it doesn't like too much power on a lower line. It requires more height than what I like. The more stable ones are better at lower lines but not as good as I was hoping. Judging from your throws and other's reviews the P Volt should be able to handle more power, which is what I want.

I should get my P Volt sometime this week. I will give feedback once I throw it.

BTW, I hope it makes the cut. I want it to.

The N volts tend to like a bit more height to give them room to gently turn over then come back, unless you hit that perfect hyzer flip to flat. The P volts are much easier to toss low and flat for that kind of line. I think you'll like them based on what you find lacking in the N's.

The N and P Volts make a fantastic control driver combo IMO.

From Mike's videos the P Volts look like a nice overstable Valk/Orc that will turn a little if you can throw them 400 feet but won't if you throw them 350.

From Mike's videos the P Volts look like a nice overstable Valk/Orc that will turn a little if you can throw them 400 feet but won't if you throw them 350.

i cranked on my P volts at the 380'-400' range today and they just wanted to stay straight until they slowed to that low speed stability stage and faded. Maybe i just wasnt reaching the threshold, but they showed no sign of going into a turn at all, just flat dead straight at long distances till they go into the fade, and at that distance the fade is even more forward penetrating. This may have a lot to do with the GYRO having more weight in the rim, its like it locks into the line and the stability of the disc doesn't resist the GYRO effect on a straight line.. its a very tasty flight :)

I hear everyone say its a "teebird replacement", or w/e.. and based on the description of a teebird, i would say the P Volt fits that like a shoe

We threw my P Volts next to a star TB today and they flew very similar, with the Volt fading a bit later.

Latest posts