• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My New Money Saver! (Pictures)

Fritz

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Check out my new money saver. Just bought it today. 2002 Metropolitan. 1200$ :) 100MPG w00t, and best of all my mini revo bag fits in the sit compartment.

P5280064.jpg

P5280065.jpg

P5280066.jpg

Confradulations. The scene from dumb and dumber comes to mind. Now you just have to watch out for the Vespa gangs that hang out in alley ways. If they see you on a Honda it could get ugly at 30mph.

I'd like to get one of those, but I'd look like one of those claymation twins from that Michael Jackson video.

They're like fat chicks...fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your buddies to find out.

I am considering getting a scooter myself. How much is the insurance one one of those for a 24 yr old male?

I would play courses farther away, but I can't stand the throught of burning up 12 or 14 bucks of gas every time I go. A scooter might just be my ticket to DG freedom.

I just noticed the standard bike lock on the front tire. Good idea but I would also recommend getting another one for the back tire and a steel cable loop/lock to combine them. Its too easy for someone to just take the tire off completely. Just a suggestion.

Lloyd - hey Harry you wanna ride, I get 75 miles to the gallon on this hog. Got it from a kid in town back there. Traded the van for it straight up.

Harry - you drove a quarter way across the country in the wrong direction then sell the shaggin waggon and just when I think it can't get any worse ... you TOTALLY redeem yourself!

Is that your new golf cart?

Don't laugh about scooter gangs... I have one by my house.

Beetard- I don't think you HAVE to insure them if they are less than 50cc; you can if you want to, though. That is one of their big selling points (besides MPG). No special license, no license plates, no insurance, etc. Check your local regulations to make sure, though. I am not always right.

A picture for fun. Yes, I've thought about this one.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r46/Motorbiker_photos/NewsPics/Scooter-racing.jpg

35 top speed.
I just rode this thing for an hour or so and man was it a blast!

Can't wait to get my helmet so I can ride it in to work which is 12.9 miles away.
I figure it's gonna take me a little bit longer to get to work, but at 100MPG with the 1.3 gallon tank, I'm not gonna bitch.
I'm going from 20-30$ a week on gas to 4$ a week.

w00t.

Edit: In Colorado no need for insurance, license plates, etc... All you have to have is the Drivers License and 5.25 3 year registration sticker.

Edit #2: Yeah right now all I have is the Krypto Lock, I'm gonna go to Target tomorrow and get one of those cable locks that are looped and use that with the Krypto.

Yeah those suckers are fun. I rode one around some small town in Czech Republic one time. I wish I lived downtown and my job was there too :(

nickster9224 said:
Where do the discs go?

In the seat compartment. There is enough room for my Mini Revo Bag :)
Which is perfect. You can also get a trunk attachment if ya want and bungy cord your bigger bag onto the back.

Behold, Mini Revo with 9 Putters in it. Omega SS Putters.

P5280068.jpg

P5280069.jpg