• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My snowy, icy round

dgdave

* Ace Member *
The city cleared the road into my neighborhood today so I met up with my buddy Caleb for a round. It was the most fun round in a long time

20367_1358143356657_1323699836_30996110_4102197_n.jpg

20367_1358142676640_1323699836_30996109_5965251_n.jpg

20367_1358142516636_1323699836_30996108_3267860_n.jpg

MY buddy had a nice ace run today. I like when he realized he dropped the F bomb and I have kids who may see this.

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee18/dgdave/?action=view&current=Calebsalmost.flv

20367_1358141756617_1323699836_30996107_6338877_n.jpg

Nice pics dave. Everything sure is purdy when the snow is on the braches like that.

The coolest round of my life was when we went to out to a course that gets no traffic after a thaw/drizzle. You know, so there was a crust layer on top of the snow. Well, the discs couldnt penetrate and they skipped and slid all over the place. The snow wasnt disturbed at all so every hole was like an ice rink.

Imagine throwing a hyzer that lands where you planned and then skips and slids another 150' :lol:

I dont have a clue what the scores were, but it was the certainly the most interesting round of my life.

I played Wellspring today in 5 inches of snow. I liked it so much I decided I won't do it again for awhile.

Luke said:
I don't know what it is in that second picture, but the basket looks tiny.

Thats a mach 3. Our oklahoma bothers are corn fed.

you call that snow? Come up here dave, twin cities will show you what snow golf is. ;)

tigel said:
you call that snow? Come up here dave, twin cities will show you what snow golf is. ;)
Yeah, the snow in those pics actually looks pretty tame compared to what I've been playing in here in NC.

Anyone in the Twin Cities area up for a round tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at BRP? Tomorrow is my birthday and since I got a sub to cover my classroom, my kids will be off at their school, and my wife still has daycare, I have the morning free.

I am thinking of being there around 8:30, 9amism. I need to be finished around noon so I can be home for my afternoon plans with the family.

Scott
763-257-4672
[email protected]

damn, I have class until 11 Scott or I would. Have a happy birthday!

Haha nice....we got hit with 2 feet in lancaster pa on sat. now we are getting another 2 feet today. Its a damn shame. I am losing it not being able to play. You have inspired me to get out asap regardless of conditions. Well, maybe Il wait a week or two.

I am sure I am going to be making several people jealous but we absolutely beautiful weather. Short of 70 degrees and no snow, it was all I could ask for my birthday. Mid 20s by noon and not a cloud in the sky.

Lost my Voodoo on Hole 9 at BRP, fifteen feet from the tee, and nearly lost my Katana, Orc, and Stalker as well through the round. The snow from the last two days was very on the powdery side and I started the round alone. Luckily Ray and his family showed up to clean the course as they played their round. Apparently I had stepped on my Voodoo five or six times because they found it almost immediately.

I played like absolute crap but the nice weather combined by great company definitely made for it. What would have been perfect was if the UPS man would have shown up today. Ray was expecting an order of Nukes and I would have been more than ready to take one or two off his hands (the thought of first looksies in a shipment, first looks at the color and weight, had me drooling).

Do not know when I will be out again, I am ready for winter to be over, but I would have stayed out there all day if I did not have other plans for today.