• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

the purple looks nice, but i couldn't put it in the bag, would never find it.

I was messing around with mine yesterday and it can be easy to walk past in tall grass :D still had it when I left the course though.

I love how consistent these are coming out too. Took my stack to a field recently and they're identical in flight.

I love how consistent these are coming out too. Took my stack to a field recently and they're identical in flight.

I had 20 of them in 4 different colors and weights on wednsday when they came in, when i sat them on the table to check them they were all extremely consistent dome and plh. there was not one color/weight that was significantly different. Maybe a hair difference, but nothing that would give you a real noticeable flight difference, its amazing quality that MVP is living up to with this run!

I was ripping these into flat into headwinds yesterday...it was hard to tell if they were turning a micro amount or not, but they were just locking on straight into the wind and getting good distance. Underpowered they fly flat and have some decent fade, nice to depend on. I was using it for Vectorish lines since I don't have a Vector on me currently.

I've been having great luck underpowering this disc - I don't have the proton yet but I've been loving popping my neutron volt out at about 70% on a few downhill holes at my home course and just enjoying the slow fade. This disc shines when underpowered, although the full power shots look mighty pretty too.

Looks like my local shop only has these in 173 and up... is that normal? Has anyone seen lighter ones yet?

Yeah I am pretty sure they weren't able to produce under 170 this time around. Unfortunately we didn't get any under 170g and we definitely got our fair share of Proton Volts stamped and blank.

Didn't they say 168g and up will be available? If not this time around you will be able to get lighter rounds in a few months, most likely. Yes?

Didn't they say 168g and up will be available? If not this time around you will be able to get lighter rounds in a few months, most likely. Yes?

It happens. If I recall other MVP stuff has started out heavy and slowly worked down to lighter weights

This is my favorite driver already. I'm more and more surprised by how far these are going for me. Considerable farther than my Neutrons...Part of it is that I haven't had a straightish disc I could lay on flat this hard in a long time. The harder I throw it, the longer it goes before fading. The flight shape is incredibly consistent and it just seems to ignore the wind. I've been carrying 4 P Volts every round, and just when I think I've decided on which to commit to as my main driver I throw an incredible shot with a different one. They are so interchangeable it is making it difficult to choose, and this is rough when you are OCD like I am.

The new proton volts in green seemed like a bad color for in the woods and grassy areas.. taking it out for a test proved otherwise, the green color pops out very well in green grassy areas even when it shady

n1cd.jpg

Yeah proton green is awesome. So is orange it glows.

I'm like a little kid today counting down the minutes til I get off work to give the new volt a spin, super stoked.

Yep Monday for me too:(

For those who have thrown these, will they overlap with a teebird/rival?
I can throw these around 360 and am wondering if these babies are going to be able to coexist or feud with my rivals.