• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name That Disc!

Not a Phenix, although that would have been an awesome disc to post and I'm bummed that I didn't think of it.

Not a Viper. I just bought a Champ Viper the other day, somebody wiped the stamp. Why would you do that? The lady in the shop was amazed that I knew what it was. There was a wiped stamped Star Whippet X there as well that I identified for her, she was thankful that she could tell somebody what it was now.

Not a Phenix, although that would have been an awesome disc to post and I'm bummed that I didn't think of it.

Not a Viper. I just bought a Champ Viper the other day, somebody wiped the stamp. Why would you do that? The lady in the shop was amazed that I knew what it was. There was a wiped stamped Star Whippet X there as well that I identified for her, she was thankful that she could tell somebody what it was now.

Why would anyone do that to a poor Viper or Whippet!? That's terrible. The stamp is great esp on the Viper.

So not an obscure one... maybe a Gryphon?

Geez... That thing looks like it would take skin off your finger with every throw...
These were not a bag mainstay back in the day, but I had several and threw them quite a bit for a few years. I do not remember them seeming odd in the hand or having any release problems with them. They do look weird, though. There were two discs with this basic wing design that I recall, one Innova and one Discraft. Oddly, one was uber flippy and the other one was slightly overstable. Weird, hun?

No correct guesses yet.

I am only guessing, but here goes ... either the Discraft Marauder or Tracer.

I can't find profile pics of either to compare with though.